Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D898AE9A-50C9-4EC7-BA29-1271535259FA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Played a Bally Eight ball at the York show with a power ball... ball got hung up in the left entrance gate... that left lane with the spinner and access to the top rollovers is an important aspect of the game, so in this case it just didn’t work.

#18 5 years ago

That had nothing to do with the ceramic power ball but instead the steepness of of the game.

Not following.. why would the playfield angle affect the ball hanging on the left entrance gate? The power ball obviously had the inertia to clear that gate 100x over... you could tell when playing that the entrance gate functioned inappropriately when the power ball slammed into the gate flap...I’d be more inclined to believe it’s more about the design of the gate flap hardware in combo with the physics of the much lighter, non-stock ball in motion; these games weren’t designed or tested with lighter balls... I’m sure this isn’t the only negative fallout from other games when using the lighter ball.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed playing the game with the lighter ball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ceramic-ball-in-an-em?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.