IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 114.
#601 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Got mine mostly finished up still waiting on a led order to change out some also need to install the topper still.. it has lots of nice upgrades ..Is anyone have the newest file for the mike d mod? Im missing the video mode . The guy I bought itt from paid for it but never upgraded to newest software . 20151123_133959.jpg 20151123_133950.jpg

Beautiful pics! Congrats! Now you need green leds on the swirl ramp!

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful pics! Congrats! Now you need green leds on the swirl ramp!

Thax .. everything is on order

#603 8 years ago

The Creech came to play some pinball

20151125_154522.jpg20151125_154522.jpg

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

20151125_154522.jpg

Awesome, dude!

#605 8 years ago

Really wish there was a good repro hologram :/

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

20151125_154522.jpg

This is the second one of these I've seen--where do they come from (other than the swamp)?

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

20151125_154522.jpg

What's the "Spooky House" artwork above the Creech?

#608 8 years ago

Anyone have trouble with direct hits to the snack bar being rejected? I think it's from the deflector loosening up over time. Anyone tried replacing the deflector with the pinbits replacement?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_6&products_id=400

#609 8 years ago

Its just a tight tough shot. You have a cliffy? I tried the new scoop no difference I cld tell

#610 8 years ago

Luv my CREECH! someone JUST beat me out on a speaker panel MOD! Damn!

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Creature7:

I have a second translite I had Ricou sign. Everybody who love CFTBL knows there were two original people who played the Creature in the original movie. Ben on land and Ricou in the water. Ben has past on, but Ricou is alive and well living in Florida. I met him at the Spooky Empire convention.
CFTBL_-_Rico.jpg

CFTBL_ricou.jpg

Awesome!!! I'm a huge horror fan (I even have the side art from CFTBL tattooed on my arm), so I was super-stoked to meet Ricou and Julia/Julie at this year's Mad Monster Phoenix. Both signed my translite and a CFTBL poster. Very nice people!

Ricou Browning.jpgRicou Browning.jpg

Julia Adams.jpgJulia Adams.jpg

CFTBL signed translite.jpgCFTBL signed translite.jpg

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone have trouble with direct hits to the snack bar being rejected? I think it's from the deflector loosening up over time. Anyone tried replacing the deflector with the pinbits replacement?
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_6&products_id=400

I've never had one shot pop out ever, so there must be something going on. No Cliffy on mine.

#613 8 years ago

I get a few bc of the cliffy .

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Awesome!!! I'm a huge horror fan (I even have the side art from CFTBL tattooed on my arm), so I was super-stoked to meet Ricou and Julia/Julie at this year's Mad Monster Phoenix. Both signed my translite and a CFTBL poster. Very nice people!
Ricou Browning.jpg
Julia Adams.jpg
CFTBL signed translite.jpg

Nice! I'm also a huge fan of the movie..... Now you show us your tattoo, heh?

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice! I'm also a huge fan of the movie..... Now you show us your tattoo, heh?

Sure thing, man! My whole right arm is a sleeve of classic Universal Monsters. I've got Frankenstein's monster, the bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Here's the Creature:
Creature tatt.jpgCreature tatt.jpg

Here's one side of the sleeve:
monstersleeve1.jpgmonstersleeve1.jpg

Here's the other:
monstersleeve2.jpgmonstersleeve2.jpg

#616 8 years ago

good time to buy if you want any whomobiles - 20% off and free shipping

20% off all parts and free shipping

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

screen-capture-7.pngscreen-capture-7.png

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

One of the reasons I love Creature so much is because it's entirely possible to score a billion points in just a couple minutes with only like... 12 shots?

Quoted from swinks:

could you list the 12 shots or even better a video as would love to know how to do that.

lol. I thought someone might challenge me on this. The emphasis is on the word possible, because you would need some (ridiculously) lucky bounces. In other words, I probably won't be posting a video!

0. Plunge the KISS skillshot to light F. F___
1. Shoot the slide to light M. F__M.
2. Shoot the snackbar targets and get a couple lucky side to side bounces to hit all four. (Hey, it can happen!). That lights I. FI_M.
3. Shoot the 'Move Your Car' lane up to the bumpers. Get some lucky bounces from the bumpers and change the lanes to spell PAID. That lights L. FILM.
4. Shoot the KISS lane to start multiball! We just started multiball in 4 shots!
5. Plunge the second ball and let the fun begin. Shoot the left ramp to start cranking the multiplier. In theory, on some machines it'd be possible to nudge the ball around and around the bowl to get the multiplier all the way to 4x with only a single shot. Ah, what the hell, let's say we do that.
6. Shoot one of the 'Search' lights and hope you get lucky and find the girl on the first try. 5 million x 4 = 20 million
7. Shoot the snackbar to rescue the girl. 10 million x 4 = 40 million
8. Shoot the snackbar for jackpot. 40+ million x 4 = 160+ million
9. Shoot the 'Move Your Car' lane to get to the bumpers. We're making more crazy assumptions that the ball bounces around the bumpers like crazy to get 25 bumpers in just one shot. Super jackpot is now lit! (Best sound effect ever!)
10. Shoot the snackbar for SUPER JACKPOT! 80+ million x 4 = 320+ million

At this point, we've got at least 540 million. Multiball basically restarts with everything double, so you could repeat steps 6-12 for at least a billion, technically again and again for 2 billion, 4 billion, 8 billion!

If I want to back my claim that you could technically get to a billion in 12 or even 10 shots, the best bet would probably be to assume an insane amount of bumper action that boosts the jackpot up and up and up.

Oh, and I guess I now realize that if we're making stupid assumptions, it'd technically be possible to plunge the ball through the PAID lanes into the bumpers and have the ball bounce around in the bumpers for hours on end to get all the way to a billion points without ever flipping a flipper. The method above is probably easier. I'll shut up now.

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from mot:

lol. I thought someone might challenge me on this. The emphasis is on the word possible, because you would need some (ridiculously) lucky bounces. In other words, I probably won't be posting a video!
0. Plunge the KISS skillshot to light F. F___
1. Shoot the slide to light M. F__M.
2. Shoot the snackbar targets and get a couple lucky side to side bounces to hit all four. (Hey, it can happen!). That lights I. FI_M.
3. Shoot the 'Move Your Car' lane up to the bumpers. Get some lucky bounces from the bumpers and change the lanes to spell PAID. That lights L. FILM.
4. Shoot the KISS lane to start multiball! We just started multiball in 4 shots!
5. Plunge the second ball and let the fun begin. Shoot the left ramp to start cranking the multiplier. In theory, on some machines it'd be possible to nudge the ball around and around the bowl to get the multiplier all the way to 4x with only a single shot. Ah, what the hell, let's say we do that.
6. Shoot one of the 'Search' lights and hope you get lucky and find the girl on the first try. 5 million x 4 = 20 million
7. Shoot the snackbar to rescue the girl. 10 million x 4 = 40 million
8. Shoot the snackbar for jackpot. 40+ million x 4 = 160+ million
9. Shoot the 'Move Your Car' lane to get to the bumpers. We're making more crazy assumptions that the ball bounces around the bumpers like crazy to get 25 bumpers in just one shot. Super jackpot is now lit! (Best sound effect ever!)
10. Shoot the snackbar for SUPER JACKPOT! 80+ million x 4 = 320+ million
At this point, we've got at least 540 million. Multiball basically restarts with everything double, so you could repeat steps 6-12 for at least a billion, technically again and again for 2 billion, 4 billion, 8 billion!
If I want to back my claim that you could technically get to a billion in 12 or even 10 shots, the best bet would probably be to assume an insane amount of bumper action that boosts the jackpot up and up and up.
Oh, and I guess I now realize that if we're making stupid assumptions, it'd technically be possible to plunge the ball through the PAID lanes into the bumpers and have the ball bounce around in the bumpers for hours on end to get all the way to a billion points without ever flipping a flipper. The method above is probably easier. I'll shut up now.

That's absolutely so f*** easy if you master the "glass-off / ten-finger pressing targets while simultaneously shooting manually the ball through the ramps" technique!

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Hooked up the Polk sub today on Creech. Had no clue how awesome the sounds would come through. When the car sound comes on or blowing up stuff on the Move Your Car mode. Wow!! Simply amazing.

Thanks for this tip, I found a Bic for cheap and got it--the sub makes a big difference!

2 weeks later
#620 8 years ago

Got to play Creech tonight for the first time since '92! Had a blast playing it. Machine was in great condition. No super jackpots here, but I did manage to get a couple regular jackpots. Move your car, K-I-S-S, and the Snackbar are all great fun!

The pin I was playing on had only one minor issue. The F and M in F-I-L-M by the flippers were intermittent. I took a look under the PF and cleaned off the connecters with Isopropyl on the bulb lock and on the PCB. The F and M came on, but when in test mode they would stay on for a bit and then go off then back on, same when playing a game. No discernible pattern that I could make out.

I would like to fix this issue for the pin owner. Thought I'd post here first to see if this is something common that occurs and see if someone could save me some time scanning through the manual.

#621 8 years ago

re-flow the solder on the circuit board at the point where the plug plugs into the board, might have some minor solder cracking and subject to temperature etc

by the way congrats and enjoy

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

re-flow the solder on the circuit board at the point where the plug plugs into the board, might have some minor solder cracking and subject to temperature etc
by the way congrats and enjoy

What Swinks said ... but before you whip out the soldering iron note that the bulb socket itself can be an issue. You can clean and adjust the spring tension of the contacts a bit ... or swap out out with another known good to see if the problem follows the socket.

#623 8 years ago

yes agree with pinster68 - swap out F & M with I & L and if the problem transfers to I & L then the problem is with the sockets if the problems remains with the F & M then probably a cracked solder joint. I had a similar issue with 2 sockets in the PAID board at the top of the playfield and just reflowed with a little extra new solder and solved.

#624 8 years ago

I replaced the bulb socket for the M with another one while I was there. The problem went away for a little while and then came back. I was leaning towards it being a bad solder point, but didn't have time to really investigate. I wanted to play! Ha!

I'll give it another look and post the solution if I find it. Thanks!

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I replaced the bulb socket for the M with another one while I was there. The problem went away for a little while and then came back. I was leaning towards it being a bad solder point, but didn't have time to really investigate. I wanted to play! Ha!
I'll give it another look and post the solution if I find it. Thanks!

If the problem comes back it's probably the solder joints as Swinks pointed out. I've had the same problem with other pins and it's literally 5 minutes with an iron. Disconnect the wiring harness, remove the two or three standoff screws holding the PCB to the play field, bring it to a bench and reflow the header pins. Reinstall and enjoy.

#626 8 years ago

I'm in. I picked up this CFTBL on Saturday. I'm loving it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looking good!

#628 8 years ago

I set attract sound to on but I do t hear anything...am I missing something?

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I never have either. I don't think it works unless it's the attract sounds when you hit the flipper button "Hey! Let me out!" OR the attract sounds after your game is over and you get the " 2 minutes..." count down, etc.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I never have either. I don't think it works unless it's the attract sounds when you hit the flipper button "Hey! Let me out!" OR the attract sounds after your game is over and you get the " 2 minutes..." count down, etc.

thats all I get attract sounds for 2minutes after a game

#631 8 years ago

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

......with the LCD Mike D Mod?!! Cmon! Where the heck did you find that one? I've been looking for one with the mods for a while and no luck.
Congrats to you! If anybody know somebody that a
Has a nice one they want to sell, let me know. Thanks.

#632 8 years ago

Read this now I'm inspired to get back to tearing down mine finaly. Been buying restore parts, ramps and some plastics over the past year and have already installed the video mod.
Even lucked out and bought a new pf from a friend last year for $800. I think it's one of the gene pfs when he was still doing them. Also have the full nude translight. (For no kid play nights of Corse)

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

......with the LCD Mike D Mod?!! Cmon! Where the heck did you find that one? I've been looking for one with the mods for a while and no luck.
Congrats to you! If anybody know somebody that a
Has a nice one they want to sell, let me know. Thanks.

I kind of lucked in to it honestly. I was trading for a haunted house project and he also had this. I just sold my white water and wanted to buy something nice to replace it and I figured since I loved this game why not. The LCD mod is so cool now I just need to talk myself in to letting go of the cash for a color DMD

#634 8 years ago

I kind of lucked in to it honestly. I was trading for a haunted house project and he also had this. I just sold my White Water and wanted to buy something nice to replace it and I figured since I loved this game why not. The LCD mod is so cool now I just need to talk myself in to letting go of the cash for a color DMD

I am so jealous. Have fun you lucky bastard!

#635 8 years ago

I kind of lucked in to it honestly. I was trading for a haunted house project and he also had this. I just sold my White Water and wanted to buy something nice to replace it and I figured since I loved this game why not. The LCD mod is so cool now I just need to talk myself in to letting go of the cash for a color DMD

Awesome man I picked one up few months ago and luckily he had the mike d mode to buy also. I took the pin and mike d mod , topper and few other things for more money . I also bought a color dmd which looks nice on this title. Cool pin thats hard to get super jackpot

#636 8 years ago

Yeah, but when you do luck out and finally get that Super Jackpot it is a thrill!

#637 8 years ago

I noticed the Haunted House in the picture! Nice score there too!

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

On mine it will be sitting there for a long time could be 15 mins or it could be an hour and out of no where it goes into attract mode. Some times it will be nice and quiet in the basement and it will scare the crap out of me while I am not expecting it.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

On mine it will be sitting there for a long time could be 15 mins or it could be an hour and out of no where it goes into attract mode. Some times it will be nice and quiet in the basement and it will scare the crap out of me while I am not expecting it.

I don't think I have ever just left my games on for an hour while not playing them.

#640 8 years ago

I'm sure everyone knows but PL now has these. I just got mine last week. They're usually pretty beat up although mine isn't the worst I've seen.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3901

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I'm sure everyone knows but PL now has these. I just got mine last week. They're usually pretty beat up although mine isn't the worst I've seen.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3901

Finally getting to that restore /shopout bud? Thax for the link bud . I think mine is still pretty nice

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Finally getting to that restore /shopout bud? Thax for the link bud . I think mine is still pretty nice

Coincidentally I was so pissed with the bad state of mine that I just tore it to pieces last weekend....

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I was just wondering about this last night when working on mine. I can hear it really faintly on mine, I thought there was some probably going on, but it seems it doesn't have a regular running attract sound beyond after you play a game or if you hit a button. Lame. I like a game that calls to you from across the room every once in a while.

#644 8 years ago

great work from pinball life getting those light baffles done. I mentioned this to james loflin [previously of pinballinc.com] quite a while back (and apparently it's still on their "short list" of things to re-run)

#645 8 years ago

I saw a video where the attract mode said "Bally & Universal present The Creature...." at the same time it was displayed on the DMD. Wish I could find it again to post, but was pretty cool. Anyone heard or seen that?

#646 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's what mine does. I think you have turn on the attract sound to get it.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I saw a video where the attract mode said "Bally & Universal present The Creature...." at the same time it was displayed on the DMD. Wish I could find it again to post, but was pretty cool. Anyone heard or seen that?

Yes as I said before my game does this and other things in attract mode but I leave my game on for hours at a time. If you don't leave it on that long you may never see any of this.

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It does this right after you play it. It does a 2 minute, then 1 minute countdown to "Our Feature" and then does that announcement, kinda like it's a movie. But after that it goes silent and does no attract mode sound as far as I can tell. Kinda weird.

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It does this right after you play it. It does a 2 minute, then 1 minute countdown to "Our Feature" and then does that announcement, kinda like it's a movie. But after that it goes silent and does no attract mode sound as far as I can tell. Kinda weird.

Interesting ive left mine sit for a hr while I was shopping it and it did it a few times, scared the shit out of me each time lol

#650 8 years ago

just to let anyone that is interested in the snackbar mod v2.0 that I have just finished the first proto batch of new snackbar mods that runs on GI - no inverter , no el wire so no more power drain on 12vdc

find info here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20/page/3

full kit
P1110838_(resized).JPGP1110838_(resized).JPG

front view
P1110850_(resized).JPGP1110850_(resized).JPG

side view
P1110849_(resized).JPGP1110849_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.