IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 114.
#801 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Beautiful machine, love the green. Just wonder how that will hold on the metal when balls meet those parts

Look at the DE batman with powder coated habit trails - they seem to hold up well. Time will tell on the other ball guides, but the customer gets what they want

#802 8 years ago

This was posted in the TPF thread by Pinball Star Amusements. It's in the Pinball Mirror Blades booth.

CFTBL_at_TPF_(resized).jpgCFTBL_at_TPF_(resized).jpg

#803 8 years ago

Wow, maybe the problem is the lighting or the camera lenses, but what a bunch of ugly f***ing metals....

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Beautiful machine, love the green. Just wonder how that will hold on the metal when balls meet those parts

It won't be a problem. Many machines have been powdered before this theses.

#805 8 years ago

Thanks to a generous pinsider....I've tracked down a Deluxe speaker panel. Now I need someone who can make the light kit......anyone??? I PM'ed Jeff Thompson, but no response so I have to assume he's out of the game??

Thanks in advance folks.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This was posted in the TPF thread by Pinball Star Amusements. It's in the Pinball Mirror Blades booth.

CFTBL_at_TPF_(resized).jpg

Not feeling that purple at all.

#807 8 years ago

Does anyone know who to contact about this pin?
Magicchiz

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, maybe the problem is the lighting or the camera lenses, but what a bunch of ugly f***ing metals....

The pink wireforms look awesome. They're hot pink. The side rails, lockdown bar and legs ... they're mud pink / purple and really don't look good imo.

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Quoted from Wescobar:

Not feeling that purple at all.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The pink wireforms look awesome. They're hot pink. The side rails, lockdown bar and legs ... they're mud pink / purple and really don't look good imo.

Whether you like the purple or not, I commend them (Pinball Side Mirrors) for the amazing job they did on this overall. It's the exact same color as the purple on the cab and head, but maybe it needs a contrasting third color instead? If anything, it could inspire someone to do something similar in a color they DO like. I wasn't at TPF in person, but the round platform this was sitting on is a turntable that slowly turned, and it was roped off with light-up posts. What a great way to display one of the best games ever produced!

At a time when GB, GoT, and all the boutiques are getting all the attention, I'm sure this opened a few eyes. Pinball Side Mirrors obviously has a passion for this game. Great job!

#810 8 years ago

Sparky,

Thanks for the kind words. Colors are just that, options kinda like buttholes everyone has one. Blue/Purple/Pink/Orange doesn't matter not everyone is going to like it. That's ok if we all loved the same thing we all would own a Fishtails with side mirrors. lol the game got a lot of compliments 3 possible buyers, that we ran off with the price tag. Yes, that was my intention just like the Taxie that won an award. The seller didn't want to sell it and it had a price tag on it that could only separate it from it's owner. This one was the same way. It made it back home barely. 1K stood between the sell. Allot of time and love went into the game. Trade offers where thrown around over and over. So, others loved it as well. Maybe not your cup of tea and nothing wrong with that. I have heard I would never put sideart in my games, and I have heard I would never put mirrors in my games. That's ok, you own the game. We had a blast and gave 1k away in prize money. Supported the TPF and the hobby we love and best of all, hung out with friends like Cointaker and others and even meet new ones. Win, win for everyone!

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Sparky,
Thanks for the kind words. Colors are just that, options kinda like buttholes everyone has one. Blue/Purple/Pink/Orange doesn't matter not everyone is going to like it. That's ok if we all loved the same thing we all would own a Fishtails with side mirrors. lol the game got a lot of compliments 3 possible buyers, that we ran off with the price tag. Yes, that was my intention just like the Taxie that won an award. The seller didn't want to sell it and it had a price tag on it that could only separate it from it's owner. This one was the same way. It made it back home barely. 1K stood between the sell. Allot of time and love went into the game. Trade offers where thrown around over and over. So, others loved it as well. Maybe not your cup of tea and nothing wrong with that. I have heard I would never put sideart in my games, and I have heard I would never put mirrors in my games. That's ok, you own the game. We had a blast and gave 1k away in prize money. Supported the TPF and the hobby we love and best of all, hung out with friends like Cointaker and others and even meet new ones. Win, win for everyone!

#812 8 years ago

What rom versions are people using?

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

What rom versions are people using?

was hoping for pps to actually do something with their so-called wpc 2.0, but that dream seems to have died on the vine.

a dream scenario for me would be for them to correct the bugs in the software as well as potentially change the dots to something like stern has (12 levels of grey scale), although its probably not do-able to do it and be able to support the older gas-plasma technology

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Whether you like the purple or not, I commend them (Pinball Side Mirrors) for the amazing job they did on this overall. It's the exact same color as the purple on the cab and head, but maybe it needs a contrasting third color instead? If anything, it could inspire someone to do something similar in a color they DO like. I wasn't at TPF in person, but the round platform this was sitting on is a turntable that slowly turned, and it was roped off with light-up posts. What a great way to display one of the best games ever produced!
At a time when GB, GoT, and all the boutiques are getting all the attention, I'm sure this opened a few eyes. Pinball Side Mirrors obviously has a passion for this game. Great job!

I do think it's bold and I commend them for putting it together. Just not my cup of tea. I do dig the pink habitrail though and I love pinball side mirrors and their product.

#815 8 years ago

Is 1.4 the same as L4?

#816 8 years ago

It would be awesome if someone took a few pics of the apron on Creech for me?

Thanks.

#817 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Is 1.4 the same as L4?

sorry, I meant L4

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

was hoping for pps to actually do something with their so-called wpc 2.0, but that dream seems to have died on the vine.
a dream scenario for me would be for them to correct the bugs in the software as well as potentially change the dots to something like stern has (12 levels of grey scale), although its probably not do-able to do it and be able to support the older gas-plasma technology

I doubt there will be any display updates given that ColorDMD already colorized it all and put out a nice upgrade for it.

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

It would be awesome if someone took a few pics of the apron on Creech for me?
Thanks.

That's an illuminated apron from Pinball Dreams

https://www.pinball-dreams.com/en/shop-en/illuminated-aprons/illuminated-apron-medieval-madness-1-detail.html

#820 8 years ago

He wants photos of CftBL's apron so he can make his magnetic apron 'decal', not shots of Pinball Dream's illuminated apron.

#821 8 years ago

I thought I was about to join the club, but the seller changed his mind because it was his favorite game and he couldn't let it go. So now I'm back to the drawing board. I'm looking for a restored game with a cleared playfield and the mike d mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#822 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#823 8 years ago

nice work on the apron

I always thought a cool inside view of the projector room could be cool maybe with the projectionist having some fun with a girl and film reals stacked up etc with the lens popping out onto blackness in the centre

#824 8 years ago

Apron looks great, but I would prefer a drive-in themed one.

#825 8 years ago

Fits perfectly with the backboard and my internal side arts!

#826 8 years ago

IMO it's too similar to the background decal that most people have at back of PF.

Swinks' idea sounds great to me.

#827 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO it's too similar to the background decal that most people have at back of PF.
Swinks' idea sounds great to me.

He did have some good ideas. The trick is to come up with something that blends in with the existing artwork without making things look to busy. I really like the drive in theme and we were trying to come up with something along those lines that would work with the speaker panel. I'll have some in game pics of it shortly.

#828 8 years ago

Do you mean speaker or playfield back panel? I can't think that many people will want to replace the speaker panel on CftBL ...

#829 8 years ago

Anyone have a scan of the center apron decal please PM me. Thanks!

#830 8 years ago

I am crap at sketching but my thought for a apron magnet / decal is say the entrance of the drive in with the entry and exit in the centre and on the rhs is say the ticket box and the side of the ticket box can be prices as well as rules.

on the lhs can be like a inside view of the projector room with the projector and window with posters on the wall and a table where the place card could be - showing girl and guy having some desk fun, or stacks of film reels or game rules spread out on the table.

excuse the crappy sketch, who ever makes one of these owes me one

CFTBL_apron_(resized).jpgCFTBL_apron_(resized).jpg

#831 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Do you mean speaker of playfield back panel? I can't think that many people will want to replace the speaker panel on CftBL ...

No, I wasn't meaning replacing the speaker panel. We originally wanted to theme our magnet around the art on the speaker panel.

#832 8 years ago

How much is a CFTBL Playfield Hologram? And where do you get them No hope for Mike d LCD MOD for awhile.

#833 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How much is a CFTBL Playfield Hologram? And where do you get them No hope for Mike d LCD MOD for awhile.

Less hope for a hologram, hence Mike D's creation of the LCD mod in the first place.

#834 8 years ago

Anyone selling a MikeD mod by any chance?

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Fits perfectly with the backboard and my internal side arts!

10a59962fa278136842edbd199c7d7b_(resized).jpg10a59962fa278136842edbd199c7d7b_(resized).jpg

65e92bd32ed6ef7335cac4c1b279deb_(resized).jpg65e92bd32ed6ef7335cac4c1b279deb_(resized).jpg

#836 8 years ago

well north of $1K the last time that I saw one available and it looks like the reproductions from pinball-dreams are all gone as well

#837 8 years ago

Wow...creech is at a premium! For trade: creech for HEP MM!

#838 8 years ago

There is one on ebay now, ending in a few days. Not mine, either... People have been listing a few after putting in the MikeD mod. I think the last one I saw on ebay was north of $400.

#839 8 years ago

Anyone know where to find a lamp socket for the bowl? Not the whole ring assembly of lights, just a single socket. I bought a Creature a few months back and I'm slowly fixing things here and there (first pin, still learning). Put some green bulbs in the bowl the other day and realized it only has 7 sockets instead of 8. Looks like it broke off since the (pins?) of the socket appear to still be soldered in and sticking out the underside. I'm not going to buy a new assembly for one socket, but I would like to fix it.

#840 8 years ago

Why would people pay that much? I'm sure Pinball Dreams will make more, and their last batch sold for €200 each if I recall correctly. $1000 is complete madness. Used ones typically go for £120-50 in the UK or €150-200 in EU depending on condition.

#841 8 years ago

the price that I quoted (over $1K) was for a brand new, still in the package, NOS original hologram

#842 8 years ago

Hello all CFTBL lovers!!! I have had my machine for 3 or so years and love it to death. I've got a couple of questions that I'm hoping somebody from this group would be able to help me with. Short of "dancing" with the machine how do I or what do I need to do to get more ball speed in the bowl to get more than 1 Creature letter at a time? I've seen the "shove" method while its in the bowl, but I was wondering if there was something machine wise I could do to get more speed and more spins around the bowl.

2nd - I'm having some intermittent issues with the ball going into the KISS shot and getting hung up and not rolling down the subway to the eject. I thought I had it fixed by replacing the two screws that had fallen out where the subway connects to the metal...made 5 or 6 KISS shots and it worked like a champ. Next time same deal, wouldn't roll down the subway. I'd REALLY like to avoid pulling the whole subway off, but if I have to, (It could probably use a good cleaning anyways)

3rd - Does anybody know where I can get on of these for my CFTBL. (See attached photo) I saw it last night in the Pinball Photos thread and I just love it.

I'd appreciate an PM's I get to help with these questions.

Thanks in advance for your time in reading this and helping a fellow out.

Jeff

CFTBL3fb698562c0f9eb4d4d950e3a142ca7f474fe9d4.jpeg_(resized).jpgCFTBL3fb698562c0f9eb4d4d950e3a142ca7f474fe9d4.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#844 8 years ago

Sonic's mod is the next best thing to replacing the switch altogether with a reed switch (which they no longer make, evidently). Search reed switch and you'll find info on it. Another thing I did to gain revolutions was to adjust the ball habitrail where it meets the bowl. The placement of the end of the wire form makes a big difference on how long the ball will spin around the bowl. Experiment with it and you'll find the best position. Even with all this you will still have to shake the machine to keep the ball rolling around the bowl as often as possible.

The lighted Creature is sold on eBay, but the price has gone up a lot recently.

#845 8 years ago

Funny ... This just reminded me that I purchased the parts for the mod some 5 years ago but never installed it. It's in the queue ... to be done ... some day.

#846 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The lighted Creature is sold on eBay, but the price has gone up a lot recently.

This figure is a burger king toy, logically modified with an inserted led!

#848 8 years ago

I think You,re referring on one of my cftbl pic.
I bought the creature @pinball decals. Highest mod prices on the market but 100% high quality

http://www.pinballdecals.com/CFTBL_CreatureFigureModPage.html

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Interesting
ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Hologram Mirror Motors And Board

is it just me or does that "hologram" look funny? I've never seen one where the creature appears to be just a bust (waist up only?!?)

#850 8 years ago

I think Creature is a beautiful machine, but what's the deal with the "Slide" objective? I always felt like they were just phoning in the rules on that one... Like they couldn't think of any other objectives so they just went it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.