IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 115.
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

I ordered the suggested board on this thread from Amazon and it's not the correct Raspberry Pi board. It had the incorrect number of pins for the connector that goes to the other board. It also had mini-SD instead of SD. Anyone know where I can get an exact Raspberry Pi replacement board for my MikeD hologram mod? I can live with the mini-SD, but it has to have the correct number of pins to fit the connector.
Thanks, Rob

It sounds like you have a PI B, not B+. How many USB ports are on your PI? 2 = B, 4 = B+. The B model also only has 26 GPIO pins where as the B+ has 40. Does your PI look like this one? https://www.adafruit.com/product/998

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Thanks for your reply! do you think that the kisslane hole needs a protector too? it is subjct to major worns?

I don't have that one, but it probably wouldn't hurt. That hole gets lots of traffic.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Sweet snackbar! I have one on order...
Here is the updated bowl reed switch mod now installed under the flap with black double face tape.

Can you explain how the wires how up to the new switch?

#1104 7 years ago

It's only 2 wires green and white and the replacement switch is also green and white. Easy.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

It's only 2 wires green and white and the replacement switch is also green and white. Easy.

And don't worry about the diode, a diode is integrated already into the MRS....so just green to green and white to white and done!

#1106 7 years ago

started a hyperthetical rule upgrade thread here if any one wants to add an ultimate additional rule / code to the game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hyperthetical-cftbl-code-improvements-v20

#1107 7 years ago

There's a guy doing a wh2o recode.

#1108 7 years ago

Creature fans -

I just replaced the tiny light bulbs in my ramp and the swamp bowl with LEDs, and I am noticing that several of the sockets are not lit. I know it is not the bulbs, as they work in other sockets, but I'm curious if anybody has an idea of how to clean or re-set those sockets so the damn things work. I do not believe this is an issue of weak solder, as they are well connected the board... before I disassemble anything, is there an easy way to clean those things; maybe they're just corroded?

TIA

#1109 7 years ago

Some of those lights are not on all the time. Run test mode to make sure they are all working.

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Some of those lights are not on all the time. Run test mode to make sure they are all working.

Yep - that's what I was doing when testing. I'll try it again though - thanks scott

#1111 7 years ago

Also remember that often leds only work one way so maybe remove and turn 180 degrees

#1112 7 years ago

I LoL'd at this video of the Creech on a rampage.

(Link NSFW due to naughty language.)

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

I LoL'd at this video of the Creech on a rampage.
» YouTube video
(Link NSFW due to naughty language.)

I saw this the other day and freaking loved it!

#1114 7 years ago

Swinks snakbar is in the house!

20161101_102011 (resized).jpg20161101_102011 (resized).jpg

20161101_102040 (resized).jpg20161101_102040 (resized).jpg

20161101_102023 (resized).jpg20161101_102023 (resized).jpg

20161101_102050 (resized).jpg20161101_102050 (resized).jpg

#1115 7 years ago

That's awesome! Where can you buy this?

#1116 7 years ago

I am hoping that someone has a snack bar plastic they can part with. I got a players condition Creature and it had several busted plastics. I've managed to find all of the other ones except the snack bar plastic. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers and happy flipping!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I am hoping that someone has a snack bar plastic they can part with. I got a players condition Creature and it had several busted plastics. I've managed to find all of the other ones except the snack bar plastic. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
Cheers and happy flipping!

I can help you out but notice that it will be shipped from Brazil!

#1119 7 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a CFTBL?

#1120 7 years ago

Love my Creech!!!

IMG_2100 (resized).jpgIMG_2100 (resized).jpg

#1121 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Anyone looking to sell a CFTBL?

I am, but I'm in jersey

#1122 7 years ago

thanks for the mention, you can find the snackbar mod info on this thread as mentioned above (thanks guys)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/23#post-3426852

and for other CFTBL mods check out
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

with the Drive-in Speaker for the left ramp flap being a cool and affordable mod

Snackbar Promo (resized).jpgSnackbar Promo (resized).jpg

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Love my Creech!!!

Diggin' the wall art there too Robster

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Does anyone have a CFTBL Pinsound profile apart from this: Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon_1992.zip

Is anyone using the Pinsound board with this game? I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions.

#1125 7 years ago

Hi there
I just join this club. I have two problems in my machine. I hope someone can help me.

1. Fuse blown. Every now and then my F111 5A fuse blown. The new 5A fuse did not blown when I do the flash light test or hologram test. However, I think the fuse was blown during the attract mode. Anyone has this type experience before?

2. Kiss lane. I know I can get the letter "F" when I plung my first ball with perfect timing. However, if I missed in my first ball. I will not able to get a multi ball in my first ball. Am I correct? Because My machine do not lite any kiss letter even I shot the kiss lane a few times. Is it normal?

Hope someone can help me.
Many thanks
Paul

#1126 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

2. Kiss lane. I know I can get the letter "F" when I plung my first ball with perfect timing. However, if I missed in my first ball. I will not able to get a multi ball in my first ball. Am I correct? Because My machine do not lite any kiss letter even I shot the kiss lane a few times. Is it normal?

not sure on item 1

item 2
to get Multiball you need to achieve F I L M = 4 objectives and the Kiss lane is just one of those objectives.
If you time your plunge just right you can achieve F instantly but if you don't you have to shoot the kiss lane up to 4 times which then in turn spells F for the F I L M.
If kiss is not lighting up it could be 2 predictable possible issues, 1. the globes are gone or loose and if leds maybe turn them 180 degrees to check they are not in the wrong way. OR 2. the solder on that board needs to be re-flowed as with age and heat expansion sometimes the contact drops off and the light won't work.

hope that helps a little.

#1127 7 years ago

I am going to guess:

1. The switch in the kiss lane hole is not working or needs adjustment

Or

2. The kiss lane gate is missing/broken and your shots are just going back up to the top of the game.

#1128 7 years ago

Im looking for a hard to find part. Im looking for the wire form ramp that returns the ball to the bowl. Yes its the one that goes across the entire playfield. Mine is missing any help please pm me. Thank u jeremy

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Im looking for a hard to find part. Im looking for the wire form ramp that returns the ball to the bowl. Yes its the one that goes across the entire playfield. Mine is missing any help please pm me. Thank u jeremy

hey Jeremy, if you have no luck let me know and I will model mine up so you can get someone to make one for you, cheers Jady

#1130 7 years ago

Hologram question. Tried to find obvious answer but mostly people said check your upgraded speaker. In test mode I see the green light very bright and my mirror moves back and forth but I see nothing in the window. Friends game that I am shopping so no idea of history or how it worked in the past...I did swap in a used hologram but that went in easy...Mirror adjustment? Any other tests?

Here is my holgram out of the machine.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1131 7 years ago

just realized the bulb in his game is a green led...Guessing I should get the correct halogen bulb...

#1132 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

hey Jeremy, if you have no luck let me know and I will model mine up so you can get someone to make one for you, cheers Jady

Thanks i will keep that it mind

#1133 7 years ago

That reminds me.... when I bought my CftBL, it was a parts machine, and many, many parts were thrown into the cabinet - I checked and all the ramps and wireforms were there... silly me... when came the time to assemble the machine, turns out the wire ramps were from a Fish Tales... I was lucky to soon find someone to help me, but I wonder if I hadn't, because I've never seen those for sale anywhere....

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

just realized the bulb in his game is a green led...Guessing I should get the correct halogen bulb...

I read somewhere--maybe earlier in this thread--that someone used a bright amber bulb to turn their blue Creech more green. Might be an idea. I bought the super bright green bulb and it really didn't help at all--but it was bright.

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Swinks snakbar is in the house!

This is one of my favorite mods. Swinks did a fantastic job on this piece. I was blown away with the quality.

Ron
www.pinballplatingandmore.com

#1136 7 years ago

this one?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7036

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I read somewhere--maybe earlier in this thread--that someone used a bright amber bulb to turn their blue Creech more green. Might be an idea. I bought the super bright green bulb and it really didn't help at all--but it was bright.</blockquot

Thx..Once I make sure I get it working Ill see about adding color led...

