• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_033 (resized).jpg
IMG_032 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

There are four rollovers that are supposed to give you 30 points. Which they do... but every once in awhile give 40 points. I'm actually hoping someone who owns this title has seen such a thing on their game. Because I have looked everywhere for this. Motor points, series relay, ten point relay, score reel. The tens score reel had some issues, so I took it apart, cleaned and replaced anything that looked suspicious. I don't think it's the tens reel anyway because the yellow and green targets score flawlessly 'every' time on any increment, including when on 30 points.

#2 3 years ago

It's a tricky circuit. To help narrow it down,
- does the extra 10 points happen occasionally for both of the 1-3-5 rollovers?
- does the extra 10 points happen occasionally for both of the 6-8-10 rollovers?
- does the S/Series relay fire 3 times when the rollovers correctly score 30 points?
- does the S/Series relay fire 4 times when the rollovers occasionally score 40 points?

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Ok gang 30 point scoring is achieved with a rotation of the score motor, contact 1A provides 5 pulse for a 120 degree rotation. We only need 3 out of the 5. B or C relays close with the rollovers and then cont 2C closes briefly during the rotation then 4B closes briefly then 1B closes briefly (all at different times in the 120 degree rotation. Central park didnt have a timing chart but here's one off of SkyJump. You can see how the three bottom positions on the timing chart would generate 30 points.

So with that said, why 40 points? My guess is one of your 3 contacts is gapped a little close and not opening quickly enough and occasionally scoring an extra 10.

Go inspect 2C 4B 1B (power off etc) and maybe buy a cir diagram.

IMG_032 (resized).jpgIMG_032 (resized).jpgIMG_033 (resized).jpgIMG_033 (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

I had that happen on my CP but it was giving fewer points. Turned out to be the P relay (B&C Relay Delay relay).

#5 3 years ago

First, let me say, 'thank you' to all who responded to this post.

I'll report back if I can solve this elusive problem.

Thanks again!

#6 3 years ago

To find which one of the three contacts could be causing the issue... tape off 2 out of the three contacts and see is the occasional extra 10 goes away. How to find which contact in the stack? Look for the wire color codes either side of the contact...

Is that how you'd do it MikeO Team EM?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

To find which one of the three contacts could be causing the issue... tape off 2 out of the three contacts and see is the occasional extra 10 goes away. How to find which contact in the stack? Look for the wire color codes either side of the contact...
Is that how you'd do it MikeO Team EM?

Thank you for that... I did that test after corresponding with MarkG. along with some other things he suggested.

I have ruled out the motor points and the tens score reel by the process of elimination.

I am turning my focus now to the series relay as the most likely culprit.

2 years later
#8 1 year ago

For the life of me I cannot find the "P" relay. I have a schematic but all my decals that show the letters on the relays are gone. Can anyone send a pic of the relay in question? I am stuck on 40 points 100% of the time

#9 1 year ago

I have a CP you nut bar, just text me

#10 1 year ago

Got the pic! Thanks honey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/central-park-30-point-rollover-scoring-problem-?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.