(Topic ID: 243001)

Ceramic Pro

By Extraballz

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A7A510C-4C16-42C4-BF2E-79F35F8E56F9 (resized).png
    D6C6534C-4255-42E5-A138-D81EFEE9E696 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have the more expensive version from Modesta on my car and its amazing.

I have Opticoat ceramic on my car and I concur...amazing stuff. But ceramic coat isn't really impact or scratch resistant. No more than a good coat of wax is. So not sure the value on a PF.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

The stuff I looked at had a scratch resistance of 9H. That’s pretty tough stuff. Like I said might not be feasible but I,m just spitballing here.

https://avalonking.com/blog/the-truth-about-ceramic-coatings/

9H is better than nothing, but it's not impervious to scratches. I'm not knocking your idea...it's a good one. Just not sure how well it would apply to a steel ball.

"Most newer coatings for cars are typically rated 9H on the pencil scale. This is the highest possible scratch resistance, however… 9H Ceramic coatings for cars are not thick or flexible enough to absorb the impact of a rock hitting your paint at highway speed or to resist against someone purposely trying to scratch your car."

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

I doubt it’s all marketing. Ceramic coatings like this were originally designed by NASA so I don’t believe they are all hype.They also have light version of this product that last a couple years I believe. This is the ceramic coating I was already aware of and was hoping for a more durable version. I,m not looking for better wax. I,m looking for better clearcoat or alternative although not sure a heavy duty ceramic coating could be used as a stand alone clear but it seems like some of these higher end ceramic coatings are actually bonded to your paint/clear which could be much better than wax.Like I said this product might not work at all but I,m interested in a better mousetrap.

The prior poster wasn't inferring that the product is all marketing. It's the warranty that is all marketing. Lots of companies now offer "lifetime" warranties, that are nowhere near lifetime. So many exclusions, pro-rates, limitations, it's near impossible to get a claim. Same with those cheap surge protectors you buy from Monster. The warranties are hardly ever honored. Here's a link to Ceramic Pro's warranty. Pay attention to the limitations, exclusions, etc.

https://ceramicpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CP-AfterCare-Warranty-Digital.pdf

I thought this one exclusion was funny...This is under what they DON'T cover "Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surface, hard water spots". Isn't that what this product is supposed to prevent??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ceramic-pro?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.