Creech 004 (resized).jpg
Creech 020 (resized).jpg
Creech 014 (resized).jpg
P1040139 (resized).JPG
IMG_5925 (resized).jpg
index-7 (resized).png
index-6 (resized).png
index-5 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cyrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

Very cool, gents. I just looked at a Creech tonite and the Hologram is gone. I did not think that replacements were not available. Was about to move on until I saw the thread. Now reconsidering. Thanks.

#19 7 years ago

Lol. It made much more sense when I was typing!

Found the figure unboxed on EBay for a steal. This is a great fix and will suffice until Mike D sells the upgrade again or if the hologram ever gets reproduced at a reasonable cost.

Now that I have a solution for the hologram I made a deal and pick up the game on Monday. It all came down to Pinside and an action figure!

Best,

Cyrus

#25 7 years ago

Look who arrived today from Minnesota! Lol

Got to get some fishing line and some wire. Will try to get him installed on the weekend.

Did anyone remove any of the original equipment, other than just disconnect the power to the mirror and the panel?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no all the original hardware can stay in, though slide the holo and mirror out to avoid creating weird reflections etc. Dsiconnect motors and then splice into the holo lamp feed and relocate to the hardware near the window. Yell out if you need any other help.

I made one last attempt to salvage the original design. I got the lamp upgrade and the very pricey green lagoon plastic cover. The hologram can at least be seen now, but it is still purple and the quality is low. Crazy that we can't find cheap replacements for the hologram. But today going for sure to the action figure option. Gave the pf a good wax yesterday and ordered replacement plastics. That will do.
For now. My distributor called and Batman66 arrives next week. Busy month for pinball at my house!

#28 7 years ago

It took a while and need to tweak a little more, but looks much better than the purple and barely viewable hologram. Ordered some aquarium plastic weeds and will place on either side to hide the fishing line. Still a drastic improvement over the faded hologram. The green lagoon makes a huge difference. Just ordered new plastics. This restoration will be an ongoing project but the game plays great. I hate that multi ball!!!! Lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

I'm really enjoying seeing the different ideas for doing this!
I had my 8 year old Grandson over last night, and he was digging thru the DVD's for as movie to watch. Sure enough, he found CFTBL, and it was an automatic choice!! I haven't seen it in a year or so, and he'd never seen it. We had such a blast watching it. Such a GREAT movie that I highly recommend as a must see again (or ASAP) for any Creature owner!!

I have to admit--I've never seen it!! Might queue it up this week if it's on Netflix or Amazon. But, I had never seen an episode of The Walking Dead until the week I ordered the pro, now I'm a big fan.

#34 7 years ago

I took a page from Tullster and put aquarium weeds on either side of the action figure, more so to hide the fishing line. It looks much better but I need to straighten the figure out just a bit.

IMG_0428 (resized).JPGIMG_0428 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Great job! Wish I had the energy to do this haha.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will figure out a legit hologram replacement some day.

I actually broke down a few weeks ago and bought the replacement hologram from Pinball Decals. I got a small discount on the price. It was still expensive but it's a really good hologram. I have the halogen light upgrade but the LED flasher I got from Comet lights it up just as well, just not as bright. I was going to hold out for the Mike D upgrade but I have no idea when that is going to happen. The hologram was the last thing I needed to restore my Creech. I was actually really happy with the action figure but I started thinking that once Pinball Decals ran out of the hologram...would they be produced again, and if so, when? So...I have to continue eating ramen noodles for another few weeks to pay for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cyrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-figurine?tu=Cyrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.