Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190713-215444_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-215506_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

<type your bug report here - please try to be as concise as possible!>

Cannot access Pinside from my Android phone running Chrome. Same internet connection works on my PC using chrome tho.

ERR CERT DATE INVALID

Screenshot_20190713-215444_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190713-215444_Chrome (resized).jpg Screenshot_20190713-215506_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190713-215506_Chrome (resized).jpg

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#2 4 years ago

Getting this on my desktop (windowswith chrome and firefox as well

#3 4 years ago

Same! Desktop

#5 4 years ago

Same on iPad and iphone

#6 4 years ago

Thanks guys--we're aware of the issue. Once Robin is back online and has a chance to take a look at it, I'm sure he will be able to correct it fairly quickly.

#7 4 years ago

Ooops, someone was not paying attention to their SSL cert reminders. Robin, just use Certify with Letsencrypt.

#8 4 years ago

Had to set my system date to yesterday to visit the site.

#9 4 years ago

Setting my computer's clock to Eastern Time (rather than the proper Central Time) allowed me access.

#10 4 years ago

same issues for me... i just rolled my computer's date back 2 days to access. (can't get on pinside from phone now)

#11 4 years ago

Same problem for me. I have only been able to access from Firefox, configuring access to unsafe sites and now from Chrome by changing the date of the computer.

#12 4 years ago

Seems to be fixed, thanks Robin & Mods

#13 4 years ago

Sorry about this, the auto certificate updater failed. I was able to restart it from a terminal on my phone, phew!

#14 4 years ago

Hey, you do use lets encrypt! Nice

#15 4 years ago

F@&$ me! I had to spend time with my family!!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry about this, the auto certificate updater failed. I was able to restart it from a terminal on my phone, phew!

Can you elaborate more? I'm new to lets encrypt and it's used on a web server at work. Someone before me set it up but i just used it to get a new cert since we were able to secure an addtional domain. Is there something I should keep an eye out for on why it failed? Were there any warning signs it wasn't renewing properly. I assume it tries to renew multiple times before the cert fully expires.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

Can you elaborate more? I'm new to lets encrypt and it's used on a web server at work. Someone before me set it up but i just used it to get a new cert since we were able to secure an addtional domain. Is there something I should keep an eye out for on why it failed? Were there any warning signs it wasn't renewing properly. I assume it tries to renew multiple times before the cert fully expires.

They use lets encrypt which completely automates the certificate renewal process for you. Certificates are usually valid for 90 days and renew 30 prior to expiry. However, the client sometimes fails or requires attention (i.e. because of new ToS). Monitoring certificate expiry should catch this but probably did not exist or failed for pinside.

#18 4 years ago

It worked if you went incognito in your browser

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/certificate-error-accessing-pinside-from-android-chrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.