Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Thestrangebrewer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys.
For a looooong time ago in a galaxy i had a cftbl for short time, it was beaten, i was an amatur i hated the theme and gameplay, got traded with a starshiptroopers.

Now years later i have tryed a nice cftbl at a frinds place, learned about the rules and just fell in love with the gameplay.

Tommorrow i am picking up a cftbl. Olny pic i got is the one you guys also see.

Its from a barbershop, owner got it for free back in the days, never played for 15 years. She tells me its got a lightshow. Keys are missing. Only info i got.

I am allmost certan about acid damadge. My friend tells me check the snack hole for wear.

Where else does cftbl have usual wear? What to look for?

Cant open coin door, really sucks to buy like this, shes goin out of business and wants the game out asap.

She asks for around 1000usd, its not much i know.

If the game cant start new game, no keys, does the game advertise with the monster? So i can see that is works and moves??

Thank you guys

image.jpg

#2 3 years ago

It does not advertise with the hologram but for $1000 that is a great buy with a little TLC you should get it up and running. One of my favorite games!

#3 3 years ago

Also the Snackbar plastic is usually broken but you can buy all new plastics for relatively cheap!

#4 3 years ago

How does the creature move?
My friend does not move at all only light green.

Is it controlled by coil og more complex engine?

Is the whole system replaceble?

#5 3 years ago

Broken ramps or cloudy lagoon (they're pricey), broken plastics, the VUK drop by the right flipper is another spot of high wear, I believe the hologram lights up on occasion in "attract" mode, whether or not it set up in attract mode is another question. I would bring a replacement lock, then drill the old one out. If you still want it, all is good. If not, replace the lock and move on.

#6 3 years ago

Watch "Pinball Mods # 5 (Pinball Mike D Creature From the Black Lagoon Video Mod)" on YouTube

#7 3 years ago

Okey. Thats just crazy. Whats the pricce on that?

#8 3 years ago

Just got home with my new cftbl.
Okey, cabinet looks great, allmost mint condition 9,8/10

Turned game on, gi worked, nothing on the DMD, after little time, DMD worked, we turned game of and and couple of times, and DMD came on perfect and really bright. What could couse this? Game has not been used in years.

The spring was brocken at plunger for over 10+ years, and it stiid still since then. Stood in a barbershop.

I unscrewed backbox lock, opend to look at the battery, it was a big round greeen battery, no corrotion, all boards looks like new and unchoutched, me friend checked all numbers were matching, everything in the backbox looks untoutched, only a new warrantytape from 1993 did not look fabric. no burned connectors.

Seller had no keys, could not open glass to pf, game started factory settings, it wanted credit to start game, coulden try the pin. Snackbar hole has minim wear, no wear at balldrop at right side as told here, thanks.

Game looks unused, i am a really lucky owner of a creature now, i will disassamble it, order new parts, and clean the game, i will upload end resoult soon, thank you guys for your info and help

#9 3 years ago

Sounds like a great find. Congrats! Creech is one of my favorites.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks

#11 3 years ago

Awesome find. These games are hard to find especially in nice unfaded condition. Hard to tell on the cabinet but it looks good from the pics (is the hotdog purple or brown...hahaha...my first one had the purple hotdog and found one that was brown and with hot pink PF)...Enjoy the game. One of JT's best.

#12 3 years ago

You can open the coin door using any Bally key as a bump key. As long as it fits it should work.

Congrats on the purchase. Even if you have to buy a new DMD and a full set of ramps you are way ahead of the game.

#13 3 years ago

Thanks guys.
DMD is perfect.
I should start disassambling til pf today, it ended ud with allmost two hours of play instead. Love my pins. Love my gameroom

2 months later
#14 3 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Okey. Thats just crazy. Whats the pricce on that?

about $400 plus the TV monitor ($100). It's a cool mod- MikeD is great about responding with questions or problems.
pretty easy for a novice to install too....
I had to replace the SD card of the mod but it works good now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 279.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 28.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 399.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
4,700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Hillsboro, OR
9,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside