Topic Stats

• 2,787 posts
  • 335 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by tjprice222
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 901 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200123_210439_HDR.jpg
20200123_210413_HDR.jpg
CFTBL MDM2 (resized).jpg
MDM V2 (resized).jpg
C09D733B-353B-444F-9F54-4C7AFF2FFBD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20200104-WA0023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200121_104815 (resized).jpg
creech (resized).jpg
creech (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20191228_143119 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191228_142918 (resized).jpg
P1010685 (resized).JPG
P1010686 (resized).JPG
P1010684 (resized).JPG
82fcd15503ade0b5f6a7363d6aab865f8caac938 (resized).jpg

There are 2787 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They are supposed to be bright!

Yes they are. They are the projectors from the drive in.

#902 3 years ago

Can anyone please post a picture of the original hologram made? Thanks

#903 3 years ago

I still have an NOS original b/w one (still brand new in the original package, slated for my restoration). I'll post a picture tonight when I get home

edit:
found a photo of the packaging, so here it is
IMG_1137_(resized).jpg

#904 3 years ago

I need pictures of the wiring at connectors J1, J2, and J3 on both triac driver boards (A-13088). These boards drive the motors for the hologram- one is located on playfield near left flipper assembly, the other is in bottom of the cabinet near the mirror/motor.
I bought this title recently, and all the wiring for the hologram feature was severely hacked. I've repaired most of it, down to a few questionable pinouts on these boards.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

still have an NOS one (brand new in the original package, slated for my restoration). I'll post a picture tonight when I get home

JM Thank you very very much. Actually just what I needed.
Last thing, what does sticker say on back side?
Trying to figure out if I got taken advantage of on a Hologram purchase. What I have doesn't seem right.

#906 3 years ago

Still trying to figure out how many versions of hologram were made. I think I count four including the original.

#907 3 years ago

Sigh, I still need pictures of the wiring at connectors J1, J2, and J3 on both triac driver boards (A-13088). These boards drive the motors for the hologram- one is located on playfield near left flipper assembly, the other is in bottom of the cabinet near the mirror/motor. There were major hack jobs done to this game.

Anyone???

#908 3 years ago

I'd love to help, but my wiring for the hologram motors was disconnected/borked when the prior owner put the lcd mod in, so I can't be sure it is accurate. If no one else responds by tonight I'll try to get a pic of what mine looks like.

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from chickenguts71:

Sigh, I still need pictures of the wiring at connectors J1, J2, and J3 on both triac driver boards (A-13088). These boards drive the motors for the hologram- one is located on playfield near left flipper assembly, the other is in bottom of the cabinet near the mirror/motor. There were major hack jobs done to this game.
Anyone???

Can this help you?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#910 3 years ago

Thanks PeterG!!! Exactly what I needed!!! And thanks for the thought Cry havoc!

#912 3 years ago

I'll take it Doc, drive up and pay cash. I've been looking for one exactly like this for a while.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'll take it Doc, drive up and pay cash. I've been looking for one exactly like this for a while.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Selling my nicely restored fully modded Creech. Here's the ad link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33593

To give you an idea of my desire to join the club...I think that's like a 16 hr drive one way. That would easily top my pin road trip record.

#915 3 years ago

I saw it at Pintastic last year, and it's reaaaally nice.

#916 3 years ago

I tried green mini leds in the ramp and bowl but the effect is just not the same. Its flickering and not as nice as the incandescents. Any suggestions here?

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Selling my nicely restored fully modded Creech. Here's the ad link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33593

That is a beautiful machine.....Love the shooter knob....this one is just fully loaded.

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I tried green mini leds in the ramp and bowl but the effect is just not the same. Its flickering and not as nice as the incandescents. Any suggestions here?

Yes, buy green incandescents instead!

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I went to the local hobby store and got translucent green paint and it worked great. I think it cost me about a $1.99

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

Yes, buy green incandescents instead!

That's what I have in mine.... Pinballlife has them for sale.

#921 3 years ago

$10 for 10 at Pinballlife, you will need around 34 and some spares - makes $40!
With my old whites just laying around, I will try to paint them myself with green glass paint. Check how that works out. Anybody done that?

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

$10 for 10 at Pinballlife, you will need around 34 and some spares - makes $40!
With my old whites just laying around, I will try to paint them myself with green glass paint. Check how that works out. Anybody done that?

Look at post #919

#923 3 years ago

I'm so excited to finally be a member of this club as of last weekend! Being a movie and a pinball fanatic this is the perfect marriage of both. Of course it's killing me that ColorDMD is out of stock until next month- but at least she still plays great in the mean time. Anyone have any leads on a replacement speaker panel? I of course would have loved to buy one of the modded ones if they were available. I plan on just attempting the mod myself, but unfortunately my speaker panel has a lot of serious scratches on the outside and lighting it up will just make that even more obvious.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Look at post #919

Yep.... I Will try that, thanks.

1 week later
#925 3 years ago

My creech badly needs a MikeD Mod - anyone know of one for sale?

#926 3 years ago

Got super lucky and got a pretty maxed-out Super Jackpot last nite--I may be wrong but I think it was worth around 500,000 points--I was too busy to take more than a quick glance at the display. Like CFTBL or not, obtaining the Super JP is very hard to do and is always a rush! Anyone know what happens next--I see that the three tunnel lights come back on? Can you build on the SJP?

#927 3 years ago

Three tunnel lights?

#928 3 years ago

Just like "finding the girl"--the same 3 lights come on for the SB, Kiss and Slide shots (tunnels). At least I think they are referred to as tunnels on the call out.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just like "finding the girl"--the same 3 lights come on for the SB, Kiss and Slide shots (tunnels). At least I think they are referred to as tunnels on the call out.

You play regular multiball again, but all jackpot values are doubled for the rest of the multiball, and the rest of the game.

#930 3 years ago

Thanks stevevt, I had not been able to find that info.

#931 3 years ago

I am about to tear down a CFTBL, does anyone have any advice or challenges they faced when they tore down there game? I tend not to deal with games this new. I plan on taking lots of pictures. Thanks!

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I am about to tear down a CFTBL, does anyone have any advice or challenges they faced when they tore down there game? I tend not to deal with games this new. I plan on taking lots of pictures. Thanks!

Not really any challenges, other than figuring out the order to take things off. I just shopped mine last week, and I think this was the order for the major pieces:

1) whirlpool with habitrail
2) Big looping MB plastic ramp
3) Upper left sign
4) plastic under left sign
5) plastic in corner (just loosen for now to remove ramp harness)
6) metal ramp in upper left corner
7) slide habitrail on right
8 ) left ramp returning to right inlane
9) right ramp returning to left inlane

The rest should be easy

#933 3 years ago

What colors would you guys use for the GI on the PF?

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

I don't like colors in the GI because it washes out the true colors of the plastics. I use warm white frosted in GI.

However, for CFTBL I put a green flasher under the two ramps.

#935 3 years ago

Nothing but incandescents--why mess with the classic look?

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Nothing but incandescents--why mess with the classic look?

Because it looks better!

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Because it looks better!

Ummmmm... It really doesn't, each to their own though

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Ummmmm... It really doesn't, each to their own though

You can both be wrong, that's cool

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You can both be wrong, that's cool

I tried led, did not work, changed all back to the old lights. Now i am painting some flashers and light green and red, that looks great.

#940 3 years ago

I joined the club. I got this really nice game from a pinsider. I drove 12 hours up to Allentown. It has a clear coated playfield, Mike D mod, color dmd, swinks snackbar, car mod, the taillights mod, and a UV light strip that looks really nice in the upper right of the game.

I picked up the drive in lcd mod at the show and plan on putting it in soon.

image_(resized).jpeg

#941 3 years ago

Hey guys! I joined the club in early April and she was the filthiest machine I've ever seen. I tore her down and rebuilt from the ground up (new ramps, plastics, posts, hardware, colorDMD, pinballpro speaker upgrade, giant topper, few mods, etc). and I'm absolutely loving this game up and down. However, I've got the blue hologram and I've tried using a piece of yellow plastic (light gel in the video world) and now that I've got the machine back together, I'm not seeing the hologram at all even in test mode. I think the problem may be that the pinballpro subwoofer base is causing the subwoofer to be blocking the light just enough that I'm not seeing the hologram. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried searching, but I can't seem to find the right search phrase, so I thought I would ask here.

edit** I just saw the thread from sulli10 with the lamp moved closer to the mirror. I will have to try something like that and see if I can get more light past the sub.

#942 3 years ago

Does anybody have a taillight mod kit lying around to sell? Let me know.

#943 3 years ago

is the sub to the side or the centre? creech cabinets should have the speaker hole to the side.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Hey guys! I joined the club in early April and she was the filthiest machine I've ever seen. I tore her down and rebuilt from the ground up (new ramps, plastics, posts, hardware, colorDMD, pinballpro speaker upgrade, giant topper, few mods, etc). and I'm absolutely loving this game up and down. However, I've got the blue hologram and I've tried using a piece of yellow plastic (light gel in the video world) and now that I've got the machine back together, I'm not seeing the hologram at all even in test mode. I think the problem may be that the pinballpro subwoofer base is causing the subwoofer to be blocking the light just enough that I'm not seeing the hologram. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried searching, but I can't seem to find the right search phrase, so I thought I would ask here.
edit** I just saw the thread from sulli10 with the lamp moved closer to the mirror. I will have to try something like that and see if I can get more light past the sub.

I have the pinball pro speakers and sub. I have never had any problems seeing the creature after i put them in 5-6 years ago. it could be an alignment problem with your lamp or mirror.

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

is the sub to the side or the centre? creech cabinets should have the speaker hole to the side.

Also this.

1 week later
#946 3 years ago

Was setting up my MikeD holo mod today. Boards and wiring already installed by previous owner, but re-installing screen and bracket.

The MikeD rev 2 power board / controller is lighting up. However no LEDs are lighting on the Raspberry Pi, and it appears to be dead. Certainly outputting no HDMI signal - I checked with a PS4 that the TV was able to receive HDMI.

Before I go and buy a new Raspberry Pi (which version is it?), I'd like to make sure the PSU power feed isn't the issue. If I go and buy a USB power supply, what do I need to get? 5V 3A USB Micro? Will a standard phone charger work?

If the separate PSU doesn't work and I know it's the Pi itself, will just connecting the new one up and inserting the SD card and USB stick make it work immediately, or do I need to do some setup?

Sorry for the cluelessness.

#947 3 years ago

I'd be calling MikeD before I did anything. Any trouble I had with mine he went out of his way to help solve the issue.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'd be calling MikeD before I did anything. Any trouble I had with mine he went out of his way to help solve the issue.

Normally I would, but he'd posted that he had a lot of personal stuff to sort out, and has ended production of the mod, likely permanently. Was hoping some people on the board could offer some insight.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Normally I would, but he'd posted that he had a lot of personal stuff to sort out, and has ended production of the mod, likely permanently. Was hoping some people on the board could offer some insight.

I agree with Billy16, I had an issue once...after the mod was no longer available, and he replied and it has been working great ever since.

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

My preference is cool white, except P-A-I-D inlanes and left slingshot warm white, and green led at the middle right side plastic, where the creature is popping out of the screen and dude running away...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 2787 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside