Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Working on a Prospector, and whenever I plug it in (power switch was bypassed), a few coils fire. The two that I've noticed are the right pop bumper (which is DC) and one of the chimes (AC). They're not locking on, they just pulse once and then are fine. I had the chimes off the unit to clean them and the chime plunger flew at least three feet in the air and landed on the ground outside the machine. Other two chimes and bumpers don't do a thing. Have no idea what could be causing it.... The playfield doesn't even have power at that point since the game over relay is off?

#2 1 year ago

Well of course I figure it out as soon as I post.. Bumper switch was closed, that chime was the one for 100 points. Noticed the 100pt relay was also sitting at 1 afterwards. Apparently the game over relay was unlatched every time for some reason, Lock relay would always latch it immediately, so only the quick pulse.

Note to self: don't adjust pop bumper switches when the playfield is upside down

#3 1 year ago

That'll do it! (and unless it's a different kind that does a physical latch/toggle sort of thing, a latch really only is a secondary coil so I'm not surprised it dies out with the game off)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 36.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 164.99
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside