2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

centipede_arii (resized).jpg
centipede_power (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hi Fellas,

Any thoughts on a value for this game. Working condition, new monitor, side art good, will need new CPO. Buying with intent to clean it up, keep for a while and then sell.

Thank you

George

#2 2 years ago

Depends on the monitor. You said new but does that mean a new LCD monitor? If it is an LCD, is that monitor intended for arcade use or was it originally a computer monitor that was just mounted? If it is CRT, is the whole monitor new or just the chassis? If its just the chassis that is new, is it a junk generic chassis or a trusted brand like Wells Gardner or something similar?

CPO is about $50 but pretty easy to replace.

How is the trackball? Is it gummy at all? Still brilliant white?

Centipedes swell very badly on the bottom left and bottom right sides. I know you said the side art is good, but the cabinet might be very swollen. Also on either side of the control panel I often see it swollen there too.

Does it have the high score save kit? Not a huge deal if it doesn't, it's only about $20, but trying to get a figure here.

Has the ARII been rebuilt?

#3 2 years ago

$300-$500

#4 2 years ago

Assuming a non LCD monitor and decent condition, probably 400 to 600 depending on the buyer. Centipede is my favorite arcade game but unfortunately not a super rare one or very hard to find.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks very much fellas. Had the seller send me some detailed pics and I have since passed. It is a mess. Using an Asus computer monitor and poorly installed from what I can tell. Thanks very much for the very detailed info. Hey fph, what is an ARII kit? Still would like to secure one of these and will refer back to this thread when the opportunity reveals. Thanks again guys!!

G

#7 2 years ago

The ARII board is the power supply. It is referred to as AR 2 and sometimes searching AR 2 will shows results as well in search engines. For the game to be reliable it needs to have been rebuilt. It's incredibly simple to do and the kit usually costs less than $15.
Here is the photo of what it looks like (2nd photo) and where it's located. Also, in the other photo, you'll see a large blue capacitor, called Big Blue, by the transformer. It's also important for that to have been replaced. You'll be able to tell because the replacements aren't actually blue, they are black. They cost about $10.
Most collectors prefer the original monitor, or any arcade CRT really, still be in it. LCDs typically lower the value.
Message me anytime for more info. I'd be happy to share what I know.

centipede_power (resized).jpg
centipede_arii (resized).jpg

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Thanks very much fellas. Had the seller send me some detailed pics and I have since passed. It is a mess. Using an Asus computer monitor and poorly installed from what I can tell. Thanks very much for the very detailed info. Hey fph, what is an ARII kit? Still would like to secure one of these and will refer back to this thread when the opportunity reveals. Thanks again guys!!
G

if its cheap enough, throw the computer monitor in the trash and find a crt for it. if they did not mess up the mounting, it should be trivial to get a crt back in there. depending on where you are, a centipede is $500+ game. Replace the cp overlay. I would not replace side art. if it needs new side art, pass. if it has water damage, pass. MAybe ask the guy if he still has the original monitor. g07 is fixable and doing a tube swap is possible.

I think arcadeshop sells a big blue that is grey. I have only bought my big blues from bob roberts which are black. So if its not the light blue color, its probaby been replaced recently.

recapping the ARII and possibly repining the edge connector are things that should be done. You can also look up sense mod and decide what camp your in if its something you want to do.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

if its cheap enough, throw the computer monitor in the trash and find a crt for it. if they did not mess up the mounting, it should be trivial to get a crt back in there. depending on where you are, a centipede is $500+ game. Replace the cp overlay. I would not replace side art. if it needs new side art, pass. if it has water damage, pass. MAybe ask the guy if he still has the original monitor. g07 is fixable and doing a tube swap is possible.
I think arcadeshop sells a big blue that is grey. I have only bought my big blues from bob roberts which are black. So if its not the light blue color, its probaby been replaced recently.
recapping the ARII and possibly repining the edge connector are things that should be done. You can also look up sense mod and decide what camp your in if its something you want to do.

FYI Bob Roberts has been closed since October, any other idea on reliable parts sources? I need a rebuild kit for a WG monitor.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

FYI Bob Roberts has been closed since October, any other idea on reliable parts sources? I need a rebuild kit for a WG monitor.

I switched over to Ian Kellogg and Arcade Shop LLC. Arcade shop doesn't have their caps on their website so you have to call and tell him what you are rebuilding.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

besides arcadeshop,

zanen electronics

http://www.darkstararcade.com/mars/trouble/part/monitors/fixitkits.html

competitive products

http://www.competitiveproducts.com/landing.php?q=cap+kits

there are a few guys who sell cap kits on klov too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 6.00
$ 89.99
$ 64.00
$ 64.00
$ 15.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside