• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by weeze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4923 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

History of the Game: Picked this one up about 6 months ago, sitting packed up for a while before I ever found it. Not 100% working at the time when purchased, but I have gone through the entire machine, cleaned, gapped, and put an eye on everything to make sure the obvious was addressed. Fired it up and I have all lights, all score mechs work(manually), coils work on the PF, and all standup switches and pops register a score as well.

Problem: The relay bank that is involved with the #2 and #4 Rollovers and Target were cooked beyond recognition(schematic included). I believe I found the cause as a there were two stuck switches and what I believe was the wrong fuse in the cabinet(blown), I replaced both coils. I also found a light socket barely touching a switch mount, so spaced that one too but not sure if that was causing anything wrong before I got it. If I manually depress any of the standup targets or rollover switches on the play field, the lights go out as designed but there is no score. There is power to the reset coils on the banks(1-5 and 6-10), it resets when all lights/targets have been achieved but again, no score goes to the reels. The two center targets work and score no problem BTW, its just the 10 upper stand-ups and most of the rollovers.

I am wondering if something has happened down stream due to the cooked coils? All switches have been inspected, all contacts cleaned and are making good contact, all fuses inspected replaced, Jones plugs scoured and shiny. Where to look next? Never had an issue with a signal NOT being sent to the score reels before.

Im traveling a lot through Sunday so I may be slow to test out any directions sent to this problem, but I will respond
Thanks!

IMG_4923 (resized).jpgIMG_4923 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

No bell ring, no score reel turn, just a click of the lights going off.

It did not work before either. I assumed changing those two relay coils would have been the answer but it wasn’t.

#5 4 years ago

Howard, on start up the 1-5 and 6-10 reset coils reset and any score reel not at 0 will turn to 0.

The S relay is located in the middle of the 6-10 relay bank and is labeled SB, there is no S relay labeled in the game. If I hit all the 1-5 targets/rolovers the 1-5 relay bank resets, the M relay is silent, no score. If I hit all the 6-10 targets/rollovers, both the 6-10 and 1-5 relay banks reset, the M relay is silent, no score.

#8 4 years ago

Howard, I found the S coil, it is cooked too! Long of the short, there was only one relay that wasn't marked, that one, because it go so hot it burned off the label. I did match the wire colors as you suggested. A trick I knew of but didn't think to use....thanks for jogging it back into my brain! So I am in search for a A-9735 coil lol. It is assumed this is why the signal to score has not been going to the back box. Once replaced if anything else is amiss, I willl report back, but I am confident this one is solved!

With this knowledge, is there anything else I need to check down stream that could be cooked also? All score reels score manually for sure so they are working. I don't see anything on the schematic that lead to anything else that doesn't appear visually damaged.

Lastly, I am coming to the conclusion someone put in a larger than required fuse and a switch locked on causing these three coils to cook.

#9 4 years ago

Game works 100%! Thanks for the assistance!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/central-park-issue?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.