Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skins
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I wanted to ask your opinion.

My CFTBL is the game I've owned the longest. I purchased it back in 94'. Some dip-shit scratched graffiti on one side, and the head corners are slightly damaged.

Can you let me know "if" these decals are the same? One mentions they are the newer "Next Generation" version.

Thanks!
Kerry

ebay.com link: Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Cabinet Full Decal Set Only Mr Pinball

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=baa&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-CFTBL-CABSETSS

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-cabinet-decals.html

Deep purple version; any thoughts / comments? http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=baa&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-CFTBL-CABSETSS-SPEC

#2 8 years ago

I will need decals for mine soon. I'd also like to know the differences of which is better

#3 8 years ago

I'm hoping others who have had experience with the different companies / products will chime in.

I've seen some Good, Better & Best decals... especially with Indiana Jones.

BTW: I'm not sure I like the purple ones. I'm more of a purist.

#4 8 years ago

None will ever be as good as the screened cabs so if you can, try to save the original with bondo and nice touch ups. If not the next gen decals are pretty nice from what ive seen.

#5 8 years ago

Put next gen on my shadow and they look great.

#6 8 years ago

The next gen decals I bought last time straight from PPS where just awesome compared to some decals for MM I had bought on EBay from a different supplier a year ago. I think I got some of the older ones and they were to glossy.

The new next gens are probably UV printed and they have a bit of texture which is very nice and the finish looks great. They aren't the same as screened though.

#7 8 years ago

A stupid question - what exactly are screened cabinets? In mid 90s WPC did they literally paint directly onto side of wood cabinet? So Essentially there is no decal on my game right now?

I have a faded WH20 and have been thinking about replacing with next gen decals too, but am (obviously) new to the process.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

A stupid question - what exactly are screened cabinets? In mid 90s WPC did they literally paint directly onto side of wood cabinet? So Essentially there is no decal on my game right now?
I have a faded WH20 and have been thinking about replacing with next gen decals too, but am (obviously) new to the process.

on my BOP...the Cab was decaled and the head was screened....noticed this also on a FT...

#9 8 years ago

Screened cabinets mean they painted the base coat on the cabinet and then used silk screening to apply the artwork. So essentially they were painted right on the cabinets. Each color is put down with a separate screen.

Silk screening is still done for tshirts, large runs of parts, etc. CPR uses it for their plastics and playfields

#10 8 years ago

Silkscreened cabs have a layer of vinyl laminated to the wood. Then silkscreened. Each color represents another screen/color.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-5-piece-side-art-are-they-all-the-same-see-links-attached and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.