IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 114.
#1351 7 years ago

He painted it by hand!? :O

I'm working on the NSFW playfield. I thought I should make a backup anyway, but then I might as well spice the game up a bit considering the fact that I've ordered the NSFW translite. Redoing playfields is a nightmare and it takes so long... I've done about 25% of the TAF playfield. Only started with CFTBL. Should be finished by the end of June. Mind you they do look very fresh once screenprinted on clearcoated plywood.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.30 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.30 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.42 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.42 (resized).png

#1352 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

He painted it by hand!? :O
I'm working on the NSFW playfield. I thought I should make a backup anyway, but then I might as well spice the game up a bit considering the fact that I've ordered the NSFW translite. Redoing playfields is a nightmare and it takes so long... I've done about 25% of the TAF playfield. Only started with CFTBL. Should be finished by the end of June. Mind you they do look very fresh once screenprinted on clearcoated plywood.

Can I ask what the NSFW translite is? Thx

#1354 7 years ago

Nice I might need to upgrade as my original has a few small holes that lets light through Has anyone bought these? What's the quality like? Cheers

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Nice I might need to upgrade as my original has a few small holes that lets light through Has anyone bought these? What's the quality like? Cheers

Should be good. The mini translites are of a stunning quality, so I expect the genuine one to be the same. I'll post pictures once it comes in (sometime this week, unless it doesn't arrive by Friday, in which case I'll post pictures in June as I'll be away).

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would prefer something from the perspective of a drive-in movie goer. Along the lines of what this Pinsider did: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-side-rail-mod#post-2885261. But perhaps with more depth of perspective.

100% agree.

#1357 7 years ago

Hi folks,
As a new Creech owner, I am looking for advice on where to get the best mods. 28 pages of posts are hard to get through on limited time.
I very much want to upgrade the speaker panel tail light area, as well as replace the apron detail cards.
Is the pin-sound upgrade or a speaker upgrade worthwhile?
I will be visiting the Allentown show and could pop by any table of course.
Thanks in advance. Ill post some pictures later.

#1358 7 years ago

Does anyone remember when Pinbits was working on producing the taillight mod? I waited on them for ages before that project fizzled out and then Jeff's kit came to the rescue.

Maybe they could be coaxed into resuming that project.

EDIT: Ha! It is still on their website! http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=493

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Hi folks,
As a new Creech owner, I am looking for advice on where to get the best mods. 28 pages of posts are hard to get through on limited time.
I very much want to upgrade the speaker panel tail light area, as well as replace the apron detail cards.
Is the pin-sound upgrade or a speaker upgrade worthwhile?
I will be visiting the Allentown show and could pop by any table of course.
Thanks in advance. Ill post some pictures later.

Pinsound is AWESOME, the wool's mix is really great. Color dmd is a must on this game. Other than that... there is the drive in movie sign and car mod that lights when "move your car" starts. And swinks' snack bar mod is a requirement.

The lit speaker panel is very very hard to find, as is Mike's tv mod

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinsound is AWESOME, the wool's mix is really great. Color dmd is a must on this game. Other than that... there is the drive in movie sign and car mod that lights when "move your car" starts. And swinks' snack bar mod is a requirement.
The lit speaker panel is very very hard to find, as is Mike's tv mod

Thanks for the update. I have the colorDMD and agreed, its perfect. My table is in good shape, but needs some cosmetic tune ups.
PinballDecals has the tail light mod on their website. They seem pricey, is it worth it in your opinion?

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

I have the colorDMD and agree that its perfect. PinballDecals has the tail light mod on their website. They seem pricey, is it worth it in your opinion?

The lit taillights speaker panel is one of the best mods made for any pinball game. But the pricey one listed on that website isn't the same one some of us have (that's not currently available). I watched the video of that panel and it doesn't light up as nice as the "good" one (for one thing the S-T-A-R-L-I-T-E" sign doesn't seem to light in as many ways). And the panel pictured on that website isn't like the later run of the other panel, where the circuitry is recessed into the back side of the panel so it doesn't interfere with mounting a ColorDMD.

People talk about the myriad of mods available for TZ (and I have a few of them myself), but some TZ mods just clutter up the playfield and obstruct your view of the ball paths. Some of the very best mods ever were made for CFTBL, including the lit taillights panel, ColorDMD, Pinball MikeD lagoon TV/video mod, and Swinks EL-wire snackbar. I have all of those mods plus bulbs changed to all LEDs and a prototype 3-D translite on my Creature.

#1362 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The lit taillights speaker panel is one of the best mods made for any pinball game. But the pricey one listed on that website isn't the same one some of us have (that's not currently available). I watched the video of that panel and it doesn't light up as nice as the "good" one (for one thing the S-T-A-R-L-I-T-E" sign doesn't seem to light in as many ways). And the panel pictured on that website isn't like the later run of the other panel, where the circuitry is recessed into the back side of the panel so it doesn't interfere with mounting a ColorDMD.
People talk about the myriad of mods available for TZ (and I have a few of them myself), but some TZ mods just clutter up the playfield and obstruct your view of the ball paths. Some of the very best mods ever were made for CFTBL, including the lit taillights panel, ColorDMD, Pinball MikeD lagoon TV/video mod, and Swinks EL-wire snackbar. I have all of those mods plus bulbs changed to all LEDs and a prototype 3-D translite on my Creature.

Nice mods picture of 3D translite please I'd love a 3D translite

#1363 7 years ago

yes me to on the 3d translite

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks Littlecammi. I saw the youtube vidoes as well and saw what you were saying. I will hold off until the good one is available!

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes me to on the 3d translite

I reckon there will be a few of us Aussies wanting 3D translites Jady group buy? Save on postage lol

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Thanks for the update. I have the colorDMD and agreed, its perfect. My table is in good shape, but needs some cosmetic tune ups.
PinballDecals has the tail light mod on their website. They seem pricey, is it worth it in your opinion?

I saw there's a thread around about it - it's $400 for a bunch of wood and wires.. I seem to recall it basically did what the original mod did, but wasn't put together super well and didn't quite match up in terms of effect.

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I reckon there will be a few of us Aussies wanting 3D translites Jady group buy? Save on postage lol

I will be in if they sell them

#1368 7 years ago

Slowly working on this project pin... rebuilt the left flipper and found this extra wire hanging around it, it's light blue or gray with green stripes. Can anyone help me find where it needs to be re-soldered to? Thanks!

11creature (resized).jpg11creature (resized).jpg

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Slowly working on this project pin... rebuilt the left flipper and found this extra wire hanging around it, it's light blue or gray with green stripes. Can anyone help me find where it needs to be re-soldered to? Thanks!

This is most likely the longer way. Check for an identical wire in the backbox. My guess is that's it's some switch wire (switches go to the CPU board), so look there. Identify the connector, check in the manual, that'll tell you where to solder it.

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I would start by going into tests and see what might not work.

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

light blue or gray with green stripes.

Could be the hologram-drive J1-3 on the triac-board. See page 3-13 in the manual.

#1372 7 years ago

Added an LED strip to the backbox. It gives the bottom of the translite a nice greeny glow.

IMG_1127 (resized).JPGIMG_1127 (resized).JPG

IMG_1128 (resized).JPGIMG_1128 (resized).JPG

IMG_1135 (resized).JPGIMG_1135 (resized).JPG

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would prefer something from the perspective of a drive-in movie goer. Along the lines of what this Pinsider did: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-side-rail-mod#post-2885261. But perhaps with more depth of perspective.

that was me....and it really didn't take that long to do....did it in a weekend - the hardest part was printing which posters I wanted onto stickable vinyl which I printed using my laser printer...I got so many kudos for this....and I love the look

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

that was me....and it really didn't take that long to do....did it in a weekend - the hardest part was printing which posters I wanted onto stickable vinyl which I printed using my laser printer...I got so many kudos for this....and I love the look

You should sell your design to PinGraffix.

#1375 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

You should sell your design to PinGraffix.

Agreed!

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Fake Fake Fake if your going to do something like that,at least give her real titties!

Oh please... have you seen the knockers on Elvira? Or as a matter of fact any other character in a Pinball game, such as Christine on the POTO playfield? These games were designed for teenage boys, something to bear in mind.

#1378 6 years ago

The fake ones are the best

#1379 6 years ago

Here was a quick, lame, and easy mod I just did for creech....I saw one on ebay and they wanted $40 for it...I did a search for underwater plastic diver and found the same piece for $6.99. I think it goes rather well and doesn't really block anything....it looks as though he's looking for the creature in one of the holes

diver1 (resized).JPGdiver1 (resized).JPG
diver3 (resized).JPGdiver3 (resized).JPG

diver2 (resized).JPGdiver2 (resized).JPG

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The fake ones are the best

It's good to see she got a Brazilian wax too!

#1381 6 years ago

MightyGrave asked for a pinblade template. I figured I might as well post it here for anyone who wants to play around.

pinbladetemplate.pngpinbladetemplate.png

#1382 6 years ago

Thank you

#1383 6 years ago

Has anyone added an Illuminated Apron to their Creature? I'd like to see one installed

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone added an Illuminated Apron to their Creature? I'd like to see one installed

I'm doing that when I get back home. Haven't decided whether I want it green or white.

On another note, HELP NEEDED!!!
I want to replace the #86 ramp bulbs. Does anyone know how many there are? The manual doesn't specify, I was hoping someone knows or would be willing to count them!

#1385 6 years ago

24 - but i bought 26 to be save
+10 for the bowl.

#1386 6 years ago

Anyone have a Tail light LED kit they are looking to sell. I saw one on a pin at the Texas pinball festival. For sure a must have!

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Anyone have a Tail light LED kit they are looking to sell. I saw one on a pin at the Texas pinball festival. For sure a must have!

car with tail light or fin tail light mod?

Tail Light Mod (resized).jpgTail Light Mod (resized).jpg

#1388 6 years ago

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EPFH5LYLQ/cftbl-tail-light-mod-tail-light-housing?optionId=43859460

#1389 6 years ago

I will have 2 kits assembled soon all wired up with some sample chromed plastic bumpers done by Ron from the US, which will be alot cheaper than going the pure polished silver version

#1390 6 years ago

Anyone have a Tail light LED kit they are looking to sell. For sure a must have!

Quoted from swinks:

Car with tail light or fin tail light mod?

I think he means the lit taillight speaker panel mod as mentioned in some posts above on this page.

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I think he means the lit taillight speaker panel mod as mentioned in some posts above on this page.

good point, so that's possibly 3 tail light mods for this game.

#1392 6 years ago

Quick question- With the attrack mode I turned it on and a couple of mins after I finished my game it went off(how awesome is it) but then the game sat there for maybe 15-20 mins and it didn't go off again? Does that sound normal?

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Quick question- With the attrack mode I turned it on and a couple of mins after I finished my game it went off(how awesome is it) but then the game sat there for maybe 15-20 mins and it didn't go off again? Does that sound normal?

it just goes off about 2minutes after the end of the game - nice feature

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it just goes off about 2minutes after the end of the game - nice feature

Cheers Jady-is it just the once or every few minutes?

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cheers Jady-is it just the once or every few minutes?

for me, a message comes on at about 1 minute and then at the 2 minute mark and then that is it.

#1396 6 years ago

Yep it just plays the once after a agame

#1397 6 years ago

I believe on mine it will keep going for as long as the game is on. About once every half hour or so. Some times I will be doing something across the room when it is very quiet and out of nowhere it scares the s%&^t out of me.

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I believe on mine it will keep going for as long as the game is on. About once every half hour or so. Some times I will be doing something across the room when it is very quiet and out of nowhere it scares the s%&^t out of me.

Twilight zone does this to me when I leave it on and the ball drain music plays out of nowhere!

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yes the one for the speakers I'd like to get. I saw one in person and it looks great.

#1400 6 years ago

Yes the one for the speakers I'd like to get. I saw one in person and it looks great.

Did Dan post pics of the CFTBL mod yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/28?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.