IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 115.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from pitpit:

Hi,
Look next to Marty in "Back to the future III".
The action takes place in a drive in theater.
Does it remind you something ?

Capture_d’e?cran_2015-12-20_a?_22.56.21_(resized).png

It reminds me that Marty calls himself Clint Eastwood in BTTF3 and that Clint was in both Revenge of the Creature and Tarantula....

#702 8 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

It reminds me that Marty calls himself Clint Eastwood in BTTF3 and that Clint was in both Revenge of the Creature and Tarantula....

hehe... and what about that avatar of yours???

#703 8 years ago

Looking to the group for some help on where to find a replacement part.

The outlane posts that I have on my Creech are pretty banged up/bent (the adjustable outline posts without the rubber).

I can't seem to find these anywhere or locate a part number - does anybody know where to pick these up, or at least a comparable replacement?

#704 8 years ago

Quick question guys: How difficult is it to find a replacement translite? Repro or NOS.

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Pinball Spare Parts had them up to a little while ago, wouldn't be hard to re-create the decal, let me know if you need a hand

Cheers swinks.

I still have my old one. I'll take a photo and try and touch it up in Paint shop pro, I'll let you know if I need a hand.

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Quick question guys: How difficult is it to find a replacement translite? Repro or NOS.

Nearly impossible.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Cheers swinks.
I still have my old one. I'll take a photo and try and touch it up in Paint shop pro, I'll let you know if I need a hand.

Just realized im missing that decal also lol. If anyone hasxa extra id be interested in it .

#708 8 years ago

Can someone tell me the dimensions of this metal ball guide? Mine is missing on the the Creature I picked up, I'm going to have to make a replacement and would love the measurements. Thank you!

creature_(resized).jpgcreature_(resized).jpg

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

Looking to the group for some help on where to find a replacement part.
The outlane posts that I have on my Creech are pretty banged up/bent (the adjustable outline posts without the rubber).
I can't seem to find these anywhere or locate a part number - does anybody know where to pick these up, or at least a comparable replacement?

Should be one of these.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe... and what about that avatar of yours???

My wife! She doesn't even know I use this as an avatar....

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can someone tell me the dimensions of this metal ball guide? Mine is missing on the the Creature I picked up, I'm going to have to make a replacement and would love the measurements. Thank you!

Anyone? It would be much appreciated!

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone? It would be much appreciated!

I'll try looking into it today for you!

#714 8 years ago

I've got a repro NOS (acquired back in 2013) censored version (nude girl) of the CftBL translite that I can let go for US$ 300, shipped worlwide (I'm from Brazil, so shipping costs are higher than normal).

PS I: Can't post pics here but some can be seen at http://www.pinballowners.com/amendes. The pics are from my machine, the one I'm selling is stored in a tube, pets/smoke free!

PS II: Haven't listed at the ads yet, so if anyone interested, please PM me!

1 week later
#715 8 years ago

Does anyone have the PinSound board installed on a CftBL? I've just watched the wonders this sound board does to TZ, TAF, JM....., but could not find the Creature anywhere....

#716 8 years ago

The Creech says "Hi..."...

20160214_210650_(resized).jpg20160214_210650_(resized).jpg

20160214_210722_(resized).jpg20160214_210722_(resized).jpg

#717 8 years ago

My shrine....

20160218_183420_(resized).jpg20160218_183420_(resized).jpg

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The Creech says "Hi..."...

20160214_210650_(resized).jpg20160214_210722_(resized).jpg

Looks like more than Creech is saying hi!

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'll try looking into it today for you!

Someone pulled their's and PMed me the info, but thanks!

#720 8 years ago

I made some miniature snack bar food items and mounted them using some mini hold. I have a few sets available for $25 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#721 8 years ago

Set includes a hamburger and hotdog platter and 2 sodas.

#722 8 years ago

Hey guys, I know it's probably a long shot but I'm searching for the metal ball guide that goes up into slide as the one on my current Creech isn't in the best shape. I can't manage to find one anywhere online but if anyone knows where I can find a new or good second hand one I would really appreciate it.
I've attached a pic of the last Creech I built with the ball guide I need, it's the one on the right.

Cheers Joel

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have the PinSound board installed on a CftBL? I've just watched the wonders this sound board does to TZ, TAF, JM....., but could not find the Creature anywhere....

Yes. Currently working on changing the score but would love to hear what others have come up with.

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from Joely-Boy:

Hey guys, I know it's probably a long shot but I'm searching for the metal ball guide that goes up into slide as the one on my current Creech isn't in the best shape. I can't manage to find one anywhere online but if anyone knows where I can find a new or good second hand one I would really appreciate it.
I've attached a pic of the last Creech I built with the ball guide I need, it's the one on the right.
Cheers Joel

I thought you could sand them to bring them back to life. Remember someone here did it. Thought they used an abrasive polish and sanding with fine paper, like 2000-3000.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I thought you could sand them to bring them back to life. Remember someone here did it. Thought they used an abrasive polish and sanding with fine paper, like 2000-3000.

Combi wheel!

#726 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys but unfortunately the ball guide in question isn't just dirty, it has somehow been bent and the post that it's secured with through the playfield is broken off altogether..
The pic I attached was just to show the ball guide I was describing, it was from another Creech machine that I had.
Cheers Joel

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Joely-Boy:

Thanks for the feedback guys but unfortunately the ball guide in question isn't just dirty, it has somehow been bent and the post that it's secured with through the playfield is broken off altogether..
The pic I attached was just to show the ball guide I was describing, it was from another Creech machine that I had.
Cheers Joel

Maybe go to a metalworker? One of my ball guides broke, but I took it to a welder who fixed it for $20 bucks.

#728 8 years ago

I agree, take it to a metal shop. They should be able to bend it back and tig weld the post back on. It may not look pretty but it'll work.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I agree, take it to a metal shop. They should be able to bend it back and tig weld the post back on. It may not look pretty but it'll work.

That was going to be plan B if I couldn't find a replacement.
It's just bizarre that I've managed to locate nearly every other replacement ball guide on the machine except the one I actually need.. lol
If I still can't find one in the next few weeks I'll have to get mine repaired.
Thanks for the help anyway guys.
Cheers Joel

#730 8 years ago

I polished all my ball guides to a mirror finish using this guide from MikeD

It's a ton of work but the final result is spectacular.

#731 8 years ago

I just added this to the Pinsound thread but here it is just for info.

It's a WIP with some work today but so far the 50s music fits the game like a glove. Also adding some of the movie's fantastic score and upgrading some sound fx:

https://vimeo.com/157273836

Please let me know what you think. Cheers!

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It's a WIP with some work today but so far the 50s music fits the game like a glove. Also adding some of the movie's fantastic score and upgrading some sound fx:
» Vimeo video

Great job! would love to have that for myself! I recut all the VOs but haven't had time to sit down and really mix them together.

#733 8 years ago

Thanks wdpvideo!

I will upload it to the Pinsound community at some point, when it's closer to being 'done'

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video

Really cool, daddy-o!

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks wdpvideo!
I will upload it to the Pinsound community at some point, when it's closer to being 'done'

If you PM me I will send you some VOs to listen to and see if you want to use them. I can also cut any you need. If that helps! The VOs are not that great of a sound due to the way they cut them back then.

#736 8 years ago

That is just sick wdpvideo! Fits the genre excellently. Well done!

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

» Vimeo video

Fantastic job!! If you want any help with song selection in your work - please reach out. I'm a musicologist and do a syndicated radio show centered around the music of this era (1954-1955 when the Creech would've been at a drive-in) AND I own a drive-in theater of all things....

#738 8 years ago

Just got a CFTBL. Great machine, but I noticed the nocker is not wired. I found three wires from J107 - Two purple-yellow and one purple-black - My nocker has only red en black - How do I connect these?

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Just got a CFTBL. Great machine, but I noticed the nocker is not wired. I found three wires from J107 - Two purple-yellow and one purple-black - My nocker has only red en black - How do I connect these?

Check the manual. I think starting at page 3-5 is what you're looking for.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/588/Bally_1992_Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Full_Operations_Manual.pdf

#740 8 years ago

Got the Knocker working. Next I would like to do is add some lighting to the jets. I saw some tutorial on the net but was wondering if one already did this upgrade. If you put 12V flashers in the jets and connect them to the jet coils (I read 40V) what kind of resistor do I need in between? My calculation say a 1.5K Ohm (brown-green-red). The tutorial added a homemade heatsink. What do you think/build yourself? Love to hear that.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Got the Knocker working. Next I would like to do is add some lighting to the jets. I saw some tutorial on the net but was wondering if one already did this upgrade. If you put 12V flashers in the jets and connect them to the jet coils (I read 40V) what kind of resistor do I need in between? My calculation say a 1.5K Ohm (brown-green-red). The tutorial added a homemade heatsink. What do you think/build yourself? Love to hear that.

I used the BriteCaps Evo with teal caps available here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

I wired each cap into the opposing orange lightning bolt so they would light up in attract mode or any other modes where the bolts are active. The Evo caps can be set to flash when the pops fire giving a nice effect and the intensity of the light is adjustable. They really light up a typically dark part of the game and I think the caps fit nicely given the bubbles in the PF art. Install is relatively easy except for the fact that you have to remove the ramps. It's worth it to take the time to clean up the PF and replace the rubber while you're in there. You can also replace the orange star posts with teal if that's your style. You'll probably have some mylar in there too that can be replaced if it's looking a little beat. You can remove it using the freeze spray method pretty easily. If you don't have mylar there, consider adding a sheet.

NooG6HG_(resized).jpgNooG6HG_(resized).jpg

8Z3YRit_(resized).jpg8Z3YRit_(resized).jpg

#742 8 years ago

How about a few new Creature backglasses??

cree_sm_(resized).jpgcree_sm_(resized).jpg

pinball_backglass_test_2A_72_(resized).jpgpinball_backglass_test_2A_72_(resized).jpg

IMG_3568_(resized).JPGIMG_3568_(resized).JPG

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

I used the BriteCaps Evo with teal caps available here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624
I wired each cap into the opposing orange lightning bolt so they would light up in attract mode or any other modes where the bolts are active. The Evo caps can be set to flash when the pops fire giving a nice effect and the intensity of the light is adjustable. They really light up a typically dark part of the game and I think the caps fit nicely given the bubbles in the PF art. Install is relatively easy except for the fact that you have to remove the ramps. It's worth it to take the time to clean up the PF and replace the rubber while you're in there. You can also replace the orange star posts with teal if that's your style. You'll probably have some mylar in there too that can be replaced if it's looking a little beat. You can remove it using the freeze spray method pretty easily. If you don't have mylar there, consider adding a sheet.

NooG6HG_(resized).jpg8Z3YRit_(resized).jpg

Wescobar - Man that looks great. Did you use the cool white BriteCaps Evo? I'd also like to know what color leds you used in a few spots. Did you use purples under the slings and under the ramp near the snackbar?

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How about a few new Creature backglasses??

cree_sm_(resized).jpgpinball_backglass_test_2A_72_(resized).jpgIMG_3568_(resized).JPG

Cool! Are you selling?

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wescobar - Man that looks great. Did you use the cool white BriteCaps Evo? I'd also like to know what color leds you used in a few spots. Did you use purples under the slings and under the ramp near the snackbar?

Thanks! I've put more time into my Creech than the rest of machines put together so it means a lot to hear that people like it.

I think I did go with cool white in evo caps because I wanted the water to really pop. It's a great part of the playfield that doesn't get enough attention.

That picture is actually a bit outdated. I've attached a more recent shot. I did have purple under the slings but I removed them in favor of a warm white. The purple wasn't working for me. I do have purple under the orange P-A-I-D ball guides that I'm really happy with.

I went with orange under the snackbar ramp because I wanted it to look like the heat lamps that kept food warm at old drive-ins. You can see it in the first pic on post #720 keeping the popcorn and hamburger warm.

The spotlights are a light purple in that pic but now I use 4 SMD pink bulbs from comet in the spotlights which really give off a good cast IMO. Unlike most pink leds they are actually more pink than purple.

I've got a green strip from comet in the drain hole which gives a nice effect to the creech hand.

The back left area uses comet leds that were advertised as teal but lean a little more green, especially in pictures. Still not in love with that area but I'm not changing it anytime soon.

Pink comet flashers in the back left and right are really nice and a bit muted in color which matches the rest of the machine well. Highly recommended.

I use these 2SMD superflex in the blue snackbar target inserts. I think they're a big improvement over regular bubls or single smd flex: http://www.cometpinball.com/2-SMD-FLEX-Non-Ghosting-p/2smdflexng.htm

In the car I've got these really cool prewired 3mm leds from lighthouse led. 1 in each headlight, a pink in the floorboard of the front seat that lights when kiss is completed, and a green in the backseat floorboard that triggers when you find the creature. Putting that together was a pain in the ass. http://lighthouseleds.com/pre-wired-leds-1/6-volt-v-pre-wired-leds.html

I think that's about every noteworthy light I have in the game

IMG_2144_(resized).JPGIMG_2144_(resized).JPG

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Cool! Are you selling?

Very soon. Still doing a few tests.
I didn't know there were letter specific lights...

Did you want the one in the photo, or would you want to put a pic of YOU in there. Bottom right, top and bottom pix can be altered...

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Thanks! I've put more time into my Creech than the rest of machines put together so it means a lot to hear that people like it.
I think I did go with cool white in evo caps because I wanted the water to really pop. It's a great part of the playfield that doesn't get enough attention.
That picture is actually a bit outdated. I've attached a more recent shot. I did have purple under the slings but I removed them in favor of a warm white. The purple wasn't working for me. I do have purple under the orange P-A-I-D ball guides that I'm really happy with.
I went with orange under the snackbar ramp because I wanted it to look like the heat lamps that kept food warm at old drive-ins. You can see it in the first pic on post #720 keeping the popcorn and hamburger warm.
The spotlights are a light purple in that pic but now I use 4 SMD pink bulbs from comet in the spotlights which really give off a good cast IMO. Unlike most pink leds they are actually more pink than purple.
I've got a green strip from comet in the drain hole which gives a nice effect to the creech hand.
The back left area uses comet leds that were advertised as teal but lean a little more green, especially in pictures. Still not in love with that area but I'm not changing it anytime soon.
Pink comet flashers in the back left and right are really nice and a bit muted in color which matches the rest of the machine well. Highly recommended.
I use these 2SMD superflex in the blue snackbar target inserts. I think they're a big improvement over regular bubls or single smd flex: http://www.cometpinball.com/2-SMD-FLEX-Non-Ghosting-p/2smdflexng.htm
In the car I've got these really cool prewired 3mm leds from lighthouse led. 1 in each headlight, a pink in the floorboard of the front seat that lights when kiss is completed, and a green in the backseat floorboard that triggers when you find the creature. Putting that together was a pain in the ass. http://lighthouseleds.com/pre-wired-leds-1/6-volt-v-pre-wired-leds.html
I think that's about every noteworthy light I have in the game

IMG_2144_(resized).JPG

Great game! Looks amazing. I see you added a lot leds in the playfield, wondering if you use a OCD board or just as is. In the GI that is fine but how about the flickering in the playfield? For sure I am going to add some color to my machine, which is now completely original...

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Great game! Looks amazing. I see you added a lot leds in the playfield, wondering if you use a OCD board or just as is. In the GI that is fine but how about the flickering in the playfield? For sure I am going to add some color to my machine, which is now completely original...

The GI flickers during the start of multiball but other than that it's fine. Playfield inserts don't flicker noticeably unless you shoot a slow motion video. The backbox makes use of a lot of fade effects so I keep 90% incandescents there (it looks better too) The OCD boards aren't an option IMO because they apparently cause the ramp lights to stay on permanently

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Very soon. Still doing a few tests.
I didn't know there were letter specific lights...
Did you want the one in the photo, or would you want to put a pic of YOU in there. Bottom right, top and bottom pix can be altered...

Nah, I like the vintage poster look!

20160218_183420_(resized).jpg20160218_183420_(resized).jpg

#750 8 years ago

I was just playing my Creature and I wondered if there was an adjustment anywhere to get video mode lit with fewer ramp shots. Am I missing something or is it fixed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.