#1138 7 years ago

I did some adjustments to the lighting, first I took the strongest LED I could find.
Next I replaced the standard mirror with a green one, from pints.
At last I added a green filter at the end of the light tunnel. The bright LED made everything turn white inside the cabinet, now everything just glows green, real cool effect. I still want to add some blinking green leds bellow the scoops and VUK so it looks like something is alive down there.

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I did some adjustments to the lighting, first I took the strongest LED I could find.
Next I replaced the standard mirror with a green one, from pints.
At last I added a green filter at the end of the light tunnel. The bright LED made everything turn white inside the cabinet, now everything just glows green, real cool effect. I still want to add some blinking green leds bellow the scoops and VUK so it looks like something is alive down there.

I'd like to see a pic of how this turned out if you have one?

#1140 7 years ago

Hi @all,

I just joined this forum, because I am looking for help with my broken CFTBL. Maybe I am wrong arround here, in this forum, so feel free to move this threat to some other forum.
I am looking for the wireing diagram of CFTBL. My machine does not work and it is hard for me as a german, to explain the faults here. Thats why I need these plans, to measure where the failure might be.

Has anyone here an idea, where to get these plans, for me, a good scan would do, but I would also bye the plans in an online Shop, but all shops I found on google, either they had no plans, or they where out of stock.

Thanks and greetings from germany

Kellogs

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from Kellogs:

Hi @all,
I just joined this forum, because I am looking for help with my broken CFTBL. Maybe I am wrong arround here, in this forum, so feel free to move this threat to some other forum.
I am looking for the wireing diagram of CFTBL. My machine does not work and it is hard for me as a german, to explain the faults here. Thats why I need these plans, to measure where the failure might be.
Has anyone here an idea, where to get these plans, for me, a good scan would do, but I would also bye the plans in an online Shop, but all shops I found on google, either they had no plans, or they where out of stock.
Thanks and greetings from germany
Kellogs

Do you need this: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/588/Bally_1992_Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Full_Operations_Manual.pdf ?

#1142 7 years ago

How do you all actually level the bowl? Just with washers or something? It doesn't look to me like the bowl is set up to just sit on the screws themselves. I've gotta be missing something.

Nothing in the manual either.

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How do you all actually level the bowl? Just with washers or something? It doesn't look to me like the bowl is set up to just sit on the screws themselves. I've gotta be missing something.
Nothing in the manual either.

Right...anything you have to level it left to right...and then anything to bring the front of the bowl up high enough to slide the glass on and off...that axis will never be level so you are looking to counter as tilt much as you can...most use the post rubbers so you can tweak depending on the tightness of the bolt due to the sponginess of the post rubber.....

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'd like to see a pic of how this turned out if you have one?

Here you go

20161118_191438 (resized).jpg20161118_191438 (resized).jpg

20161118_191429 (resized).jpg20161118_191429 (resized).jpg

#1145 7 years ago

^^ That looks great - I always thought of the WOZ crystal ball as sort of a successor to the creature in a way. Would be awesome to get a mod together that... oh wait..

#1146 7 years ago

I replaced the original lamp with an LED lamp, the brightest 12v I could find. This one is about 50w. Next to that I painted the lamp with green glass paint. The mirror is also a green version from pinbits.

1 week later
#1147 7 years ago

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find part A-15731. It's the 4 Lamp Board under FILM. No one seems to have it. The light under the F works initially, when I turn it on, but starts to flicker as it gets played. I'm looking to swap it out with a replacement, because I tried cleaning the contact points for the LED and nothing improved.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find part A-15731. It's the 4 Lamp Board under FILM. No one seems to have it. The light under the F works initially, when I turn it on, but starts to flicker as it gets played. I'm looking to swap it out with a replacement, because I tried cleaning the contact points for the LED and nothing improved.

Take that board out and and reflow the header pins. Common issue and that should bring it back. Do it to all the pins on the board.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Take that board out and and reflow the header pins. Common issue and that should bring it back. Do it to all the pins on the board.

and if that doesn't work, reflow the 2 crescent shaped areas that those 555 sockets twist into. you may have to add a bit of solder to the existing crescents, but between that and dmacy's suggestion, it should do the trick

1 week later
#1150 7 years ago

What is the correct bulb for halogen ? Looks like 89 base. auto parts store? Part #?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/23?hl=scottmaggie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.