View topic image gallery

B_R_.jpg
CFTBL_and_the_Creature_LOL.jpg
CFTBL.,.jpg
CFTBL,.jpg
CFTBL_pf.jpg
CFTBL_pf.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Picked up a creature week or so ago and just noticed there are lights in the pop bumpers, but it didnt really seem like much to I learned that they dont come that way. So that was a nice thing to discover that someone already added that mod to the game. Pop bumpers only light when they are hit.

Thinking about getting the DMD bezel mod with the tail lights - any other must have mods?

#2 12 years ago

They are not suppose to have lights by design. The dude is stuck in the trunk wacking it to get out. He even says "Its dark in here"

I personally like games the way they were designed...but just my .02

#4 12 years ago

I love the way mine turned out. The DMD animations still make sense even with the lit bumpers.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-pop-bumper-mod

Mine also had the green ramp chaser lights when I got it.

#5 12 years ago

Yeh whoever did the mods on mine made them flash when the ball hits they are not hooked up to the GI - but still has a very cool look

#6 12 years ago

I was super tempted to do the flasher mod, but it was too involved. Do you like the effect?

#7 12 years ago

I am actually in the middle of having the mod installing now (too involved for me too), thus I can make mention of my feelings on it afterwards. Yet, from what I saw via YouTube it looks great so long as one does not suffer from epilepsy (and I do not mean that as a joke)...

#8 12 years ago

I went to pick up my CPU for Goldeneye and the guy had a CFTBL in his house.. I asked the Long Haired guy if he wanted to sell it , It had a few lines out on the DMD and the Hologram was missing..
he said $ 15 , I offered $ 1400.00 .. White chaser light's , and i wondered why no Light's were in the Pop's.. I've been lOOk-n for a Creech for 3 yr's , I sold it not long after i Shop'd it , The Draw just wasn't there.

CFTBL_pf.jpgCFTBL_pf.jpg CFTBL_pf.jpgCFTBL_pf.jpg CFTBL,.jpgCFTBL,.jpg CFTBL.,.jpgCFTBL.,.jpg CFTBL_and_the_Creature_LOL.jpgCFTBL_and_the_Creature_LOL.jpg

#9 12 years ago

The creature is different kind of game. It doesn't speak to everyone. Short ball times, brutal outlanes, very focused goal. Some machines will let you get the high score without hitting the wizard, CFTBL is not one of those games. If you don't get the super jackpot, you don't get high score.

You can get a decent score with the "Move Your Car" or the "Unlimited Millions," but the only way to break the bank is with a Super Jackpot with a 3x or more multiplier.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

The creature is different kind of game. It doesn't speak to everyone. Short ball times, brutal outlanes, very focused goal. Some machines will let you get the high score without hitting the wizard, CFTBL is not one of those games. If you don't get the super jackpot, you don't get high score.
You can get a decent score with the "Move Your Car" or the "Unlimited Millions," but the only way to break the bank is with a Super Jackpot with a 3x or more multiplier.

I don't make friends when I talk about my feelings on cftbl

I hope you enjoy it, and can stand not slitting your throat watching all those repetitive kiss animations, and.... I better stop...

Enjoy

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I hope you enjoy it, and can stand not slitting your throat watching all those repetitive kiss animations, and.... I better stop...

Yeah... I'm not that good at pinball. I only watch them one or twice a game.

#12 12 years ago

lol atomicboy. showing class and taking the high road on this machine

#13 12 years ago

Hey B R ! I didn't know you had a ponytail!!!

#14 12 years ago

Hey B R ! I didn't know you had a ponytail!!!

Quote: I asked the Long Haired guy if he wanted to sell it ,,,,, That's NOT me Pinbell ......

B_R_.jpgB_R_.jpg

#15 12 years ago

Just kidding!!!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Thinking about getting the DMD bezel mod with the tail lights - any other must have mods?

I have several mods including the pops(wired to GI, orange caps to match the lane guides with teal skirts); LEDs in ramp, magnetic reed switch in the bowl; green LED flasher from Pinball Life for the hologram lamp; lighted shooter rod; star-post lights; custom topper (see here:

); under-cabinet lighting; and another cool mod with a cold cathode uv light in the back which really makes the fluorescent colors in the backboard pop.

I am still waiting on Pinbits to finish the speaker panel mod. That will definitely be a must-have!

Shawn

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I have several mods including ... custom topper (see here:

);

Nice topper Aveolous!

What's the story on it?

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Nice topper Aveolous!
What's the story on it?

Thanks for the compliment!

So, I am a huge fan of the Drive-in movie theme and the snack trio (or quartet) ties in very well. I was lucky enough to find those fugurines on an online home theater accessories store (sadly NLA as of the last time I checked). I wanted to include the 3D aspect so I bought some anaglyph 3D glasses and fabricated a small pair for the hotdog. I added the chasing rope light for some illumination as well as to give a small amount of animation to the topper. I have since added spotlights for the figurines but haven't updated the video as I dont have bulbs that I like yet.

It's crude and definitely not for everyone, but I find it quite charming.

Shawn

#19 12 years ago

"It's crude and definitely not for everyone, but I find it quite charming."

I thought your CftBL topper mod looked great! If you sold it, I would get a set for my machine.

#20 12 years ago

Yeh I can see how creature is not for everyone but for me I just keep going back to play over and over, it reminds me of a system 11 game like funhouse or whirlwind, the rules are basic, you know what you have to do - but doing it can be very challenging. It a nice break from LOTR or other deep games, with 10 games in the collection it fits nice, with one game It wouldnt be my top choice.

Artwork is A+

great job on those mods like the snack guys you have up there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.