IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 114.
#651 8 years ago

looks fantastic jady! great job

#652 8 years ago

b2bc2d1d8eeaa8ce185dde71fae8ce30_(resized).jpgb2bc2d1d8eeaa8ce185dde71fae8ce30_(resized).jpg

tumblr_lv45h1oemb1qc1sduo1_500_(resized).jpgtumblr_lv45h1oemb1qc1sduo1_500_(resized).jpg

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

But after that it goes silent and does no attract mode sound as far as I can tell. Kinda weird.

Mine goes into attract mode every 20 mins or so..

Quoted from bigd1979:

Interesting ive left mine sit for a hr while I was shopping it and it did it a few times, scared the shit out of me each time lol

#654 8 years ago

Ok, it did go into attract mode with sound about a couple minutes after a game ended. Super cool!

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I'm sure everyone knows but PL now has these. I just got mine last week. They're usually pretty beat up although mine isn't the worst I've seen.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3901

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice! I was thinking I need to replace mine, but didn't know where to get one... Thanks dude!

#656 8 years ago

Thanks to Bryan Kelly in all honesty. I saw his recent resto done (Amazing btw!) on here for another Pinsider. Really nice piece.

1 week later
#657 8 years ago

I just finished my Side Rail Mod for CFTBL....see post here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-side-rail-mod#post-2885261

#658 8 years ago

Is there any alternative backboard decals instead of the original replacements?

#659 8 years ago

Also anyone know y some creechs have metal play field side rails and some have wood ? Were the metal early productions?

#660 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I could buy the speaker for the inlane in this picture? If I can't buy it, does anyone have a clue where I could find the file to 3D print something like this?

Creech_speaker_(resized).jpgCreech_speaker_(resized).jpg

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from gothsurferdude:

Does anyone know where I could buy the speaker for the inlane in this picture? If I can't buy it, does anyone have a clue where I could find the file to 3D print something like this?

Creech_speaker_(resized).jpg

Swinks has it on ponoko

#662 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also anyone know y some creechs have metal play field side rails and some have wood ? Were the metal early productions?

I think that was the case. When I was looking for one I came across one with the metal rails and it was a early production year.

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Swinks has it on ponoko

Any idea what he goes by on there or what it's called? I searched by developer but didn't come up with anything. Thanks!

Edit: NM, http://www.shapeways.com/designer/swinks?li=pb&s=0#more-products for those looking.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from gothsurferdude:

Any idea what he goes by on there or what it's called? I searched by developer but didn't come up with anything. Thanks!
Edit: NM, http://www.shapeways.com/designer/swinks?li=pb&s=0#more-products for those looking.

Just contact him here on pinside. He is on every day and if you wait long enough you will see something from him. But just PM swinks on pinside and he will get back to you.

#666 8 years ago

hey gothsurferdude

thanks to the others for chiming in, much appreciated

I have my files set up at shapeways so the US guys save on freight as to ship those items to me is $15 USD and then back to you is $16.50 AUD so too much. Shapeways is in New York so you can order direct and only pay $5 USD shipping for a few items. I have a metal one but got a metal plastic for a mate - both look great but the metal plastic looked sweet and great value for money I think.

here are all my CFTBL mods at Shapeways
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

Snackbar Mod v2.0 here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20

Movie Poster Mod here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-movie-poster-mod

everything swinks
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinks&sort=newest

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think that was the case. When I was looking for one I came across one with the metal rails and it was a early production year.

that and I thought some one stated if a playfield needed a little more straightening ?????

1 week later
#668 8 years ago

This is a bit of shameless plug but if anyone has an LCD mod for sale, money is waiting for it right here.

Cheers.

#669 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

This is a bit of shameless plug but if anyone has an LCD mod for sale, money is waiting for it right here.
Cheers.

mike is going to be running the LCD mod again at some point. probably after he is done with moving house or in the spring of this year

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mike is going to be running the LCD mod again at some point. probably after he is done with moving house or in the spring of this year

Thanks for that - I really hope so!!!

Cheers.

#671 8 years ago

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays when the game is over?

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays when the game is over?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/9#post-2259586

#673 8 years ago

Looks like I have a lamp matrix issue with creature - the "I" in Kiss, the "I" in Film, the "Search" and the "Playground" insert are all out. Any idea which fuse these are linked to or how I could potentially fix it.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Looks like I have a lamp matrix issue with creature - the "I" in Kiss, the "I" in Film, the "Search" and the "Playground" insert are all out. Any idea which fuse these are linked to or how I could potentially fix it.

Not a fuse problem.

Go into lamp test mode and test all of the switches in row 2 (12, 22, 32, 42, 52, 62, 72, 82). Hopefully, at least one of those works. If so, that confirms that there is not an on-board problem with the lamp matrix.

If at least one lamp in row 2 works, the problem is that a wire has come disconnected somewhere on the playfield. In your case, it's going to be a red-black wire, and it runs to each of the lamps on this row. Lift the playfield and examine each lamp on row 2. The're all connected to the same wire, so each lamp except the last one will have two red-black wires attached to one lug, and those wires must be connected to each other.

You're almost certainly going to find that one of the red-black wires has detached, and you'll simply need to solder it back onto the lug where it belongs.

cftbl-lamp-matrix_(resized).pngcftbl-lamp-matrix_(resized).png

#675 8 years ago

I love learning this stuff.....when it's not my game . Keep us posted!

#676 8 years ago

Totally forgot about that.... I was compiling a playlist with all the music of the pins I have and bumped into that doubt once again....

#677 8 years ago

Being a new member of this club (had the machine a couple of years) I have a couple of questions:
#1 Are the legs supposed to be black or silver? Mine are black
#2 Of the hologram mods out there, is it pretty unanimous that Mike D has the best one?
Thanks in advance

#678 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Not a fuse problem.
Go into lamp test mode and test all of the switches in row 2 (12, 22, 32, 42, 52, 62, 72, 82). Hopefully, at least one of those works. If so, that confirms that there is not an on-board problem with the lamp matrix.
If at least one lamp in row 2 works, the problem is that a wire has come disconnected somewhere on the playfield. In your case, it's going to be a red-black wire, and it runs to each of the lamps on this row. Lift the playfield and examine each lamp on row 2. The're all connected to the same wire, so each lamp except the last one will have two red-black wires attached to one lug, and those wires must be connected to each other.
You're almost certainly going to find that one of the red-black wires has detached, and you'll simply need to solder it back onto the lug where it belongs.

cftbl-lamp-matrix_(resized).png

Thanks for this!!! I usually rely on friends who are much better at repairing and diagnosing issues when it comes to repairing my games, but I have to "buck up" and learn this stuff myself. I will take a look tonight and report back my findings. Thanks so much!

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Black.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

#2 Of the hologram mods out there, is it pretty unanimous that Mike D has the best one?
Thanks in advance

There aren't really many options. Either original hologram, repro hologram (not good, I understand), or Mike D's. A lot of people like Mike D's, although I'm a bit of a purist.

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Being a new member of this club (had the machine a couple of years) I have a couple of questions:
Thanks in advance

My legs are chrome. And yes the Mike D Hologram mod is the best I have seen.

#681 8 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

according to the flyer (and the original bill of material specs), the legs are "supposed be" black w/ silver vein (which can be purchased from pinball life and marco's)

qty part no. part description / used on games
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(4) C-10843-1 bally metl leg assy CftBL

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19514-3
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1164

however, most (if not all) of the machines actually shipped with chrome legs

#682 8 years ago

Black legs here

#683 8 years ago

Some can always customize

20160119_145349_(resized).jpg20160119_145349_(resized).jpg

#684 8 years ago

I have had mine since new. It has black legs.

#685 8 years ago

for a holo replacement my first mod ever 4.5 years ago was a collectors creech green transparent figure backlit suspended with fishing line so it can move slightly with a green 9 bulb led - all up less than $50. Still love it.

index_(resized).jpgindex_(resized).jpg

index-1_(resized).jpgindex-1_(resized).jpg

#686 8 years ago

Very nice Swinks.... I have a similar solution and looks great.... I'll posr some pics later!

#687 8 years ago

That's cool Swinks!!! Any idea where you got that figure from??

Cheers.

#689 8 years ago

Exactly - glad I have one in the box for spare purposes... The outcome of this MOD is beautiful! Now that's truly 3D!!!!

#690 8 years ago

Thanks Swinks, so is the green guy just dangling by a piece of string, any chance of a small video?

With the LCD mod out of action and the repro hologram being expensive, an alternative would be nice.

#691 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks Swinks, so is the green guy just dangling by a piece of string, any chance of a small video?
With the LCD mod out of action and the repro hologram being expensive, an alternative would be nice.

I rigged the creech up with clear fishing line and is real effective.

alternatively I found this gadget which would allow you to do a lcd holo but require a little effort of grabbing some video and / or creating some gif files or text over video (created in a home video program - iMovie on a mac)

http://www.frightprops.com/video-visual-effects/digital-video-players/triggerable-digital-video-player-hd.html

as you could rig up switch triggers to your FILM down near the flippers and then have a water / pond movie looping

#692 8 years ago

Hi all.
I have now added the Swinks Snackbar Mod Version 2.0 & Pink Caddy Plunger Plate to my machine & very happy with the look!
Here are some pics

FullSizeRender[3]_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender[3]_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender[1]_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender[1]_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender[2]_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender[2]_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender[4]_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender[4]_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

#693 8 years ago

Hi im a new member but not new to pinball.
Here is my most recent project. Just pending the mike d mod, when i can get one!! The 1990,s called and ask for there bling back.

20160123_141413_(resized).jpg20160123_141413_(resized).jpg

#694 8 years ago

"Geeh... I don't know....."

Maybe you should have used another shade of green?

#695 8 years ago

The green looks good on the habitrails....are there two holes in the lockdown bar?

#696 8 years ago

Hi,

Look next to Marty in "Back to the future III".
The action takes place in a drive in theater.
Does it remind you something ?

Capture_d’e?cran_2015-12-20_a?_22.56.21_(resized).pngCapture_d’e?cran_2015-12-20_a?_22.56.21_(resized).png

#697 8 years ago

Colordmd that baby stat

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from mickftbl:

Hi im a new member but not new to pinball.
Here is my most recent project. Just pending the mike d mod, when i can get one!! The 1990,s called and ask for there bling back.

20160123_141413_(resized).jpg

This is a unique looking game that I believe will be in your collection for a long time to come...

#699 8 years ago

Was just wondering if someone has a scan of the green 'co-starring' sticker that goes on the front of the bowl. Just got a new bowl for my Creech and the old sticker is a bit worn out to transfer over.

Cheers, Kris

#700 8 years ago

Pinball Spare Parts had them up to a little while ago, wouldn't be hard to re-create the decal, let me know if you need a hand

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 24.00
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.