Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by JayDee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CCAD3E69-13B1-4C5A-BF33-B9CEBB837000 (resized).jpeg
FE1AD0FA-9408-4423-9254-150D17D94951 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

I borrowed my technicians driver board and the same thing happened. But we realized the 2 motors on creature were stuck. So we disconnected them.
Still blew fuse.
So we disconnected the hologram bulb/light and it stopped blowing fuse on both driver boards as of now.

We also disconnected the color dmd I had running to rule that out.

Don't know what to look for next.

#2 3 months ago

I have a client that has several mods and a color dmd etc on thus title. It seems this particular game has the 12vdc maxed out and add ons will blow the fuse. He has the same issue esp when the hologram runs.

If a short on the holgram lamp socket is ruled out possibly look at powering the color dmd with its own supply.

#3 3 months ago

Had same issue with mine once I put color dmd in. Turns out the 12V circuit is notoriously close to overload on these machines and the new dmd pushes it to the limit. Change the hologram bulb to a LED. It fixed my issue and never blew a fuse since. Good luck

#4 3 months ago

This is what I used

FE1AD0FA-9408-4423-9254-150D17D94951 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

This is what I used
[quoted image]

I am ordering now.
Did you get cool or warm?

Also I mentioned above I disconnected the color DMD and still the hologram bulb blew the fuse..
I still want to get the LED which is an excellent idea.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I am ordering now.
Did you get cool or warm?
Also I mentioned above I disconnected the color DMD and still the hologram bulb blew the fuse..
I still want to get the LED which is an excellent idea.

I actually bought one of each because I’m OCD and ended up using the cool white because it seemed slightly brighter. I’m not sure what to say about the fuse blowing with dmd disconnected. My issue was the fuse would blow when the hologram ran with the color dmd. It didn’t blow with the original dmd though.

CCAD3E69-13B1-4C5A-BF33-B9CEBB837000 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 months ago

Just re-read your post, did you disconnect the bulb at the harness connector or just pull the bulb out? Maybe the issue is the bulb itself and not the whole socket assembly

#8 3 months ago

do you have any other mods on the game that pull power as that is one of the common causes like snackbar mod v1, speaker panel mod, mini tv or car mods?

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Just re-read your post, did you disconnect the bulb at the harness connector or just pull the bulb out? Maybe the issue is the bulb itself and not the whole socket assembly

disconnected harness only.
So maybe it is the bulb.

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

do you have any other mods on the game that pull power as that is one of the common causes like snackbar mod v1, speaker panel mod, mini tv or car mods?

I do not have any other mods.

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

So maybe it is the bulb.

Pull it and keep dmd hooked up and see what happens. Need to start somewhere and systematically work your way back to the power supply so to speak

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I do not have any other mods.

lift your playfield and check the wiring of the soleniod of the VUK as that can catch on the shooter rod and pull off and create a short if touching something else.

#13 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

powering the color dmd with its own supply.

How is this dome?

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

lift your playfield and check the wiring of the soleniod of the VUK as that can catch on the shooter rod and pull off and create a short if touching something else.

I will check in morning

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

How is this dome?

Done. I use pc 12v power supplies. Anout 20-30 from Amazon

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

So maybe it is the bulb.

Seem it blows with the bulb connected.
If I remove the bulb, it does not blow the fuse.

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

Seem it blows with the bulb connected.
If I remove the bulb, it does not blow the fuse.

That’s a good sign I suppose. Maybe all you need is the led bulb like I did.

#20 3 months ago

I was having the same problem with mine and what I did that seemed to work was 1: change to led bulb and 2: decrease the brightness on the color dmd
It might be worth trying

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from JayDee:

That’s a good sign I suppose. Maybe all you need is the led bulb like I did.

New bulb fixed it.
No more fuse blowing.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from GameVault:

New bulb fixed it.
No more fuse blowing.

Awesome! Glad to hear that!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside