image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1280 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0909 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 114.
#1501 6 years ago

Hope to be a member by thursday!
love this pin!
fingers crossed

#1502 6 years ago

Glad you got it working

#1503 6 years ago

I installed two lights in each side of the out lanes to brighten them up. I used green LEDs.

20170824_174140_resized (resized).jpg20170824_174140_resized (resized).jpg

20170824_174251_resized (resized).jpg20170824_174251_resized (resized).jpg

20170824_174201_resized (resized).jpg20170824_174201_resized (resized).jpg

#1504 6 years ago

Left inlane? 20mil and 30mil inserts what's the go there when do they come into play?

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I installed two lights in each side of the out lanes to brighten them up. I used green LEDs.

I don't get it.... the lights are behind the apron?

#1506 6 years ago

No. They are under the guides as in most other pins. I took the guides out and drilled 4 holes through the playfield. I installed 4 sockets and wired them to general lighting. You can see one bulb in the top photo to the right of the flipper.

#1507 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

No. They are under the guides as in most other pins. I took the guides out and drilled 4 holes through the playfield. I installed 4 sockets and wired them to general lighting. You can see one bulb in the top photo to the right of the flipper.

Oh, now I see it! Nice job!

#1508 6 years ago

Anyone considering getting rid of every John Trudeau designed game in their collection after yesterday's news? Ironically, my Excalibur left about two hours of reading about his arrest.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Anyone considering getting rid of every John Trudeau designed game in their collection after yesterday's news? Ironically, my Excalibur left about two hours of reading about his arrest.

Not me. I have a Creech and Judge Dredd. I have torn those down and rebuilt them and now have my own blood, sweat, and tears in them. When I bought them I had no idea the main designer was a perv (allegedly, I suppose I should note until a conviction happens). I'm not gonna ditch them. I still love playing them, and when I look at them I see the fun times I've had with them, and the time I have invested in them, and a lot of memories too. I don't see the face of Trudeau when I look at them or play them at all, nor do I think of him.

#1510 6 years ago

No. Have a Judge and in the hunt for a CFTBL. Most people dont care a fig for who made the game, just the theme and how it plays.

Quoted from KHL:

#1511 6 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Anyone considering getting rid of every John Trudeau designed game in their collection after yesterday's news?

Don't be ridiculous... go tear down a confederate statue today instead. It will make you fell better!

Crazy people all around us!

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

No. Have a Judge and in the hunt for a CFTBL. Most people dont care a fig for who made the game, just the theme and how it plays.

I guess today is your lucky day and somebody's loss can be your gain

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-15

#1513 6 years ago

In 1993 when child sexual abuse accusations against Michael Jackson. I didn't burn all my M.J CDs. Fast forward to 2017 my 8 yrs old son thinks M.J is the second best singer in the world behind Justin Bieber. I respectfully disagree with him. Back to the question. I won't getting rid of my CFTBL right now. My 5 yrs old daughter loves this pinball very much because of the hologram creature. One day if I decided to sell it the reason would be the difficulty of the multi-balls not because of the designer. My wife thinks the multi-balls is SUCK. This is her opinion, I personally believe everyone can have their own opinion this is what made Pinside great. Plus people need to take responsibility for their actions.

#1514 6 years ago

Anyone recall several years ago when Pete Townshend got caught in about the same set of circumstances? Seems Pete was just "researching for a book" or something and it sort of went away. We'll see how this plays out.

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I guess today is your lucky day and somebody's loss can be your gain
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-15

Hahah, that game is a little too big for my wallet.

Someday I'll have another one tho, I just missed a very fair local deal because I had JUST picked up a game.

#1516 6 years ago

I did just think of something: When I bought my Creech, the seller offered the choice of one of two translights: The original "cold water" translight which was kind of rare, and a regular translite with John Trudeau's autograph on it. I've never been an autograph guy, so I wanted the original "cold water" translite. Now that I think about it, and in light of these recent developments, I would not want his autograph on any of my pins. I guess I made the right translight choice.

#1517 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Anyone recall several years ago when Pete Townshend got caught in about the same set of circumstances? Seems Pete was just "researching for a book" or something and it sort of went away. We'll see how this plays out.

Quoted from teekee:

Don't be ridiculous... go tear down a confederate statue today instead. It will make you fell better!
Crazy people all around us!

HOW is that in any way the same ? Two reprehensible things that we should all learn from and move on from? Actually, I guess you're right!

#1518 6 years ago

Cold Water translite??

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I did just think of something: When I bought my Creech, the seller offered the choice of one of two translights: The original "cold water" translight which was kind of rare, and a regular translite with John Trudeau's autograph on it. I've never been an autograph guy, so I wanted the original "cold water" translite.

Cold Water translite? What is the difference?

Besides the "NSFW" translite the only other one I knew of was the "Bally backbox" style one, but I don't believe those were ever made.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Cold Water translite? What is the difference

The so-called "cold water" translite has a female swimmer with the two nipple spots (shown in the pic below). These translites appeared on early games, most of, if not all of which, shipped overseas, before Williams/Bally management noticed the nipped spots and said "Yeah... No.... Get ride of the nipples".

20170826_164135 (resized).jpg20170826_164135 (resized).jpg

#1521 6 years ago

At least, that's my understanding of the so-called "cold water" translites. My game was an early German re-import which was originally equipped with the cold water translite. The re-importer wanted to keep that translite, and substitute a regular autographed translite. I paid him $100 extra to get the original non-autographed cold water version, which I'm now really glad I did.

#1522 6 years ago

Hahahaha, I should have known. I was looking for color differences or a sign sticking out of the water or something.

#1523 6 years ago

image-29 (resized).jpgimage-29 (resized).jpg

I always thought it would be really cool to refit a CFTBL with the Bally backbox and have this style of translite in it tho.

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Now that I think about it, and in light of these recent developments, I would not want his autograph on any of my pins. I guess I made the right translight choice.

I've got an apron card signed by Trudeau. It's easy enough to remove...which I think I will for the time being. I literally felt sick to my stomach when I heard the news yesterday.

#1525 6 years ago

Mines not going anywhere

#1526 6 years ago

Keeping mine and JD is on my short list

#1527 6 years ago

My creature is not going anywhere neither my Flintstones judge Dredd or congo.

#1528 6 years ago

I'm not selling CFTBL or JD. This current US trend of destroying monuments is disturbing. If the British did this, we'd have nothing left Certainly, the British Museum would be rather empty.

The US is a young country. Let the paroxysms subside, and they will. Time resolves everything, if you can resist the urge for scorched earth.

I'm very saddened about JT, but it's early days. Let's see what happens. We don't yet know the data.

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

He should have liaised with the police while doing his research, but it was genuine (he kept notes that proved this), and he did publish a book. Pete Townshend was rightly found innocent IMO, but he behaved incredibly stupidly for sure, and it was only his wealth that enabled him to get justice (so often the case). I guess his wealth also made him feel he could do such things with impunity in the first place. Dumb.

#1530 6 years ago

My creature has just started having a problem. The color DMD doesn't turn on when I turn the machine on. Then when I start a game the flippers don't work & the coils constantly pop.
I gather it's all related?

#1531 6 years ago

My first bet would be BR1 or 2 blown up.
Had the same issue.

#1532 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

My first bet would be BR1 or 2 blown up.
Had the same issue.

Sorry in advance for the stupid question but what is BR1 or 2?

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sorry in advance for the stupid question but what is BR1 or 2?

BR is an abbreviation for bridge rectifier. He's referring to bridge rectifier number 1 and/or number 2 on the circuit boards in the head.

#1534 6 years ago

Also check fuses,when the fuse that runs the optos is out it makes the coils pop like there is a ball in them.

#1535 6 years ago

I don't know about the water, but it must be hot there in the Amazon...

#1536 6 years ago

hi guys finaly a member, got some work to do, but by just replacing the snackbar switch it's allready much better game then it came in

#1537 6 years ago

Hi, I need some expertise was playing a game today and the right and left slingshot lights went out. The 30 million light under the slingshot is out and it looks like extra ball light is also out. I checked the fuses and they all look good. Bulbs look okay and I didn't see any broken wires. They were all working when I turned on machine but went out in the middle of a game. At a lost. Don't know what to look for. Never happen before! Any thought would be appreciated. THANKS

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My creature has just started having a problem. The color DMD doesn't turn on when I turn the machine on. Then when I start a game the flippers don't work & the coils constantly pop.

Same thing happened to my friend a few weeks ago. Check fuse F104 which is located on top left corner of the power driver board.

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Replace F116. Its a 3A slow blow fuse, should get your flippers and color DMD back.

1 week later
#1540 6 years ago

Hello to all!
Can't decide to install or not to install nvram on my cftbl.
I mean I have read that the music won't change because its related to the current hour of the day.
Didn't known that about cftbl

What' do your think, I'm going to miss somefin important with nvram?
Thank you

#1541 6 years ago

I have it in my CFTBL and love it. No game changes that I can see.

#1542 6 years ago

YESSSSSSSSSS........

panel (resized).jpgpanel (resized).jpg

#1543 6 years ago

I wanted to share a little of my Creature madness with everyone. Turns out there are a bunch of black light sensitive decals on the machine and with a couple of black light LED spotlights, it's easy to make them pop.

0914172157 (resized).jpg0914172157 (resized).jpg

0914172314 (resized).jpg0914172314 (resized).jpg

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I wanted to share a little of my Creature madness with everyone. Turns out there are a bunch of black light sensitive decals on the machine and with a couple of black light LED spotlights, it's easy to make them pop.
» YouTube video

cool, will have to do this after a long await restore some day....

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

YESSSSSSSSSS........

Where is that mod from? Pinbits hasn't had it in a long time and that doesn't look like the pinballdecals one? Looks awesome!!!

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Where is that mod from? Pinbits hasn't had it in a long time and that doesn't look like the pinballdecals one? Looks awesome!!!

Here you go. Jeff Thompson is currently producing another run of these.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-cftbl-led-speaker-panels

Gord

#1547 6 years ago

Awesome thank you!

Quoted from GRB1959:

Here you go. Jeff Thompson is currently producing another run of these.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-cftbl-led-speaker-panels
Gord

#1548 6 years ago

Anyone that has a CFTBL can take some upclose pics of all the boards. I replaced the driver and CPU board and It's not working so I'm thinking I'm missing a connection somewhere? Thx in advance

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Anyone that has a CFTBL can take some upclose pics of all the boards. I replaced the driver and CPU board and It's not working so I'm thinking I'm missing a connection somewhere? Thx in advance

Hi Joe,

Close-up photos of the driver and CPU boards from my CFTBL are shown below.

Gord

DSCN0592 (resized).JPGDSCN0592 (resized).JPG
DSCN0591 (resized).JPGDSCN0591 (resized).JPG
DSCN0589 (resized).JPGDSCN0589 (resized).JPG
DSCN0587 (resized).JPGDSCN0587 (resized).JPG
DSCN0590 (resized).JPGDSCN0590 (resized).JPG
DSCN0588 (resized).JPGDSCN0588 (resized).JPG
DSCN0586 (resized).JPGDSCN0586 (resized).JPG

#1550 6 years ago

Thx GRB1959

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 5,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.