Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rock914
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Long time Pinball player, first time pinball owner and poster to the forum.
I just got CFTBL and have successfully installed two mods. Under cabinet lighting from Mezel Mods and the Color DMD display.
Both work fine, independently, however, when both connected at the same time (via the J116) it results in the F116 fuse blowing.
Randy from ColorDMD suspected it was the bulb on the Hologram that was too high powered, however this is only 20w and even when removed the fuse still blows.

Is there another place I can plug either of these mods in to get power?
Or can anyone give some light as to what the issue may be and a possible solution?

Thanks
Jon

#2 1 year ago

Your issue is your machine power is tapped out.

I have a new power system that provides power to mods utilizing the service outlet and a relay so it only powers up when the game is on. Cost is $40.00, It is not available on my website yet or Mezelmods website but it can be ordered via PM. My Facebook page is the only place you will find any info on it. Hope I link this correctly. https://m.facebook.com/rock914/

#3 1 year ago

I had a similar issue. Things that help is LEDs, led upgrade for your hologram light and most importantly on cftbl I had a similar issue if you plan to get the taillight mod or others get a power supply from rock custom

#4 1 year ago

I agree with the above. ColorDMD is fine to run off the driver board, but any other mods including the LED under cab lights need to be on a separate power supply.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks guys, this is just what I need. PM Sent.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks Jon, this will do a great job for you. You will be able to add many more mods without issue of blowing anything on your machine.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Thanks Jon, this will do a great job for you. You will be able to add many more mods without issue of blowing anything on your machine.

I have mods stacking up on my TZ. I went to your website, do you sell power supplies for mods? To take the stress off of J116-J118 on power driver board?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have mods stacking up on my TZ. I went to your website, do you sell power supplies for mods? To take the stress off of J116-J118 on power driver board?

I do the power system is not up on my website yet. I am working on that between today and tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside