(Topic ID: 243001)

Ceramic Pro

By Extraballz

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8A7A510C-4C16-42C4-BF2E-79F35F8E56F9 (resized).png
    D6C6534C-4255-42E5-A138-D81EFEE9E696 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilushka85.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I have the more expensive version from Modesta on my car and its amazing.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Appreciate the input. I feel like I heard most auto clear is like 2-4H but maybe more flexible which might be needed.

The biggest advantage of ceramic on a car vs wax is that it lasts for years 3-10 depending on the coating and thru washes. Pinball playfields are not exposed to the same elements as cars like rain car washes and sun. So I doubt it would be any better than wax or the standard clear coat. Wax typically stays on a playfield for a long time and given the cost of a good ceramic coating I doubt it’s longevity on a playfield compared to wax makes sense.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

The ceramic coat I,m looking at is permanent I believe. I think there are lesser versions that are more like a wax/sealant. What I,m (and probably everybody else) looking for is the unicorn. Something closer to the old Diamond Plate finish. Technology in coatings can change over time so it’s good to always be on the lookout.

Having done ceramic coatings on multiple of my exotic cars none are permanent and ceramic pro is nowhere near the best of the available coatings for longevity or otherwise.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Here you go.[quoted image]

It’s all marketing. They provide lifetime warranty when applied by a dealer and it’s next to impossible to get anything from them. No coating lasts a lifetime. It will probably last forever in a pinball machine. But wax lasts pretty long too

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilushka85.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ceramic-pro?tu=Ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.