IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 115.
#1001 7 years ago

Here are a few pics if my Creech. Mods I have done are purple post sleeves and super bands, laseriffic topper, Led under body lights, and purple armor, also creature shooter rod

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1002 7 years ago

The purple armor looks incredibly cool!

#1003 7 years ago

There is a drive in by me also,its called the overlook drivein.

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

There is a drive in by me also,its called the overlook drivein.

Never seen that one. I must have overlooked it.

#1005 7 years ago

The one in Enderby is the Starlight, same as the one in Creech!

#1006 7 years ago

Well it looks like Creature is going to need a playfield swap.Pinball_(resized).jpgPinball_(resized).jpg

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The purple armor looks incredibly cool!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Well it looks like Creature is going to need a playfield swap.

Censor: I’m sorry, Mr. Cross. I am the censor and I will not allow this.
Frank: Why not?
Censor: Well, specifically, you can see her nipples.
Frank: I want to see her nipples!
Censor: But this is a Christmas show!
Frank: Well, Charles Dickens would’ve wanted to see her nipples then.

#1009 7 years ago

I picked up a CFTBL this past weekend, and it looks like the hologram is in good shape (still green), but the motors seem to both be frozen or need rebuilding (the mirror motor makes noise and runs a bit with a push but then stops again--the hologram motor doesn't even make noise, but I haven't checked the fuse).

Is it worth trying to keep the motors running? My inclination is to configure it at a nice angle (with the motors are disconnected), so the creature just shows in a static pose when the light comes on. Thoughts?

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I picked up a CFTBL this past weekend, and it looks like the hologram is in good shape (still green), but the motors seem to both be frozen or need rebuilding (the mirror motor makes noise and runs a bit with a push but then stops again--the hologram motor doesn't even make noise, but I haven't checked the fuse).
Is it worth trying to keep the motors running? My inclination is to configure it at a nice angle (with the motors are disconnected), so the creature just shows in a static pose when the light comes on. Thoughts?

This happened to me a week or so ago, and the machine had been working PERFECTLY before that. I had had a long conversation with another pinsider about how it is "never, ever ever 'just a fuse'." Well, it was. It was a couple of fuses, to be exact, but I replaced one (I can't remember which, one of the solenoid fuses), and everything sprang back to life. I couldn't believe it. Cost me maybe 8 bucks after I replaced *all* the fuses.

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Censor: I’m sorry, Mr. Cross. I am the censor and I will not allow this.
Frank: Why not?
Censor: Well, specifically, you can see her nipples.
Frank: I want to see her nipples!
Censor: But this is a Christmas show!
Frank: Well, Charles Dickens would’ve wanted to see her nipples then.

My wife even laughed .

#1012 7 years ago

Check fuse f116 top left 3A fuse.

#1013 7 years ago

The motors do go bad, and can blow fuses as they do. Get new ones from pbresource.

#1014 7 years ago

OT: Any slot fan here? This one's cool:

14039911_1143504122390942_6746772357469663902_n (resized).png14039911_1143504122390942_6746772357469663902_n (resized).png

#1015 7 years ago

So i looked at the thread of the Brian Kelly restore, great to see all those pictures. Beautiful machine, also very expensive. I love the clearcoated playfield. Two questions. I see him using the OCD board to put led in the playfield and GI, but I see on the site that the ramp will not work properly. Did anyone of you do the OCD and ramp with Leds? I kept mine old school for now but I want to try the leds. This machine is next to my GBLE and it just seems faded...

Other question, where did they get the backglass taillight mod? Is that still for sale, the lists with the costs stated it for $180.

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So i looked at the thread of the Brian Kelly restore, great to see all those pictures. Beautiful machine, also very expensive. I love the clearcoated playfield. Two questions. I see him using the OCD board to put led in the playfield and GI, but I see on the site that the ramp will not work properly. Did anyone of you do the OCD and ramp with Leds? I kept mine old school for now but I want to try the leds. This machine is next to my GBLE and it just seems faded...
Other question, where did they get the backglass taillight mod? Is that still for sale, the lists with the costs stated it for $180.

a pinsider Dantina is very soon releasing about 20 different backlit speaker panels with the Creature being one of the first ones. This one below is for Star trek.

the dmd panels will have authorised art as well as backlit components and include the mask to let light through sections. The only difference will be it won't have sequenced lighting but will have a sunset backlit etc.

#1017 7 years ago

Is that the right video you posted?

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Is that the right video you posted?

no it's not as it is the only one available but he stated in another thread that a creech panel will be released soon...

#1019 7 years ago

Spelling FILM in order may get you 8M points but have any of you spelled MILF to see what happens? ;0)

#1020 7 years ago

Have you?

#1021 7 years ago

Need a small favour from someone who has the MikeD mod installed on their Creetch. Long story short, I had to solder in a resistor on the board last night, plugged everything in where it belongs (or so I thought), booted up the game, now no signal getting sent to the tv.

I don't have the install manual anymore, so I'm not able to confirm what I've left unplugged. Could someone kindly take a pic (or two) showing where the connections are made on the board?? Would be sooooo much appreciated!

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Need a small favour from someone who has the MikeD mod installed on their Creetch. Long story short, I had to solder in a resistor on the board last night, plugged everything in where it belongs (or so I thought), booted up the game, now no signal getting sent to the tv.
I don't have the install manual anymore, so I'm not able to confirm what I've left unplugged. Could someone kindly take a pic (or two) showing where the connections are made on the board?? Would be sooooo much appreciated!

I can't really get behind the monitor to get a good pic, but go to Pinballmods.com and watch

This is the best pic I could get. Curious, why did you have to solder?

IMG_20160902_095619409 (resized).jpgIMG_20160902_095619409 (resized).jpg

#1023 7 years ago

My apologies....I should have been more explicit. The driver board in the head.

I had to solder in a resistor, thus had to unplug everything to get the board out.

1 week later
#1024 7 years ago

Anyone looking to do the reed switch mod on the bowl... I just did it with this switch. Had to cut the tabs off and change the molex. Works perfect.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5145-XX

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Anyone looking to do the reed switch mod on the bowl... I just did it with this switch. Had to cut the tabs off and change the molex. Works perfect.

Maybe this one would better fit? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4229

#1026 7 years ago

Good to see my very own original mod still being applied after all these years!!!

#1027 7 years ago

Sonic - Thank you for this great mod idea!!!

amendes - I am sure that one would work too. Just didn't see it when I ordered the one from marco. I think any reed switch will work with some adjusting for mounting it.

#1028 7 years ago

I bought my first pin (Creech) in 2004 and almost immediately had the idea after watching 2-3 spins in the whirlpool...I had a spare MRS laying around, put it in (it was quick and easy) and just loved it...still love watching that damn thing spin around....mine does about 8-9 spins before she drains....

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Can you post a pic of it installed?

#1030 7 years ago

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album440/DSC07244

It's not my Creech, but Chris did do my Creech before this one...and yep, still have it....I'm Matt!

#1031 7 years ago

How do you get that many spins? How did you set up the ramp and bowl?

#1032 7 years ago

Glad you asked! The trick is the MRS to start - easy to install...then lift the bottom of the bowl 'up' (front to back) to be as level as you can (meaning you can still slide the glass on/off) - you are 'countering' the pitch of the machine....see? Then you simply make sure left to right is level.....and finally make sure the rail coming into the bowl throws the ball in smoothly.....my argument has always been, had the MRS been developed at WMS when this game was developed - they've used it....so screw that stupid micro-switch....plus I'm like a cat - love watching that ball go round and round!

#1033 7 years ago

LOL

cat-food-ball (resized).jpgcat-food-ball (resized).jpg

#1034 7 years ago

Got the switch before they went extinct. If nothing else it looks much cleaner than the normal switch. I'll play with the bowl as you suggested to get a few more laps each time the ball drops in, thanks.

#1035 7 years ago

Here is a pic of the reed switch installed on my Creech. Got to level the bowl still...

20160914_223020 (resized).jpg20160914_223020 (resized).jpg

#1036 7 years ago

My Creech.. led lit back panel, teal pops with teal wafers and teal flashers added.

Also:
Cointaker leds, nvram, green led buttons, green shooter, green cab protectors, new legs, glass, bolts, levelers, green mirror, halogen bulb upgrade, new lagoon window, pink kiss leds, blue film flashers, green bowl leds, white ramp leds, colordmd, pinball pro speakers, green leds under cab, poster and autographed pic both waiting to be framed.

Dying for the led speaker panel!!!

20160914_223421 (resized).jpg20160914_223421 (resized).jpg

20160914_223415 (resized).jpg20160914_223415 (resized).jpg

20160914_223225 (resized).jpg20160914_223225 (resized).jpg

20160914_223215 (resized).jpg20160914_223215 (resized).jpg

20160914_223902 (resized).jpg20160914_223902 (resized).jpg

20160914_223909 (resized).jpg20160914_223909 (resized).jpg

#1037 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Here is a pic of the reed switch installed on my Creech. Got to level the bowl still...

You can actually put it below where you have it to better register spins...it's so light and small about anything from double-sided sticky tape will work to hold it in place....

#1038 7 years ago

Great idea. Will grab some black double faced tape and remount it tomorrow.

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

My Creech..
Backboard led

How did you made the backboard lightning and which led you usw for it? Like the purple light

#1040 7 years ago

Yep just a purple strip. Took 5 minutes to install.

#1041 7 years ago

Installed a swinks pinball mod on my creech today, very very nice.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1042 7 years ago

Sweet snackbar! I have one on order...

Here is the updated bowl reed switch mod now installed under the flap with black double face tape.

20160915_145255 (resized).jpg20160915_145255 (resized).jpg

#1043 7 years ago

OK, so I just made up my mind and ordered 2 reed switches from Marco! (I'll keep one as a spare since my SWT also uses it underneath the FALCON ramp).

It's a much cleaner and better solution for the bowl and I'm excited to have it installed sooner than soon!

#1045 7 years ago

Next to IJ, TZ and TOM, CFTBL is one of favorite games!
I got toppers made for my games and this is the result for CFTBL.
What do you guys think?

cftbl-project-6-22-1024x576 (resized).jpgcftbl-project-6-22-1024x576 (resized).jpg

cftbl-topper-isolated-PNGsmall (resized).pngcftbl-topper-isolated-PNGsmall (resized).png

#1046 7 years ago

Oh, man. That is awesome.

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

What do you guys think?

Much better looking than the TZ one!

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

What do you guys think?

Where did you get the topper from?

#1049 7 years ago

That looks fawkin' awesome! Best topper I've ever seen! $$$???

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

What do you guys think?

Now a pic with the machine....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/21?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.