IMG_0319 (resized).JPG
IMG_0311 (resized).JPG
IMG_0310 (resized).JPG
IMG_0309 (resized).JPG
IMG_0764 (resized).JPG
IMG_0766 (resized).JPG
IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v2 mods - rev1.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0526 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0528 (resized).JPG
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

full kit
P1110838_(resized).JPGP1110838_(resized).JPG

white smd strip
P1110849_(resized).JPGP1110849_(resized).JPG

blue smd strip
P1110856_(resized).JPGP1110856_(resized).JPG

light purple smd strip (though camera doesn't pick up the soft purple but looks cool and my preference - until when Art (Comet) get pink
P1110856_(resized).JPGP1110856_(resized).JPG

and a view a little further back with white from a player angle (but not from a player playing pint of view)
P1110850_(resized).JPGP1110850_(resized).JPG

#102 8 years ago

Look great Swinks! Merry Christmas!

#103 8 years ago

nice job. I think that I will have to order 1 or 2 of these v2 mods to see which one I like better

#104 8 years ago

Pink! I need to see a photo in pink!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Pink! I need to see a photo in pink!

sadly pink is not available as yet though have asked Art , either way for anyone keen they can get the mod with white installed and upgrade to a different colour by simply installing a new colour for $4 from Comet - with options for 2 different whites, blue, green, red, orange, purple

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-10-SMD-5050-6-3V-LIGHTED-STRIPS-p/10smd6.3vstrip.htm

#106 8 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the people that purchased parts / mods from me in 2015, as I really appreciated the support and made a few good friends through this.

Hope you all enjoy pinball, family and friends over the Christmas break.

Cheers

Jady / Swinks

#107 8 years ago

Ill be following up with info on Pink, and Ice Blue...The two Deco Pastel Colors...lets see....

Follow up.

Ice Blue is ordered in Regular and frosted.....hunting down pink....
(Purple is so close....sometimes this is a bit tricky, but lets see.)

Art

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill be following up with info on Pink, and Ice Blue...The two Deco Pastel Colors...lets see....
Follow up.
Ice Blue is ordered in Regular and frosted.....hunting down pink....
(Purple is so close....sometimes this is a bit tricky, but lets see.)
Art

any help would be very much appreciated and reckon the ice blue and pink would be perfect and at a very cheap upgrade for people later on when and if they become available.

cheers

Jady

#109 8 years ago

here is a basic video - sorry camera is playing up and didn't add the video of the light purple as the camera viewed it as white.

I will be in touch with people on the list in the next few days to see if they are still keen

#110 8 years ago

This is an extremely nice and very tastefully done mod, excellent work! Now I want to buy a CFTBL and starting moding it... damn you!

#111 8 years ago

30th Dec Update - 5 protos finished and heading out to the new owners for feedback

sent out a mail out questionnaire to all people on the list and now have enough commitment to start a production run of 16 units which is 2 batches worth.

why 16 - I order the tops from iMaterialise and anymore than 16 tops bumps me into a taxable item coming into Aus so all about keeping costs down and passing that on to you guys. Will be ordering another 16 in a months time.

Hopefully in 2-3 weeks time the 3 pinsiders getting a proto / launch snackbar kit can report back here.

#112 8 years ago

Also manual will be available in the next few days...

#113 8 years ago

am I going to have to proofread another installation manual?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

am I going to have to proofread another installation manual?

lol, can always let people install without a manual

it will be fine, and much simpler to install now, so will update for v2.0 and post up

#115 8 years ago

all systems are go, sent to launch kits yesterday, waiting on payment for the other 2 and they will be gone as well.

got enough interest to order enough for 3 x batches of 8 with just 16 tops due to import duty but will order some more in a couple of weeks.

lastly will have the manual next year......

1 week later
#116 8 years ago

I couldn't attach a manual as Pinside no longer supports pdf files as attachments.

#117 8 years ago

Can you save it as jpg?

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can you save it as jpg?

it's 20 pages as use lots of pics with a step by step guide.

pinside on allows jpg, jpeg, png and gif - turning it into 20 individual pages and over 10 times the memory size.

my program (pages on a Mac) only allows pdf and some text files and windows files.

#121 8 years ago

Can't wait for this to show up, side note. I'll be selling my version 1 if anyone is looking for one out there.

#122 8 years ago

Just got my note from the post office yesterday that it has arrived, going to pick it up after work today.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just got my note from the post office yesterday that it has arrived, going to pick it up after work today.

awesome, hope you like the revision

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

awesome, hope you like the revision

No doubts I will.

#125 8 years ago

And done! Thank you very much. Will give detailed review on podcast, but summary 2 thumbs way up

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#126 8 years ago

Is it 12v or 6v?

#127 8 years ago

6.3V with a connecting bulb....easy as changing your GI Bulb!

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Is it 12v or 6v?

using one of Art's products it is now lit from a GI socket under the mod, no power leads, no 12vdc power drain, and brighter than before. Go to the link for the manual and check out the instructions and differences.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

And done! Thank you very much. Will give detailed review on podcast, but summary 2 thumbs way up
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

that's awesome, glad you like it

#129 8 years ago

Streamed with it earlier tonight. It's awesome

#130 8 years ago

Just got the word that Comet can not get pink led strips at a reasonable price therefore pink will not be a option, yet.

Alternatively since Comet's gear comes with nice snap together fittings you can always chop the led strip from the small supply lead / plug and re-solder to an after market strip - but you do this at your own risk but is the only alternative at the moment.

#131 8 years ago

Was asking because my seems really dim, ran my own power supply
as the game can't take much juice pulling with all the mods as it sits, it has power limits like I have never ever seen in any Williams.
I guess that wouldn't really be to true, as I have modded the crap out of it more so than any other Williams. So mine is sitting on it own power and not the games power and I was expecting the darn thing to be brighter. Not familiar with using one of Art's products?

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

6.3V with a connecting bulb....easy as changing your GI Bulb!

I may try that. Do you have a link to picking one up?

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Was asking because my seems really dim, ran my own power supply
as the game can't take much juice pulling with all the mods as it sits, it has power limits like I have never ever seen in any Williams.
I guess that wouldn't really be to true, as I have modded the crap out of it more so than any other Williams. So mine is sitting on it own power and not the games power and I was expecting the darn thing to be brighter. Not familiar with using one of Art's products?

When I first connected mine it also seemed dim, it was just my connection between bulb and socket that was causing it, I adjusted that and it clearly became much much brighter, I'm guessing you may have a similar issue.

#134 8 years ago

Please allow me to share.

In the current mass market production of LEDs, and strips, Pink is considered Purple, and the same in China.
The Purple is not the Dark people, people have clamored about for years...So we made a Purple Bulb. called
Purple Passion, to satisfy the needs of wanting a real Purple Purple. I have not seen this mod in Person,
to know how purple will look, and if you have one Jady, perhaps you can try and photo, or Ill send that next.
The Pinks used in single bulbs and flashers, are custom doped to this color, because the volume reached is over 10,000
units. I can try to make Pure Pink in a strip, but someone needs to buy 10,000 pieces. or at least 7000 or more to break even.

Another direction, a bit pre mature, but worth sharing, is that last year we created 6.3V RGB strips with inline remote.
We discovered after production, but pre-release, that the "test" versions, we connected, worked on DC and AC, but the volume production only worked on DC. Since inserts were DC, (Not GI), we thought we would release for just this.
Unfortunately, the attract mode signals received, erased the memory settings...crap.
We havent given up, we have a new test solution working after many people on pinside that know more then I have helped, and we are again, in proto testing. I am not sure if the whole rig will fit in this mod, but fading, color changing, or Pink, could come, as this pink is made from R G B individual diodes, rather then a doped diode.

Another thought on Pink, is Jady, can you get the clear light parts cut in Pink or Pink Light emitting plastic?
That would allow white light to show pink, as its the plastic color.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

When I first connected mine it also seemed dim, it was just my connection between bulb and socket that was causing it, I adjusted that and it clearly became much much brighter, I'm guessing you may have a similar issue.

While all bulbs have been hand tested here, and Jady, I trust before you ship, you plug in and check, there can be unique game issues....first, you can see if the wires to the socket have been reversed. You can test with alligator clips, or trying to reversing the connector into the opposite polarity. Please note not all connectors can do this as there is a locking nib, and it can prevent the reversing back to not allow a "lock". You can also run a meter to your socket to check voltage.
The total power draw is close to that of an incandescent, but if your game has all incandescent in your GI strand, and you have a drop based on Caps, other board issues....it could be dim. Try plugging into another game, one with leds, or a newer to see if the issue is connection, bulb, or game.

Troubleshooting a bulb long distance is tough, as there are many things to see.
Replacement bulbs are here US side if needed....

Art

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Tommy you are the first of three people to have a led version and what wpdvideo is referring to is the El wire in which was white.

El wire did vary a little and each unit is subject to power supply and even humidity I later learnt about. In addition if an inverter was ever powered without the el wire connected to the power pack it affects the inverter permanently - burn out or El wire brightness. Also your surrounding if bright the el wire looks dull at times. El wire is not as bright as say as fibre optic lighting like in the Tron game. The new LED version is much brighter as 10 leds shining through laser cut acrylic.

I test all mods prior, to ensure brightness and performance is too my expectation and I am very particular as I don't want to disappoint anyone.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I may try that. Do you have a link to picking one up?

This is for the new mod not the the old one as it needs 12vdc

#137 8 years ago

Well, Maybe I need the new mod! Any available? mine is dim

#138 8 years ago

Sorry for confusion. Just to clarify my version 1.0 mod was great. My CFTBL was just too modded out. When connected bright and pretty but weakened my flippers. New version brighter prettier and easier to install. Plus I can leave it connected and still enjoy my game!

#139 8 years ago

as for the purple and pink comparison

I have put purple in my game and it has a coloured glow but definitely a light purple not pink. When I try to take a photo with many different settings it just looks white so pointless showing people as it is deceiving.

Personally I am looking forward to the ice blue as this will hopefully achieve a similar look to the Snackbar v1.0 as the white el wire had a ice blue glow to it due to the paint job on the mod

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry for confusion. Just to clarify my version 1.0 mod was great. My CFTBL was just too modded out. When connected bright and pretty but weakened my flippers. New version mod 2.0 brighter prettier and easier to install. I think the EL wire more closely resembled retro neon but for functionality on my CFTBL I needed 2.0. Plus I can leave it connected and still enjoy my game!

#141 8 years ago

Just to clarify to those people new looking at this mod:

Snackbar v1.0 - had el wire installed in it and needed 12vdc to power the small inverter. CFTBL has alot of mods using alot of 12vdc like PinballMikeD's holo tv screen mod, color dmd and the Speaker Panel Speaker tail light mod. The Snackbar mod didn't use alot of power - 500Ma but in some cases was the straw that broke the Camel's back. I also later learnt that EL wire varied due to the humidity and was as it's best glow when it matched the conditions it was made in as it has a powder inside of it. Luckily the supplier is in the US and for $10 the el wire and inverter can be swapped out when it does dim as it will dim with age as well.

Snackbar v2.0 - I redesigned the mod to mainly avoid the power drain on peoples games as now the mod has 10 SMD led strip inside of it and is powered by a GI socket under the mod so runs off 6.8 vac, so no power leads and very simple to install and much brighter than el wire version. The downside it doesn't have the el wire neon rounded edge look - so can't achieve everything.

My apologies to anyone that has v1.0 and is disappointed when they see this design revision - was not my intention, I wasn't going to do any more Snackbars at all, and then the idea dawned on me with edge lit acrylic and then saw Comet's lighting components and then v2.0 evolved. For those with the v1.0 that really want to upgrade I will give you a small discount to lessen the hurt and say thanks for your support and you can flip your v1.0 to the market place.

1 week later
#142 8 years ago

with some luck 16 x snackbar tops will arrive today if not Wednesday (public holiday tomorrow) and start painting and get some kits finished.

cheers

Jady

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Just to clarify to those people new looking at this mod:
Snackbar v1.0 - had el wire installed in it and needed 12vdc to power the small inverter. CFTBL has alot of mods using alot of 12vdc like PinballMikeD's holo tv screen mod, color dmd and the Speaker Panel Speaker tail light mod. The Snackbar mod didn't use alot of power - 500Ma but in some cases was the straw that broke the Camel's back. I also later learnt that EL wire varied due to the humidity and was as it's best glow when it matched the conditions it was made in as it has a powder inside of it. Luckily the supplier is in the US and for $10 the el wire and inverter can be swapped out when it does dim as it will dim with age as well.
Snackbar v2.0 - I redesigned the mod to mainly avoid the power drain on peoples games as now the mod has 10 SMD led strip inside of it and is powered by a GI socket under the mod so runs off 6.8 vac, so no power leads and very simple to install and much brighter than el wire version. The downside it doesn't have the el wire neon rounded edge look - so can't achieve everything.
My apologies to anyone that has v1.0 and is disappointed when they see this design revision - was not my intention, I wasn't going to do any more Snackbars at all, and then the idea dawned on me with edge lit acrylic and then saw Comet's lighting components and then v2.0 evolved. For those with the v1.0 that really want to upgrade I will give you a small discount to lessen the hurt and say thanks for your support and you can flip your v1.0 to the market place.

I'm in the market for version #1. Anyone willing to sell it for a fair price (and low shipping costs), please PM me!

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm in the market for version #1. Anyone willing to sell it for a fair price (and low shipping costs), please PM me!

I will send you a pm, as have a v1.0 available since upgrading at a good price.

#145 8 years ago

Please put me on the list for a 2.0 - Scott

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Please put me on the list for a 2.0 - Scott

no worries, send me a pm, with full name, address to secure a spot

currently just finished undercoating 17 allocated snackbar tops.

This time around things should move a little faster - use to do 8 ever 3-4 weeks, now working towards 17 per month so people don't have to wait so long.

1 week later
#147 8 years ago

next 5 units finished and packed and messages sent out - give it a week and then will offer to the next guys.

waiting on SS laser cutting to complete the other 12 units - so look out for messages

please let me know if you no longer want in so I can offer to the next guy

1 week later
#148 8 years ago

messages sent out to 9 of the 12 while the last 3 are shipping together so still need to calculate the shipping - be in touch soon.

currently not getting much feedback from payment notices so will hold on making any more mods after the next batch of tops (17 units) arrive and completed.

#150 8 years ago

Got my Snackbar mod from Swinks earlier this week and finally had a chance to install it today. A picture is attached.

The mod is very cool and is very, very well done.

It was snap to install too. Everything fit perfectly and the mod uses the existing, factory mounting locations and hardware that the snackbar plastic used.

It was very obvious to me that Swinks spent a lot of time engineering this to be as easy as humanly possible to install. "Thoughtfully engineered" is what came to mind as I was working on it.

The one and only thing that I had to do differently from the published manual was how I installed the flexible LED. I had to remove the light socket from the bottom of the PF, install the LED, feed the wires for mod up through the bottom of the PF and re-install the socket. From the top side, the LED was flush with the playfield and there was no solid part of it that I could grab on to in order to twist the LED into the socket. So I just did it from the bottom. The light socket is completely accessible and having to go at it from the bottom was not a big deal.

So there you have it. Kudos to Swinks for spending the time to create this mod. He did a great job and I'm extremely happy with how it came out and how it looks in the game. IMHO - it's worth the money folks.

ShootTheSnackBar(Mod)_(resized).jpgShootTheSnackBar(Mod)_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-snackbar-mod-v20/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.