IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 115.
#851 8 years ago

My 3D Creech:

bea7b131c61e691c89844f42c7b6daf1_(resized).jpgbea7b131c61e691c89844f42c7b6daf1_(resized).jpg

b15bdc1c6b8177a4213aa1b4b89d9a1_(resized).jpgb15bdc1c6b8177a4213aa1b4b89d9a1_(resized).jpg

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think Creature is a beautiful machine, but what's the deal with the "Slide" objective? I always felt like they were just phoning in the rules on that one... Like they couldn't think of any other objectives so they just went it.

what do you mean by slide objective?

the slide shot awards you the 'M' for F-I-L-M

the slide animation is supposed represent sliding down a playground slide. I'm not sure why what the breaking glass at the end of the animation represents

if you're asking why they called it the 'slide' and what does it mean? that harkens back to the time of the drive-in theaters where there were children's playgrounds in front of the screen. parents would allow their kids to go and play on the slides, swings, jungle gym's and other playground objects (hence the 'playground award') until it became dark enough for the movie(s) to start

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think Creature is a beautiful machine, but what's the deal with the "Slide" objective? I always felt like they were just phoning in the rules on that one... Like they couldn't think of any other objectives so they just went it.

I agree,
is it supposed to be slide like a film slide?

The motor behind the hologram doesn't seem to have much of an effect on mine?

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is it just me or does that "hologram" look funny? I've never seen one where the creature appears to be just a bust (waist up only?!?)

Yes, mine is also not that close-up

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I agree,
The motor behind the hologram doesn't seem to have much of an effect on mine?

Yes, it is a film slide.
The motor behind the hologram is supposed to move the left claw...but mine is also not doing much.

#856 8 years ago

Shouldn't the hologram move about 3 inches up during motor movement? Revealing his whole body?

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

is it just me or does that "hologram" look funny? I've never seen one where the creature appears to be just a bust (waist up only?!?)

I think it is just the angle it was taken at.

#858 8 years ago

Now hologram questions......
Who made the first run and what would the protective coating say on it?
Same question, but who made the RE-run about 3 years ago and what would protective coating say on it?
Now, why do the originals start to delaminate around corners and start to peel, heat from machine? It's not the movement.of mechanism.
Thanks for help.
Eric

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what do you mean by slide objective?

I'm just referring to the task itself (not the meaning behind), just hit the ball into the VUK. It seems very simple. The completion of film seems like it's the main progression toward wizard mode, I just think they should have used a more complex objective to obtain the "M"

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm just referring to the task itself (not the meaning behind), just hit the ball into the VUK. It seems very simple. The completion of film seems like it's the main progression toward wizard mode, I just think they should have used a more complex objective to obtain the "M"

I disagree that getting multiball should be harder. I also disagree with calling multiball a wizard mode. I like the fact that there's one easy objective on the way to multiball, and it was enough that you basically need to shoot all around the playfield to make it happen.

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Perhaps, but that would eliminate one of the best combo shots in the game. Not easy to do, but I love it when I plunge and collect "KISS" and combo that into "Slide". Get a nice bonus for it, too. I also appreciate that by not being too complex of a task to collect "FILM" I always have another shot at obtaining it after I screwed up the first multiball...

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

ah, gotcha now.

yeah, I never really thought about it, but you're correct.

the 'F' can be completed with one well timed plunge, otherwise it requires upwards of 4 shots
the 'I' needs 4 shots to complete, but is made easier by acquiring one of the snack bar signs by hitting the snack bar hole
and the 'L' can be completed with a single shot to the flashing lane, otherwise 4 shots to complete 'P-A-I-D'

but with the 'M', you only have to shoot it once. although, because you only need to hit it once, doing so (out of turn) negates the sequence film sequence award (an extra 8M in bonus points)

#863 8 years ago

I've read somewhere that, somehow they found it harder to hit that right vulk (than the left one), so they left just one shot for it to complete the mission!

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the 'F' can be completed with one well timed plunge

???

You've got to spell "KISS" by shooting 4 times on the left vulk!

#865 8 years ago

For "I" you need to hit all 4 snack bar targets!

#866 8 years ago

Skill shot at the beginning. Before you plunge you will see the Kiss lights cycling. Full plunge at the right time will complete all the Kiss lights.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Skill shot at the beginning. Before you plunge you will see the Kiss lights cycling. Full plunge at the right time will complete all the Kiss lights.

Never accomplished that, but I did not know about it.... Gonna try tonight!

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Never accomplished that, but I did not know about it.... Gonna try it tonight!

On mine you pull all the way back and release when all four kiss lights are lit.

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

On mine you pull all the way back and release when all four kiss lights are lit.

Mine too.

#870 8 years ago

correct. when you start a ball, you'll notice that the K-I-S-S light cycle. K only, then K-I lit, K-I-S, K-I-S-S and finally no lights (rinse, repeat)

as fiberdude120 stated, if you perform a full plunge when all four lights are lit, they should cycle back to all lit when the switch is triggered by the ball, awarding you K-I-S-S and the 'F' in F-I-L-M in one shot.

additionally, on subsequent ball launches, the remaining lights will cycle, allowing you the chance to complete the remaining letters with a plunge

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I agree,

Quoted from PeterG:

Yes, it is a film slide.

This is not correct. I do not know for a fact, but I would stake my life on this NOT being a film slide. It's a reference to an wide stainless steel slide from a playground. Drive-In Theatres always had a playground for children to play at while waiting for the sun to go down and the movie to start. The slide in the image on the DMD is one of the slides that was nearly always a part of these playground structures.

wide_slide_(resized).jpgwide_slide_(resized).jpg

On a separate note, these slides are still the best.

#872 8 years ago

I own a drive-in...and Creech...and am a huge universal monsters fan....it's a slide as our friend from Ottawa (where I frequently travel for work I may add) indicates....

#873 8 years ago

In this area they always had a playground between the cars and the screen. This way people who come early to get a good spot can watch the kids play (and get worn out). The earlier you came the more you spent at the snack-bar. It was a big Saturday evening out.

I guess many of the younger pinheads have never had the drive-in movie experience.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why would people pay that much? I'm sure Pinball Dreams will make more, and their last batch sold for €200 each if I recall correctly. $1000 is complete madness. Used ones typically go for £120-50 in the UK or €150-200 in EU depending on condition.

Pinball Dreams did make another run of CFTBL reproduction holograms which were completed in late January of 2016.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bunch-of-creature-holo-repros-arriving-mid-january

I would be surprised if this second run has already completely sold out. Anyone looking for a nice CFTBL reproduction hologram should reach out to Henrik.

Gord

#875 8 years ago

yes it is a slide as the plastic just above it says Playground and the slide picture is intersecting by the slide wireform.

#876 8 years ago

here is my 3d creature which is real 3d for $50 - will never turn blue and has been running for years

index_(resized).pngindex_(resized).png

index-1_(resized).pngindex-1_(resized).png

#877 8 years ago

My original hologram was faded so about 8 maybe 10 years ago bought the IPB reproduction. One day it turned to red bacon. So rather than risking that again I decided to get the Mike D kit.

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is my 3d creature which is real 3d for $50 - will never turn blue and has been running for years

index_(resized).pngindex-1_(resized).png

I picked up and still have in a sealed box the remake of the Aurora Creature Model. I was going to do the same "Real-3D" thing

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

index_(resized).pngindex-1_(resized).png

Jady, how does your lagoon look like when the creature is not enlighted? I went for the same solution, but I had to build a black "cave" around the figure so the lights under the PF wouldn't spoil the trick!

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Jady, how does your lagoon look like when the creature is not enlighted? I went for the same solution, but I had to build a black "cave" around the figure so the lights under the PF wouldn't spoil the trick!

you can see a dark silhouette of the figure but because I left the black shroud in place I don't have any light issues.

My goal in the future is to motorise the figure using the 2 existing motors so make sure you keep them just to add some movement.

did you go for a led strip in yours?

for mine I relocated the bulb holder from the base of the cabinet and fastened to the mirror frame and put in a 9 bulb led in green to shine on his back to glow just the creature

#881 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

you can see a dark silhouette of the figure but because I left the black shroud in place I don't have any light issues.
My goal in the future is to motorise the figure using the 2 existing motors so make sure you keep them just to add some movement.
did you go for a led strip in yours?
for mine I relocated the bulb holder from the base of the cabinet and fastened to the mirror frame and put in a 9 bulb led in green to shine on his back to glow just the creature

I see... when I bought my CftBL, it didn't came with that black shroud, neither the holder, so I had to improvise with a black cardboard case/cave!

Yes, I put a green led strip! Tried to motorize the figure, but didn't come with a pratical solution...

I still got a spare figure, just in case!

20160330_091657_(resized).jpg20160330_091657_(resized).jpg

20160330_091707_(resized).jpg20160330_091707_(resized).jpg

#882 8 years ago

Tried yesterday.... couldn't do it

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

practice, practice, practice
what was awarded when you attempted it? if it was 3 lights (K-I-S), then you just need to wait a second longer before plunging. if it was nothing, then you need to plunge just a bit faster

#884 8 years ago

Yep, once I got 3 lights (K-I-S)!

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I need to hard plunge between the F and I to make the skill shot.

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Interesting
ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Hologram Mirror Motors And Board

Wow, it closed for $380. Almost what the mod kit sold for. Well, before buying the TV.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Wow, it closed for $380. Almost what the mod kit sold for. Well, before buying the TV.

No it sold for $431.87 plus shipping.

#888 8 years ago

That's why I love my sideshow special edition Creech figure!

#889 8 years ago

Oh geeze, you're right. I looked at it last before it actually closed. Wow!

#890 8 years ago
#891 8 years ago

Hey there! Total Newb here - I lusted after creature in the bowling alley when I was a kid, and now that I'm an "adult" I went out and got my own. I have a couple of newb questions, and I know that some of them could be solved with a bit of searching around here, but the lingo is a bit out there to me..

1. Is anyone still making the speaker panel mod with the light up elements? did I miss the boat on this one like the MikeD mod?

2. are these cheesy? would they hurt the value of my machine? The only reason I'm considering them is because I own a 58 Cadillac, and one is featured prominently in this - ebay.com link: Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Decal Inside Cabinet Art Mod PinballPT

3. Both of the flasher bulbs in both the "kiss" shot and the "slide" shot are out - the ones that flash when you've completed F-I-L-M, where do I look up what bulb it is? is there an LED replacment? - guide me.

4. light up buttons, and under cabinet lighting - cheesy? best kits? please advise.

5. The flippers are strong and powerful, but when you hold the left flipper, the bat seems to slowly drop about a quarter of an inch - Normal? The bats themselves are heavily stained by old rubber, I've ordered some super bands but should I also order new flippers? is this easy to replace by a novice?

6. Snack bar - I can hit this thing dead on and 80% of the time it wants to bounce out, would a cliffy solve this? is there a scoop adjustment I can make? or do I just suck?

7. light up pop bumpers - please advise

I could go on all day, and I hope im not stepping on any toes - thank you in advance

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from supercruiser:

Hey there! Total Newb here - I lusted after creature in the bowling alley when I was a kid, and now that I'm an "adult" I went out and got my own. I have a couple of newb questions, and I know that some of them could be solved with a bit of searching around here, but the lingo is a bit out there to me..
1. Is anyone still making the speaker panel mod with the light up elements? did I miss the boat on this one like the MikeD mod?
2. are these cheesy? would they hurt the value of my machine? The only reason I'm considering them is because I own a 58 Cadillac, and one is featured prominently in this - ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Decal Inside Cabinet Art Mod Pinballpt
3. Both of the flasher bulbs in both the "kiss" shot and the "slide" shot are out - the ones that flash when you've completed F-I-L-M, where do I look up what bulb it is? is there an LED replacment? - guide me.
4. light up buttons, and under cabinet lighting - cheesy? best kits? please advise.
5. The flippers are strong and powerful, but when you hold the left flipper, the bat seems to slowly drop about a quarter of an inch - Normal? The bats themselves are heavily stained by old rubber, I've ordered some super bands but should I also order new flippers? is this easy to replace by a novice?
6. Snack bar - I can hit this thing dead on and 80% of the time it wants to bounce out, would a cliffy solve this? is there a scoop adjustment I can make? or do I just suck?
I could go on all day, and I hope im not stepping on any toes - thank you in advance

we all have these questions early in the hobby so fine to ask.

1. not at the moment but sure something will come up eventually - half the fun is the hunt, MikeD mod is the lcd below the playfield window so different mod - sadly Mike has pulled the pin on this for a while and possibly for ever ???
2. I am not a fan of the inside art, some people like mirror blades and personally have a set of black mirror ready to go in when I do a restore.
3. yes there is a replacement - check out comet pinball, if still not working there might be a issue elsewhere. When I first got my creature these flashers weren't working and I lifted the playfield and there was a wire shorted on the solenoid as got caught on the plunger rod
4. personal taste - can make your own with Matrix gear from Comet Pinball or a pinsider Rock714 (I think that is correct) sells kits
5. definitely would do a flipper rebuild so new coil sleeve, some hardware parts, may as well install new bats and rubbers and then you don't have to do this for well over a year or more.
6. cliffy will stop wear to the scoop section of the playfield and not the accuracy, so practise
7. a couple of pages back had a link to the guide but would just read through all 18 pages here and you will learn alot.

hope that helps

#893 8 years ago

Just on # 6. I had this with my well worn Creech, my scoop was actually deformed from too much use. I gently bent it back down, also there was some foam in the scoop which I removed. I've recently bought a new stronger scope to replace this one when I next tear that area down.

#894 8 years ago

You can make that yourself - the red taillight mod is some work but not all that difficult. The drive in sign with walking light requires some more experience.

2. are these cheesy? would they hurt the value of my machine? The only reason I'm considering them is because I own a 58 Cadillac, and one is featured prominently in this - ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Decal Inside Cabinet Art Mod Pinballpt

No fan of these myself, I have Mirrorblades in almost all my pins, makes the lights come out better and makes the machine look bigger, IMHO.

Flasher are standard below the playfield all are bajonet - lots of places to get these.

You can make these yourself, I did, bought green LED strip for 1$ and just ad wire, there are connectors for that. You can cut the strip the length you want. Just plug it in on 12v and done. On Bally you have 12V below the left flipper on the board. It says 12V. The other is (I think) Ground.

New flippers and rubbers are cheap, new sleeves and springs also. Probably go that way first before rebuilding the whole set.

I would try to adjust the scoop if a lot of your shots just get out.

Nice to do, not that difficult. Bit work....

#895 8 years ago

unfortunately, jeff thompson hasn't been on pinside for well over a year. there was rumor that he was going to produce another run of his fantastic speaker panel mod, but it doesn't seem to have ever happened.

2. are these cheesy? would they hurt the value of my machine? The only reason I'm considering them is because I own a 58 Cadillac, and one is featured prominently in this

to each his own. it's your machine. you can keep it as stock as you'd like or dress it up to your heart's content. don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do with your toys

the flasher bulb is a #89. here's the link to the original incandescent part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0089
alternatively, there are a lot of LED alternatives: http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=%2389
macro's specialties is just one of many places that sell the parts. cometpinball.com, pinballlife.com and cointaker.com (in no particular order) are other great sites that offer a lot of options

see my answer to #2 above
btw, the "britebuttons" kits that pinball life sells supposedly do not leak light into the cabinet. if you were to light up your flipper buttons, this might be a good option to look into
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3760

some people like super bands, others prefer titan pinball's silicone rubber and others will only use original rubber. it's best to try out each (they don't cost that much all things considered) and use what you think works best

the tapered rubber block just to the left makes the shot a difficult one, however as others have suggested, take a look at the scoop itself. over time, it can become bent or loose and slightly shift, making the shot even more difficult.
a new snackbar scoop is relatively cheap if yours is beat up
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-10707

there are a few ways that you can light up the pop bumper areas. always one, registering a hit with the associated coil, lighting up when the opposite "lightning bolt" on the playfield lites up, etc...

pinbits.com sells a kit for accomplishing this one way
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_6&products_id=143&zenid=dd22ba56283edff957a808f18db3b465

alternatively, there is a lot of great information out "there" for lighting them up
"the korn" (vince) has a fantastic write-up here: http://www.thekorn.net/cftbl/

and here on pinside, there is a really long thread with a lot of good suggestions:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-pop-bumper-mod

http://www.kansaspinball.com/popbumpermods.htm

hope this helps you out, and welcome to the club!

#896 8 years ago

Finally in the club.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#897 8 years ago

any of you ever tried to dim the flashers on the creature feature (kiss lane & slide rail). I replaced them with green flashers but still are very bright. Any ideas?

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Finally in the club.

image_(resized).jpeg

Great Pins, I have both of them too.

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

any of you ever tried to dim the flashers on the creature feature (kiss lane & slide rail). I replaced them with green flashers but still are very bright. Any ideas?

Yeah they are just CRAZY bright. I'm looking for something else but have no idea really. No one seems to make a frosted dome. We need those MMR insert diffusers!

#900 8 years ago

They are supposed to be bright!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.