• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,
I have a separate post trying to diagnose my issue (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-twister-knocked-out-dmd), but posting a help wanted add in case there is anyone in the area that could take a look in the near future. Recently picked up a working Twister but the DMD was out when I setup at my house.

I reseated all connections and replaced the display board fuse, still trying to figure out what's the issue. This is my first DMD machine and I'm not that electrical, so feeling my way around with help from the forum.

Anyone in the area with an understanding of Sega DMD machines (Repair person or experienced hobbiest?) that could swing by to try and diagnose the problem? I'm in Lebanon/Clinton area right by I-78 & US 31. I can pay or have Sam's Octoberfest on draft if you prefer.

Anyone?

#2 8 years ago

try paul drabik at wannapinball.com
tell him anthony from randolph referred you

#3 8 years ago

Seconded Paul is the best.

#4 8 years ago

Paul is pretty cool....in a nerdy sort of way...

#5 8 years ago

Paul Drabik is terrific.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Thanks for feedback all!
I had Paul out at my place this Monday, and he identified the problem as the Display Power Supply board. It looked like the board had been repaired in the past but Paul was only able to have limited success re-repairing the issue, and instead located a new replacement board for me online. Board was received today, I installed without issue, and happy to report that issue resolved!

I couldn't have identified the issue on my own and Paul was great, and I already gave him a heads up that his assessment was spot on. Will keep his number handy for future.

Thanks all!

#7 8 years ago

Great news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/central-nj-techhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.