(Topic ID: 164072)

Centigrade 37 Restoration/Seller Accolades (pinhead52)

By AvidListener

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GS_2_(resized).JPG
GS_1_(resized).JPG
Centigrade_37_Before_And_After_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I want to thank pinhead52 (Ken) for the fantastic paint work and other restoration steps he performed on a Gottlieb Centigrade 37 I purchased from him.

The before and after photos below (same machine, different locations) show the beautiful cabinet painting, and he also went well beyond my expectations with his attention to detail and in addressing the hardware needs.

As many likely already know, Ken is an outstanding restorer and friendly community member/seller, but I also wanted to share my great experience.

T

Centigrade_37_Before_And_After_(resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Thanks T

And to pass along the thanks, Jeff at Pinball Pimp makes really fine stencils. Now if only he'd do Far Out . Saves me 6-8 hours of labor in creating my own.

Used Montana Black: Pink Panther, Montana Black: "Yellow", and Rustoleum Heirloom White as the base.

(And new backglass from Ron Webb finishes it off)

#3 3 years ago

That is a beautiful C37. Congratulations on the new addition and kudos for pinhead52 for another great restoration!

Marcus

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Thanks T
And to pass along the thanks, Jeff at Pinball Pimp makes really fine stencils. Now if only he'd do Far Out . Saves me 6-8 hours of labor in creating my own.
Used Montana Black: Pink Panther, Montana Black: "Yellow", and Rustoleum Heirloom White as the base.
(And new backglass from Ron Webb finishes it off)

Glad someone else think Heirloom white is the correct choice over bright white!!!!

#5 3 years ago

Kudos to Ken

Not only is he a great restorer but he goes out of his way to help others in the hobby with parts, etc.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Glad someone else think Heirloom white is the correct choice over bright white!!!!

I use Montana Gold Shock Cream. It's not the bright white and I think Montana paints are just superior to Krylon and the rest of the usual suspects. But I agree, the bright white is not correct.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I totally agree... nothing looks more out of place on an EM Restore like a bright white base on a cabinet, except for maybe webbing in a can.

#8 3 years ago

I'm using Heirloom White on my Gold Strike project. It's serving me well so far. Good recommendation, Ken.

GS1
GS2

#9 3 years ago

Looks nice leckmeck

#10 3 years ago

I love the overspray. Just like factory!

#11 3 years ago

Sweet game, enjoy!

#12 3 years ago

Yes, very nice consistent overspray. Nice speckling too!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 11.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 157.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside