IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 115.
#501 8 years ago

Bump-Anyone?

#502 8 years ago

I once bought his FILM decal only and returned it, little differences and colours wrong and didn't line up...

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I once bought his FILM decal only and returned it, little differences and colours wrong and didn't line up...

Same exact thing here. You could tell the lines were from a scan -- weren't as smooth as the original, so the decal didn't cut it for making a faithful reproduction.

#504 8 years ago

I once bought classicarcades' decals for a Fish Tales that I used to own, and I thought that I was the unlucky here, but it's looking like as a recurrent problem with his products......

#505 8 years ago

That sucks!

Quoted from gwarrior:

Same exact thing here. You could tell the lines were from a scan -- weren't as smooth as the original, so the decal didn't cut it for making a faithful reproduction.

1 month later
#506 8 years ago

Anyone fancy a CFTBL poster I made?
The final touches are being added, you will be able to order it soon.
Hope you'll like it!

creech.jpgcreech.jpg

You can buy it here:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/collections/408989-pinball?ref=breadcrumb

#507 8 years ago

looks good, depending on price

#509 8 years ago

Sorry, double.

#510 8 years ago

20150720_165010.jpg20150720_165010.jpg

#511 8 years ago

I love the bobble head Creech

#512 8 years ago

Installed swinks snackbar mod today and this is an awesome mod.DSCF3354.JPGDSCF3354.JPGDSCF3355.JPGDSCF3355.JPGDSCF3356.JPGDSCF3356.JPGDSCF3358.JPGDSCF3358.JPG

#513 8 years ago

Ain't your pink convertible maybe just a little big or it was just the angle of the picture? Is it a 1:43 scale?

#514 8 years ago

its a 1:43 scale. I still need to re install my hologram as wellDSCF3359.JPGDSCF3359.JPG

#515 8 years ago

Does anyone have the green tinted aftermarket lagoon cover installed? How's it look like? Pics?

#516 8 years ago

Finally broke down and got a set of black legs, snapped a photo before I took the last one off. Looks pretty cool and makes the art pop more...

IMG_0621.JPGIMG_0621.JPG

#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Finally broke down and got a set of black legs, snapped a photo before I took the last one off. Looks pretty cool and makes the art pop more...

My CFTBL legs looked the same and I decided instead of buying new ones just to powder coat them black and I figured it wasn't much more to do 2 machines at once so I did my TZ at the same time. They both look great in gloss black.

20150107_220028.jpg20150107_220028.jpg

#518 8 years ago

I agree! I think black legs look way cooler than the chrome ones!

#519 8 years ago

20140120_195853.jpg20140120_195853.jpg

#520 8 years ago

Somewhat creature related shirts for snack bar on Woot today:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#521 8 years ago

Just picked up my first Creech last week. It has a full LED kit installed and looks awesome. One issue I am having is the brightness of the "Start Movie" flashers. It had 5-led flashers in there, which I took out and put in the original incandescent flashers. It's still too bright for my taste when flashing. Just curious if anyone else has this issue, and if there is a suitable bulb replacement that tones down the crazy-brightness through those clear inserts. Thanks.

#522 8 years ago

Try flat yellow LED flashers.

I had these under the ramps and in the film flash spots and they really helped. Quite a bit dimmer than even incandescent.

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Try flat yellow LED flashers.
I had these under the ramps and in the film flash spots and they really helped. Quite a bit dimmer than even incandescent.

I'll give them a try - thanks!

#524 8 years ago

I LOVE those bright movie start flashers! Especially when the film reel sound plays after FILM is all lit. I mean, what a cool way to let you know the main feature of the game is ready

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I LOVE those bright movie start flashers!

Seconded.

#526 8 years ago

I LOVE those bright movie start flashers! Especially when the film reel sound plays after FILM is all lit. I mean, what a cool way to let you know the main feature of the game is ready

I love the idea of it for sure - problem is it actually hurts my eyes looking at that when trying to hit the shot to start the film...

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I love the idea of it for sure - problem is it actually hurts my eyes looking at that when trying to hit the shot to start the film...

That's the challenge buddy, get used to it!!!

#528 8 years ago

2 more items to shape ways - a drive in speaker keychain and a 1:7.5 scaled drive in speaker and pole set (all moulded as one). I just wanted to create a model of one but is there if you want to add to your game in some way.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl

Drive_in_Speaker__post.pngDrive_in_Speaker__post.png

#529 8 years ago

I LOVE those bright movie start flashers!

Exactly, they are supposed to be film projectors. I put the brightest natural whites I could find in there.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Exactly, they are supposed to be film projectors. I put the brightest natural whites I could find in there.

This makes me want to shop my Creature again, because it's gotten dirty. My 'Start Movie' flashers are blinding, but they're not as blinding as they used to be.

#531 8 years ago

Picked up a very un-loved non working Creech a few weeks ago. A handful of fuses and new DMD later and he's up and running so it's nice to be part of the club at last!

The machine looks like it has seen several tours of duty but is still in not bad condition. Last night I was looking into why the FILM lights and free pass lights were so dim and realised there there was a decal over that entire area which was actually solid over these lights, bit strange. I peeled it off to uncover a good amount of flipper wear on the car and FILM decal. I know there is a FILM decal which someone mentioned is of suspect quality, but does anyone know know of a car and FILM overlay decal? Worst comes to worst I will try the other FILM decal and have a go at printing my own vinyl transfer sticker for the car window. It's never going to be perfect but just to cover it up is enough.

Only other thing that is bugging me is the drop ramp. It works fine but is catching on the outside of the ramp. I've tried to move it but the only positional screw is the one right at the back which doesn't help.

Anyway, all in all it's good to be part of the club, it's a cracking theme, love it.

Cheers, Kris

#532 8 years ago

Kris, you're doing the right thing by bringing this Creech back to life. Best of luck to you!

#533 8 years ago

Thanks for that! I keep walking past it and smiling, still can't believe I have a real one.

The ramps were all pretty beat up and I've managed to source some decent second hand ones. The hologram is also jet black so it's time to start saving up for Pinball Mike's mod. If I can get something to cover the wear it'll be a half decent player's machine.

#534 8 years ago

This is a simple little mod for the Creature From The Black Lagoon pinball that is fastened by strong double sided tape to the lhs SS ramp flap that leads to the lhs flipper. It is hollow and still allows some light through the speaker vents and does not reduce any visibility as it is slightly smaller than the ramp flap. You have a few material choices with the polished aluminium plastic being the value and look.

The photo is from an average quality print at home, and I will replace it once I get my part shipped to me but gives you an idea of the shape and look.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

P1100488_copy.jpgP1100488_copy.jpg
P1100489_copy.jpgP1100489_copy.jpg

#535 8 years ago

That's a classy mod!

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This is a simple little mod for the Creature From The Blsck Lagoon pinball that is fastened by strong double sided tape to the lhs SS ramp flap that leads to the lhs flipper. It is hollow and still allows some light through the speaker vents and does not reduce any visibility as it is slightly smaller than the ramp flap. You have a few material choices with the polished aluminium plastic being the value and look.
The photo is from an average quality print at home, and I will replace it once I get my part shipped to me but gives you an idea of the shape and look.

P1100488_copy.jpg P1100489_copy.jpg

Very nice looking mod. I just ordered one. Went with the plastic gray. I wanted the metal one but they wanted $67 plus shipping were the plastic was $21 and change including shipping.

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from creaturemonster:

Very nice looking mod. I just ordered one. Went with the plastic gray. I wanted the metal one but they wanted $67 plus shipping were the plastic was $21 and change including shipping.

thanks for the support as 2 people have purchased (so far) the gray option which has a metal flake. Yes I would have preferred the metal one as well but due to the design it is what it is unfortunately, sorry. Metal prints demand a certain wall thickness and the speaker vent lines go back a depth to make it passable but pricey.

#538 8 years ago

Just a follow-up, I did put the yellow LED flashers in the "Start Movie" clear inserts. It's much easier on the eyes, and still a pretty excellent reminder that the main feature of the game is lit up and ready to go! After reading all the posts of people who love the blinding white flashers, I'm going to experiment with a few different white LED's in there to see if I can find the right balance of "Alert!" and "Damn, I'm blind!" Thanks to everyone for the tips...

This game is quickly becoming one of my all-time favs.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

This game is quickly becoming one of my all-time favs.

It was my first pin (manufactured in March 1993 and purchased by me in December 1994) and has always been a keeper. They say TZ has the most mods available for it, but CFTBL has several of the very best mods:
lit taillights speaker panel
ColorDMD
deluxe mirror-bumpers speaker panel plastic
EL-wire snackbar mod
MikeD lagoon TV mod

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This is a simple little mod for the Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball that is fastened by strong double sided tape to the lhs SS ramp flap that leads to the lhs flipper. It is hollow and still allows some light through the speaker vents and does not reduce any visibility as it is slightly smaller than the ramp flap. You have a few material choices with the polished aluminium plastic being the value and look.

I just ordered in too. I splurged and went with the polished nickel steel version.

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

lit taillights speaker panel

Can you still buy this somewhere?

#543 8 years ago

True ... available. But that price, pfff
Jeff's mod is nicely designed, and priced very reasonable ... when available

#544 8 years ago

I did this mod a while ago and love mine as the 2 lights sync with different features on the playfield which are actually partially hidden behind a ramp - "parking ok" and "move your car" and looks cool and doesn't block any views unlike the car mod.

Because Shapeways is limited in their colours I decided to do a small custom range which unfortunately is not available from Shapeways directly as the rear body panels are only available as one full fixed colour not multiple colours. These ones will have 4 different custom colours and will be blackened on the inside so the plastic won't have a glow but then hopefully the embossed logo will glow a little on the pink and aqua versions. The rat rod grey is for a non silver / chromed bumper letting people custom colour a white bumper or getting a stainless steel option which is not as sharp in quality as the polished silver but would suit the rat rod look. With having a plastic or stainless bumper housing, it will make it much more affordable. These are for the designer access only as the process is still be trialled, I will report back once samples come back.

anyway I will order a couple soon and wire up and sell a few one offs when time allows.

AQUA
custom tailfin - aqua.pngcustom tailfin - aqua.png

LIGHT PINK
custom tailfin - light pink.pngcustom tailfin - light pink.png

CREECH GREEN
custom tailfin - creech green.pngcustom tailfin - creech green.png

RAT ROD GREY
custom tailfin - RR grey.pngcustom tailfin - RR grey.png

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I did this mod a while ago and love mine as the 2 lights sync with different features on the playfield which are actually partially hidden behind a ramp - "parking ok" and "move your car" and looks cool and doesn't block any views unlike the car mod.
Because Shapeways is limited in their colours I decided to do a small custom range which unfortunately is not available from Shapeways directly as the rear body panels are only available as one full fixed colour nt multiple colours. These ones will have 4 different custom colours and will be blackened on the inside so the plastic won't have a glow but then hopefully the embossed logo will glow a little on the pink and aqua versions. The rat rod grey is for a non silver / chromed bumper letting people custom colour a white bumper or getting a stainless steel option which is not as sharp in quality as the polished silver but would suit the rat rod look. With having a plastic or stainless bumper housing, it will make it much more affordable.
anyway I will order a couple soon and wire up and sell a few one offs when time allows.
AQUA
custom tailfin - aqua.png
LIGHT PINK
custom tailfin - light pink.png
CREECH GREEN
custom tailfin - creech green.png
RAT ROD GREY
custom tailfin - RR grey.png

Curious for the price tags!

#546 8 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

True ... available. But that price, pfff
Jeff's mod is nicely designed, and priced very reasonable ... when available

Exactly, no one is willing to pay that price. I've been waiting a while for Jeff to do another run but there has been nothing but silence.

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Curious for the price tags!

really depends on what materials you choose

#548 8 years ago

Hey All! I am looking to purchase a used hologram - it's ok if it's blue or a repro. If anyone bought the LCD mod and just have it hanging around, let me know! Mine is so washed out that you can't make out the creature.

#549 8 years ago

Here's the speaker mod installed. Another great design by Swinks.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#550 8 years ago

looks great, thanks for sharing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.