IMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0909 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg
F1_pinball.jpg
F112_pinball.jpg
IMG_3530.jpeg
CFTBL Cover (resized).jpg
IMG_9661 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 113.
#5501 89 days ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Has anyone has recently (say last year or so) purchased a CPR mirrored backglass for CFTBL? I'm wondering if the version they're selling now is using proper mirroring or is more of the metallic gray color like on their recent non-silk-screened Earthshaker backglasses. They have a sale on shipping this weekend so was debating on picking up this and their mirrored speaker panel.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/cftbl-glass/

I purchased the CPR mirror backglass and mirror Speaker Panel last year. Both are silver. Here are some pics. The 'skin' tone you see in the photos is my skin colour reflected into the camera lens.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#5502 89 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I purchased the CPR mirror backglass and mirror Speaker Panel last year. Both are silver. Here are some pics. The 'skin' tone you see in the photos is my skin colour reflected into the camera lens.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#5503 89 days ago

Creech made it to my aquarium

IMG_8986 (resized).jpegIMG_8986 (resized).jpeg
#5504 87 days ago

Looking for a few plastics, pretty much all the signs that touch the glass which are three. For some reason mine are all cracked..

#5505 87 days ago

I might have other things for Creech that you may need.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “For sale”
2023-11-26
Dayton, OH
50 (OBO)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 82 times

#5506 87 days ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

I might have other things for Creech that you may need.

yep that’s what i need. What other plastics do you have? PM sent

Parts - For Sale

New Creech signs. Protective film on back and front

New ad!

Used, good condition - “For sale”

2 hours ago

Dayton, OH
(233 mi)

Tiltbob

50 (OBO)

#5507 85 days ago

Thanks for those plastics man, they came today much appreciated.

#5508 85 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks for those plastics man, they came today much appreciated.

You’re welcome!! Thank you

#5509 80 days ago

Finally got my Grave Digger Gill-Man yesterday.

Pictures do not these justice. The detail and overall effect is awesome in person. Really cool Creature from the Black Lagoon piece.

Still don’t have the pin yet, but someday…

IMG_1160 (resized).jpegIMG_1160 (resized).jpeg
#5510 80 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Finally got my Grave Digger Gill-Man yesterday.
Pictures do not these justice. The detail and overall effect is awesome in person. Really cool Creature from the Black Lagoon piece.
Still don’t have the pin yet, but someday…
[quoted image]

Is that a topper? Where did you get that really cool

#5511 79 days ago

Anyone know where I can find one of these apron decals? Only place I could find was Ministry but they are closed, anyone in the U.S maybe?

decal_mb_mop (resized).pngdecal_mb_mop (resized).png
#5512 79 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

Anyone know where I can find one of these apron decals? Only place I could find was Ministry but they are closed, anyone in the U.S maybe?
[quoted image]

I’d like one too

#5513 79 days ago

Me three.

#5514 79 days ago

Even if I could find a good image, I can have them made, but I can't find a good one.

#5515 79 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is that a topper? Where did you get that really cool

I got it used from a guy local to me, but they were made new until about 6 years back or so. They were originally designed to be wall hangers or some sort of floor decoration, but many Creetch owners use them as toppers.
IMG_1169 (resized).pngIMG_1169 (resized).png

They were called “Grave Walkers” and there was a whole line of them including wolf man, Frankie, and even Freddy Kruger
IMG_1170 (resized).pngIMG_1170 (resized).png

You can find lots of knockoffs that pretend to be the real thing but are only like 6 inches wide. I was super lucky to have a full-size original pop up for sale in my hometown.

#5516 77 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

[quoted image]

I believe stumblor made/had them at one point? I'd like to get one.

#5517 77 days ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I believe stumblor made/had them at one point? I'd like to get one.

It's best to message him directly.

#5518 75 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It's best to message him directly.

I did, he said he'd send it but it never arrived so I just assumed he got busy with life. At the time he was sending them for free so no complaints. I didn't feel pestering him over it was necessary. None the less, I'd still like to get one so if they are out there...

#5519 69 days ago

Just wondering, the metal flap (for want of a better description) that sits between the side of the machine and the two ramps on the left hand side, does everyone’s touch the side wall? And if so does it damage or scratch the side art or mirror blades if you have those on your machine when it comes to raising and lowering the playfield?

IMG_3044 (resized).jpegIMG_3044 (resized).jpeg
#5520 69 days ago
Quoted from AndyC:

Just wondering, the metal flap (for want of a better description) that sits between the side of the machine and the two ramps on the left hand side, does everyone’s touch the side wall? And if so does it damage or scratch the side art or mirror blades if you have those on your machine when it comes to raising and lowering the playfield?
[quoted image]

Mine does not touch. It is very close though. Get shields from Pinball Universe to protect the side art when lifting the playfield.

#5521 69 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine does not touch. It is very close though. Get shields from Pinball Universe to protect the side art when lifting the playfield.

Yep I think that has to be the plan.

#5522 65 days ago

I've finally managed to get some time back on my rebuild after a few life distractions...

Managed to get it to turn on stage (minus a few flashers, lights and the creature motors) and nervously flicked the switch...
It came to life and passed smoke test.

Not long after the DMD started to sing/whine and was generally unhappy... followed by DMD darkness
The scorch and heat evidence on the dmd controller says it all.
The HV section was not happy.(On researching apparently this is not an uncommon issue)

Got a new pin2dmd, isolated the HV section...removed the HV input (and the fuses for good measure) and all back to life.

Thanks so much to slippifishi for the incredible graphics! They are fantastic and really lift the game!

Finished fitting all the globes ... looks like I have GI issues on 3 out of 5 circuits. Seems to be power coming through so may be off board.

Mucked around for a day and fitted some new flashers...everything seemed stable.

Until the magic smoke came out (the stuff you can't put back in...)
Literally saw smoke rising out of the top RHS of the back box (back glass was out but GI light panel was closed, so could see it rising out the top)
Mad rush to turn it off.

SIGH

Suspect driver board, removed and checked, but no obvious source ...smelled like burning components/cct board
There was a previous repair on a burnt trace top of board on RHS but it looked ok.

Nervous retest revealed everything is working fine except flashers - F111 blown
Either component failure onboard, or some issue/short with a flasher, though I would have thought this should just blow fuse not let out the magic smoke.

Did some basic checks for shorted driver... nothing obvious found. Will pull it back out again and check BR4/Caps etc.
In hindsight, during testing I noticed that LED5 was fluctuating during initial testing. I assumed this was normal for what it was doing (flashing) Now having looked at the schematic, i suspect this should not have been the case, and was evidence of an approaching problem.

So need to fix that and chase down the couple of GI issues.

Anyway...

Seeking some advice on a couple of things as I put my Creech back together....

1)
Is there supposed to be a gate at the top of the move your car lane (near PAID)?
It seems like there should be, but there wasn't one when I got it (in its non operational state)

I tried to find it in the resources, but can't work it out.

If so, can someone point me to the part?

2) I got a rebuild kit for the flippers and new bats, but I have issues with one side just not gripping. The pawl is tight and it seems to hold but 20 flips in it moves a bit... then once it starts, 5 flips and it is completely out of position. There is still gap/clearance between the pawl to tighten (as is often suggested) and i've taken it from firm, to to tight, to incredibly tight, with the same result. I changed the pawl for another new one... same... then went back to old bat and manged to finally get it to not move. This is the left flipper... the right one is okay
Has anyone had this issue ? Any thoughts, tips or tricks?

As someone new to pinball, the whole idea of a round u shaped pawl gripping on a shiny smooth rod, for use in high torque/impact activities, seems a little weird... but .... I am a pinball newb, so....

3) in setting the level of the machine, the manual shows a picture of the tru-pitch and shows 5 lines in the middle ... my level has six lines with the second from front appearing thicker.
Does this seem like anyone else's? (A few thing on this machine were poorly/non standard repaired)
If so...I assume between first and second is still where the nose of the bubble should be?
(I can always try and grab a protractor and level etc... but...)

Many thanks

#5523 63 days ago
Quoted from SCRAM:

Is there supposed to be a gate at the top of the move your car lane (near PAID)?
It seems like there should be, but there wasn't one when I got it (in its non operational state)

Many thanks

Yes, there is meant to be a gate there. I went looking for the part number, but couldn't find it. Its a one-way gate - allowing for the ball to enter into the PAID lanes and then down into the pops.
Pic for reference.

20231221_183854 (resized).jpg20231221_183854 (resized).jpg
#5524 62 days ago
Quoted from SCRAM:

It is item #17 in the PDF excerpt from the CFTBL Operations Manual shown below. The part number is as follows:

Part # Description
------------------------
A-15662 Gate Assembly

Gord

MYC_Upper_Playfield_Gate.pdfMYC_Upper_Playfield_Gate.pdf
#5525 61 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

It is item #17 in the PDF excerpt from the CFTBL Operations Manual shown below. The part number is as follows:
Part # Description
------------------------
A-15662 Gate Assembly
Gord[quoted image]

Well that's embarrassing... clearly I had a "blokes look" in the manual. I think I assumed it was a switch, but clearly need to pay more attention.
Thanks Gord & Ypaddave (The picture helps!)... I will fabricate one up.

Much appreciated!!

#5526 57 days ago

A small advice from a new owner. Put my CFTBL in storage for some time. It went in with a fairly (green) and functioning hologram. After some body work on the machine it was replaced inside my home. Within 24 hours the hologram disappeared and turned all black. Only a small strip on the bottom of the hologram remained visible...

Probably the temperature change in combination with condensation destroyed my precious. Maybe it was a good idea to remove the hologram holder and I should have kept it warm inside my home...

We all keep learning!

#5527 57 days ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

A small advice from a new owner. Put my CFTBL in storage for some time. It went in with a fairly (green) and functioning hologram. After some body work on the machine it was replaced inside my home. Within 24 hours the hologram disappeared and turned all black. Only a small strip on the bottom of the screen remained visible...
Probably the temperature change in combination with condensation destroyed my precious. Maybe it was a good idea to remove the hologram holder and I should have kept it warm inside my home...
We all keep learning!

when you say "screen" to clarify is it a dmd screen or a hologram

#5528 57 days ago

Joined the club with an excellent condition huo with working hologram. Where do you find a good creature topper they sell for walls? Rubies is long sold out and many China ones are horrible.

IMG_7966 (resized).jpegIMG_7966 (resized).jpeg
#5529 57 days ago

Still working on a basketcase. I got it booting now, but the left flipper immediately locks on. Investigated and the A-15878 flipper opto boards have been completely removed, wires cut and replaced with generic flipper switches. Anyone have a picture of how the opto boards should look? I'm going to have to completely rebuild them.

#5530 57 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

when you say "screen" to clarify is it a dmd screen or a hologram

The Hologram. Edited in post

#5531 56 days ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

The Hologram. Edited in post

moisture will affect a hologram...

also the reproduction holograms in the last 10 years do not last as long as the originals

#5532 56 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Joined the club with an excellent condition huo with working hologram. Where do you find a good creature topper they sell for walls? Rubies is long sold out and many China ones are horrible.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Not into toppers myself but suggest the walker figure...

I made up a heap of caddy toppers years ago...looked great.

#5533 55 days ago

ISO rubies version creature if you have one pm me details and pics.

IMG_7971 (resized).pngIMG_7971 (resized).png
#5534 55 days ago

‘Tis the season! After a year or more keeping an eye on this title and hoping to find a nice one, I’m bringing one home and joining the club hopefully next week. Was able to sell a pin and land a beauty at a decent price. Like many classic Bally/WMS, these seem to be in high demand. I think many people like me enjoy the rules and approachability of these 90s pins. I’ve never owned this one and only played one 2-3 times. The shots are a challenge, which is nice considering the rules aren’t super deep. Some great mods, including from Swinks, who makes the snack bar led mod, movie poster mod and the whirlpool switch cover, etc. I ordered those before I even landed the pin. It was meant to be!

#5535 55 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

‘Tis the season! After a year or more keeping an eye on this title and hoping to find a nice one, I’m bringing one home and joining the club hopefully next week. Was able to sell a pin and land a beauty at a decent price. Like many classic Bally/WMS, these seem to be in high demand. I think many people like me enjoy the rules and approachability of these 90s pins. I’ve never owned this one and only played one 2-3 times. The shots are a challenge, which is nice considering the rules aren’t super deep. Some great mods, including from Swinks, who makes the snack bar led mod, movie poster mod and the whirlpool switch cover, etc. I ordered those before I even landed the pin. It was meant to be!

congrats and enjoy - the multiball is not a give away which I like, great art and fun game

#5536 54 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

congrats and enjoy - the multiball is not a give away which I like, great art and fun game

Thanks! Having to earn a multiball was a staple of early SS games. I’m glad it’s earned on cftbl. Today there are so many skill shots (looking at you, GZ) you earn one without trying and get multiballs without knowing why. I like many recent releases like GZ, ehoh and a few years ago GB, but the 90s WPC/95 era is my favorite. Can’t wait to get this one home!

#5537 53 days ago

Congratulations! It's a great machine.

#5538 53 days ago

Great community around this pin as well. Even those that have sold years ago still hangout here to lend a hand.

#5539 51 days ago

I may be picking up a Creature in the next few days that is in fairly nice condition, unshopped, no led's or color dmd, and with a completely faded unusable hologram. What is a reasonable price for it in this condition and what is the best solution for the dead holo?

#5540 51 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I may be picking up a Creature in the next few days that is in fairly nice condition, unshopped, no led's or color dmd, and with a completely faded unusable hologram. What is a reasonable price for it in this condition and what is the best solution for the dead holo?

prices I am not sure for States side but

here is a good and affordable option to replace the holo and enjoy the lit feature - I did a thread on this mod and go to the last post and the holo alternative is still available

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-alternative-hologram-background-review-amp-upgrade#post-5739734

#5541 51 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

what is the best solution for the dead holo?

Holomodsp, interactive system with 30 video animations.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

Contact for orders and inquiries.
Email: [email protected]
Telegram: pinballsp
Whatsapp: +34693344445

Pinside_forum_3602030_2415204.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415204.jpg

Pinside_forum_3602030_2415142.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415142.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415143.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415143.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415144.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415144.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415146.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415146.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415147.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415147.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415148.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415148.jpgPinside_forum_7752281_0.jpgPinside_forum_7752281_0.jpgPinside_forum_7752281_1.jpgPinside_forum_7752281_1.jpg

Pinside_forum_3602030_2415208.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415208.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415149.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415149.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415140.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2415140.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603602.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603602.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603601.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603601.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603603.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603603.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603604.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603604.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603605.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603605.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603606.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603606.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603607.jpgPinside_forum_3602030_2603607.jpg
#5542 50 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I'd say you are still looking at the $8 range depending on what the condition of the rest of the machine looks like.

#5543 50 days ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Holomodsp, interactive system with 30 video animations.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

Contact for orders and inquiries.
Email: [email protected]
Telegram: pinballsp

Has anyone else installed this? Is it a difficult job? Even more to the point does it work? My original hologram still works but I must say this looks nice

#5544 50 days ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Has anyone else installed this? Is it a difficult job? Even more to the point does it work? My original hologram still works but I must say this looks nice

It does look nice, I agree. Has anyone tried taping their laptop under the window with the movie on a loop? I’m not saying it’s a good idea. Nobody should try that.

#5545 48 days ago

Made another pinball pilgrimage yesterday to Ohio to bring this Creature home! Fun game, short ball times and a challenge to rescue the girl! Next up some Swinks mods to install, and an alternate Creature for under the pf.

IMG_8890 (resized).jpegIMG_8890 (resized).jpegIMG_8891 (resized).jpegIMG_8891 (resized).jpeg
#5546 48 days ago

Hey all - Happy New Year!!!

Cleaning out my parts pile and have 1 brand new activated Pin2DMD with cables. Easy install and completely plug and play.

$275 shipped.

PM if interested, thanks!!

#5547 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Made another pinball pilgrimage yesterday to Ohio to bring this Creature home! Fun game, short ball times and a challenge to rescue the girl! Next up some Swinks mods to install, and an alternate Creature for under the pf.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Won't be long before those short ball times become amazing ball times where everything just clicks. Awesome game...looks really nice.

#5548 48 days ago

#5549 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image]

nice looking game, love the powder coat colour

#5550 44 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice looking game, love the powder coat colour

Thanks! Got the Creach downstairs into the lineup next to his Universal buddy, Dracula.

IMG_9661 (resized).jpegIMG_9661 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 5,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.