IMG_0319 (resized).JPG
IMG_0311 (resized).JPG
IMG_0310 (resized).JPG
IMG_0309 (resized).JPG
IMG_0764 (resized).JPG
IMG_0766 (resized).JPG
IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0526 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago

Thank you PeterG
Unfortunately I made a single copy for the panel, I manufactured a support for my LEDs CMS and resistors CMS,
Here are some pictures of how I proceeded,
I will do a full tutorial as soon as I have more time

20170430_222634[1] (resized).jpg20170430_222634[1] (resized).jpg

20170430_121659[1] (resized).jpg20170430_121659[1] (resized).jpg

20170501_144453[1] (resized).jpg20170501_144453[1] (resized).jpg

20170507_125932[1] (resized).jpg20170507_125932[1] (resized).jpg

20170507_193628[1] (resized).jpg20170507_193628[1] (resized).jpg

20170501_144837[1] (resized).jpg20170501_144837[1] (resized).jpg

20170501_144801[1] (resized).jpg20170501_144801[1] (resized).jpg

#252 6 years ago

that looks great totally 50's somebody needs to make a mini coke machine and candy boxes...time to check Barbie accessories lol

#253 6 years ago

I actually run the ecommerce side of my Mom's dollhouse business, dollhousealley.com. We're working on a mini popcorn machine right now that will cover the switch casing by the entrance to the right ramp. I think we can do candy boxes and I see what I can do about a soda machine. Great idea.

2 months later
#254 6 years ago

I sold the last stock Snackbar v2.0 Mod today, but 3 more people really wanted one so did the count up of parts and have most parts to do just 5 more units except for tops so just ordered 5 more tops today which are a little higher in price but I will wear the difference to clear the remaining stock.

- so of the 5 last units - 2 units are spares and available to purchase
- all 5 will be ready in about 6-8 weeks and that will be it for 2017.

$250 AUD + postage

if interested, send me a PM

attached below is the latest manual (rev 3) , some spelling mistakes fixed and stats updated.

CFTBL Retro Snackbar Mod v2.0 - Manual rev3.pdfCFTBL Retro Snackbar Mod v2.0 - Manual rev3.pdf

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I sold the last stock Snackbar v2.0 Mod today, but 3 more people really wanted one so did the count up of parts and have most parts to do just 5 more units except for tops so just ordered 5 more tops today which are a little higher in price but I will wear the difference to clear the remaining stock.
- so of the 5 last units - 2 units are spares and available to purchase
- all 5 will be ready in about 6-8 weeks and that will be it for 2017.
$250 AUD + postage
if interested, send me a PM
attached below is the latest manual (rev 3) , some spelling mistakes fixed and stats updated.

It's an amazing mod!

1 month later
#256 6 years ago

all but 1 x Snackbar Mod v2.0 has been sold which is my keeper for the moment as no more v2.0's will be made (as onlu have a few spares left overover), early next year I will do a v3.0 if the demand is there as I want to try something a little different. When that is released this last v2.0 will be available as NOS.

1 month later
#257 6 years ago

swinks just pm'd u I would love a snack bar mod do you have anymore? ..I hope

#258 6 years ago

thanks for the pm @soulrider911, if I get enough interested people I will do a Snackbar v3 in early 2018 but only if enough interest. At this stage all I can ask of people is send a pm with your name, email and postal address to lock in a position on a wait list as I intend to do a small run of the Snackbar v3 as final product samples at a discounted rate.

The reason for v3 is I get a little bored and like to mix it up a little, lighting source will not change as it is a easy plug and play design but intend to try something a little different on the front face and top but still a coral blue building and hope to make it a one bolt fasten top (v1 was 3 bolts, 2 was 2 bolts).

cheers

Jady

#259 6 years ago

I would love to see the version 3 to have a look like the building on the playfield. So add some height. Also wonder if the light of the mod stays on all the time or only when the snackbar is open?

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I would love to see the version 3 to have a look like the building on the playfield. So add some height. Also wonder if the light of the mod stays on all the time or only when the snackbar is open?

that has always been my desire but ramps do get in the way, lets see what evolves...

#261 6 years ago

I just put in SnackBar V2 from Swinks' last run..I love it.
The Snackbar lighting strips are on all the time. The Red Dome light is on when the Snackbar is open, etc as in the regular gameplay. I put a blue cover on the Comet splitter white bulb that gives the Snackbar lighting a nice blue effect.

#262 6 years ago

My snackbar mod is still going strong love it

1 month later
#263 6 years ago

Hi @swinks

I just bought a CFTBL and based on Gorgar1's recommendation I'll put my hand up for Snackbar v3

Here's hoping you get enough takers

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hi swinks
I just bought a CFTBL and based on Gorgar1's recommendation I'll put my hand up for Snackbar v3
Here's hoping you get enough takers

Hey there #Manny65, if you are keen send me your details to go a interest list to lock in a position as it helps me gauge if I will proceed.

Thanks #Gorgar1 for the support

#265 6 years ago

Hi Swinks, I would be interested in a snackbar v3. Based in the uk . Please add me to your list

#266 6 years ago

if anyone is keen for the Snackbar Mod v3, I ask that you send me a pm with
- Snackbar v3 - as the title then
- full name
- address
- email address

If I don't get these I then won't consider you keen. The reason I do this is that it generally sorts those that are really keen or not.

I will not share these details and just maintain a list of interested in the priority that they send me a message in which these people will be offered in the same order.

no money down but the interest lets me know if I am to move forward or not.

for most parts I need to order at least 50 off otherwise just not feasible so the amount of interest determines if I actual do a run.

thanks for reading and thanks to those that are interested and have supported me in the past.

cheers

Jady

1 month later
#268 6 years ago

mmmmm, building a cnc ........... sorry

nearly come to a stand still on the cnc while I wait for a few parts, have been thinking about it alot but haven't started the design process, but got some design features in mind but won't share until I can ensure they are doable.

1 week later
#269 6 years ago

a small update, as a few features I want to improve on are:
- 1 screw only to lock in top to the base plate - see below pic as almost achieved this and thinking the screw will be at the side near the subway hole towards the back in which you release a few turns and then the top slides forward 7.5mm and then lift up off the 3 posts, therefore so much easier than v1 and a little more easier than v2.
- another advantage of this is the decal on the top is even cleaner with only 1 hole for the dome lens which in turn gives me better printing options as well and removes the risk of tightening a screw and twisting the decal.

once the above is done I will move on to a recreation of the front lens for the neon effect.

Question - would it be cool to have the "Snack Bar" possibly lit up on the lens face (along with the neon tube effect) instead of on the top decal ?

Snackbar v3 (resized).pngSnackbar v3 (resized).png

#270 6 years ago

Not exactly understanding what the question is. If you mean that the snack bar text on top will lit up when open, that could be cool.

#271 6 years ago

Yes, sorry for any confusion, was considering having the word “Shack Bar” on the front neon tube face so effectively back lit.

#272 6 years ago

I agree, that would be a cool look to have it lite up.

Greg

2 weeks later
#273 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Yes, sorry for any confusion, was considering having the word “Shack Bar” on the front neon tube face so effectively back lit.

Yes back lit that’s very cool

#274 6 years ago

Did a simple mockup of the snackbar. Would be great to include that in the design. This means you pro ably loose the two lightstrips as it is becoming to high.

20180224_160159 (resized).jpg20180224_160159 (resized).jpg

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did a simple mockup of the snackbar. Would be great to include that in the design. This means you pro ably loose the two lightstrips as it is becoming to high.

I hadn't considered a mini almost not to scale / exaggerated tower piece. Thanks for the idea - it has given me some thoughts....

#276 6 years ago

finally got a creature and this is the one mod i am so pumped to get, when the next verson comes out

1 month later
5 months later
#278 5 years ago

During the designing of the Snackbar Mod v3.0, it came to me of how to add the signage to the v2.0 Snackbar Mod saving you guys selling and upgrading your v2.0 to v3.0 but getting the cool signage similar to the game (and something I have wanted to do for years). It will be simply a matter of purchasing parts and assembling yourself and then fitting to your V2.0 Snackbar / game.

- remove the dome
- tap and hot glue the new lock down plate
- being tested with my new pin-torch v3 with light purple leds in both the light blades and signage - notice how the sign can pivot out of the way and once set in your game nip up to lock into the place you want which covers the graphic of the Snackbar Signage.
- installed in the game
Note: I will open up the parts to order / links in the next 12hrs and will note here and will make up a basic "how to upgrade manual" in the next few days. This will be a kit to purchase direct from Shapeways and assembles easily, along with some led parts from Comet Pinball.

Side Note: I asked my wife what she thought and she said that your eyes are attracted to the signage and looks cool.

IMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0519 (resized).JPGIMG_0519 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPG

#279 5 years ago

Here is a link for the back lit 3D Snack Bar signage (v2.5 upgrade) from Shapeways, which I will have a basic manual of how to perform the upgrade and what parts to get from Comet Pinball. This fits all Snackbar v2.0's and replaces the red dome for that cool neon look signage and gives the playfield a nice glow and up to you what colour leds you install for the look that you are after.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkssnackbarv2.5&sort=newest

#280 5 years ago

Here is the manual of how to assemble your Snackbar Signage for the Snackbar Mod v1.0 and v2.0 as well as links for parts.

CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdfCFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf
#281 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Here is the manual of how to assemble your Snackbar Signage for the Snackbar Mod v1.0 and v2.0 as well as links for parts.
[quoted image]

Hi Jady,

Wow, what a nice professionally done manual for your CFTBL snack bar enhancement upgrade conversion. I have a Version 2 model of the snack bar mod and am very happy with it as it looks great and is very functional.

Now you are offering an upgrade conversion path for those of us who have purchased earlier versions of your enhancement to upgrade to Version 3 which is a really nice upgrade. Thanks for continuing to support and improve your already amazing CFTBL enhancements.

Gord

#282 5 years ago

Duplicate post . . . Mods please delete.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Jady,
Wow, what a nice professionally done manual for your CFTBL snack bar enhancement upgrade conversion. I have a Version 2 model of the snack bar mod and am very happy with it as it looks great and is very functional.
Now you are offering an upgrade conversion path for those of us who have purchased earlier versions of your enhancement to upgrade to Version 3 which is a really nice upgrade. Thanks for continuing to support and improve your already amazing CFTBL enhancements.
Gord

Thanks Gord

The signage was something I really wanted to do around the time of v2.0 but never settled on a design nor a way to do it, plus about 10 guys were willing to upgrade from v2 to v3 mainly for the signage and just felt I could give them another relatively affordable option to keep their v1.0 / v2.0 and adding signage.

Enjoy everyone

#284 5 years ago

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

For those Snackbar v1.0 and V2.0 owners that live in Australia I am doing a purchase of parts from Shapeways and have enough lighting parts to make 4 signage ONLY kits.

The benefit of this is you do not have to pay for postage from from Shapeways or Comet Pinball as I will cover this but you will have to cover postage from me to you (within Australia only) - which is a saving of about $37.50 and I assembly it for you.

I have enough lighting parts for 4 complete kits as per manual and the led strip colour option is: white, amber, red, light purple, ice blue and 1 x dark blue.

If you were to get the Signage parts yourself as per manual for Australia it would be:
Shapeways - $54 parts + $15 postage + $7 GST = $76 USD
Comet Pinball - $7 parts + $15 postage + $3 GST & clearance tax = $25 USD
Total = $101 USD = $142.50 AUD (at today's conversion rates 1 to 1.41)

What I can do is the following:
Shapeways - $54 for the signage parts + $5.50 GST = $59.50 USD
Comet Pinball - $7 parts (no GST & clearance tax as have in stock) = $7 USD cost of parts
Total = $66.50USD = $94 AUD
+ box / postage from me to you so about $105AUD gift payment or $110 merch payment and it will be tapped, fully assembled and tested for you just to assemble into the game including bolt and allen key for free.

If keen let me know & pay by Tuesday night this week as finalising the order and I will need payment up front as not something I want to keep in stock if you changed your mind.

just send me a PM with your colour preference and if you need or want anything else from Shapeways and then I can send through the total and my paypal email

Cheers

Jady

PS - Spots available
Spot 1 - taken
Spot 2 -
Spot 3 -
Spot 4 -

other CFTBL parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscftbl&sort=newest

1 month later
#285 5 years ago

Thanks for the support guys, a number of people grabbed the signage upgrade parts

Shapeways 15% discount extended for all of Tuesday now

The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off
all Swinks stuff

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest
Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest
Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

and Shapeways is introducing a price rise on the 1st Jan 2019 so in a months time everything will be going up 10-15% on plastics and up to 40% on the clear print so now is the chance to upgrade.

for the CFTBL signage gear, here is the link
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbar

1 month later
#286 5 years ago

SELLING the 1st Production made v2.0

I have a refurbished, like new Snackbar Mod v2.0 which was mine in my game until I graded to a v3.0. I have stripped the v2.0, fully sanded and fully repainted all over a number of coats, then new decals and new lighting, with only the light blades, dome and the SS plate being original.

These sold for $275 AUD but selling a totally refurbed one for $175AUD with the dome or $250AUD with a brand new sign upgrade fitted. I can fit either one for you. The v3.0 are selling for $350AUD. It will come with the required globes as well (as not in the picture).

The lighting fitted is light purple for the light blades and amber for the sign.

Here is the finished item ready to be shipped.

IMG_0764 (resized).JPGIMG_0764 (resized).JPG
IMG_0766 (resized).JPGIMG_0766 (resized).JPG
IMG_0765 (resized).JPGIMG_0765 (resized).JPG

here are refurb pictures.

IMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPG
IMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0311 (resized).JPGIMG_0311 (resized).JPGIMG_0319 (resized).JPGIMG_0319 (resized).JPGIMG_0320 (resized).JPGIMG_0320 (resized).JPG

#287 5 years ago

Also SELLING the last made v2.0 - 111th Snackbar Mod v2.0

I kept this aside for a pinsider that had a bit of bad luck financially, but in the end he never purchased it and so it is available as well.

These originally sold for $275 AUD but since it is superseeded by the now v3.0 version of the mod, but this is 100% brand new and never used still new in box.

It is $250AUD with the dome or $325 with a sign upgrade, just let me know which option you like and I will do the final fit.

The Snackbar comes with the ice blue lighting for the neon light blades and I can fit purple lighting to the sign similar to what the v3.0 will look like, for this cool effect as below.

Snack Bar Sign (resized).jpgSnack Bar Sign (resized).jpg
#290 5 years ago

both v2's are reserved and waiting on final decision and payment.

#291 5 years ago

both have been paid for so these are no longer available - 1 to an aussie pinhead and 1 to a US pinhead.

4 weeks later
#292 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

SELLING the 1st Production made v2.0
I have a refurbished, like new Snackbar Mod v2.0 which was mine in my game until I graded to a v3.0. I have stripped the v2.0, fully sanded and fully repainted all over a number of coats, then new decals and new lighting, with only the light blades, dome and the SS plate being original.
These sold for $275 AUD but selling a totally refurbed one for $175AUD with the dome or $250AUD with a brand new sign upgrade fitted. I can fit either one for you. The v3.0 are selling for $350AUD. It will come with the required globes as well (as not in the picture).
The lighting fitted is light purple for the light blades and amber for the sign.
Here is the finished item ready to be shipped.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
here are refurb pictures.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't own this pin but you are a genius, absolutely beautiful.

3 months later
#293 4 years ago

We received our snack bar mod and got it installed. Pretty simple, just had to tweak a couple of things with the light wiring. Looks awesome!!!

CreatureMod1 (resized).jpgCreatureMod1 (resized).jpgCreatureMod2 (resized).jpgCreatureMod2 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#294 2 years ago

I’m willing to pay $900 for the snake bar mod

If you have it contact me please

#295 2 years ago

Snake Bar mod or Snack Bar mod?

2 weeks later
#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

paging @swinks
he should be the one to cash in on this offer

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Why thats a lot of money. For that you may have people willing to take it off there game.

1 year later
#298 1 year ago

these still avail anywhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20/page/6?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.