• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200715_110511 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200714_220531 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Just bought a centigrade 37 I knew it was not working. When I turn it on only the backbox lights up and the score motor is buzzing loud. I am walking thru http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#check. The backbox says it it has 15 games but i am not sure how to add credits. The black wire is cut, What should it do? Also whats up with the bar and silver tape? More importantly what should I do?

IMG_20200714_220531 (resized).jpgIMG_20200714_220531 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The disconnected coil in your picture is for the coin lockout mechanism. It makes sure the game returns coins to the player if they try to insert money when the game is turned off. A lot of home-use games disable this mechanism (by cutting the wire) because the plate can buzz loudly when the game is turned on.

The broken bar is part of the coin lockout mechanism. It looks like somebody tried to tape it back together. You don’t really need to concern yourself with the coin lockout. It does not interfere with starting the game or playing it.

Here’s a good tip for you: whenever you see a black cloth-insulated wire on a coil, that’s the return path to neutral. The non-black wires on coils are color-coded so you can find them on the schematic.

15 is the maximum number of credits you can put on Centigrade 37. You can’t add more credits until the replay unit decrements one of those credits.

What happens when you push the red button on the coin door?

#3 3 years ago

thanks leckmeck . No response from the red button.

#4 3 years ago

Does the score motor turn freely by hand? The buzzing suggests its jammed up. If not you need to fix this by you or someone. One the score motor is fixed that will be a big step.

#5 3 years ago

pinhead52 yes while the game is turned on if I give it a push past the stops it spins freely and on its own to the next stop. Also I misidentify the buzzing it is coming from the W - second choice relay.

#6 3 years ago

I don't have a schematic but is the W relay a coin chute relay. If yes that suggests a coin chute switch is closed.

#7 3 years ago

EMsInKC you were right the schematic say second chute not choice. This looked suspicious so I put some paper to block the contact and the relay stopped buzzing. I tried to add credits on both shoots. The second shoot did nothing due to the blocked contacts but when adding credits to the 1st shoot it set off the buzzing to the relay.

I think the short in the pic is coming from the the broken rod in my first pic which adds tension to the arm.

IMG_20200715_110511 (resized).jpgIMG_20200715_110511 (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

stuck coin switches account for a bunch of issues. now with those fixed nothing happens with credit button? if that is the case. then possibly contact on credit wheel not closed/dirty. the one that opens a zero. you can also activate tbe start relay by ha d and see if that starts it up

#9 3 years ago

Red button is not working. Not sure what I am looking for on credit wheel. When I bump the start relay the score reel spins and the roll over assembly moves but nothing starts. the start relay buzzes very loud until you turn the game off.
I moved the top plunger on the credit reel which caused the games to go down if I turn it on after I do this the score reel spins but I get nothing after that.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Red button is not working. Not sure what I am looking for on credit wheel. When I bump the start relay the score reel spins and the roll over assembly moves but nothing starts. the start relay buzzes very loud until you turn the game off.
I moved the top plunger on the credit reel which caused the games to go down if I turn it on after I do this the score reel spins but I get nothing after that.

On the credit wheel there are two switches. One for maximum credits that opens at usually 15 (it is adjustible) to stop the game from adding more credits, and a zero position switch that opens when there are no credits left on the game and opens the circuit to the start button.

Based on your posts about the score reels you have a lot more issues than just the start button not working.

#11 3 years ago

EMsInKC different game

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

emsinkc different game

We're not talking about C37 now?

#13 3 years ago

Yes still this thread is about about c37, I think you are referring to another thread you helped me with about score reels to a royal guard.

#14 3 years ago

Now when I bump the start relay it spins the score motor once and the hold relay stays locked. It does not stay locked in if i move the jones plug on the tilt adjustment to off. Which i think is normal?
Possibly unrelated or not important, whenever I turn it on the tilt and game over are flashing.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Now when I bump the start relay it spins the score motor once and the hold relay stays locked. It does not stay locked in if i move the jones plug on the tilt adjustment to off. Which i think is normal?
Possibly unrelated or not important, whenever I turn it on the tilt and game over are flashing.

tilt and GO normal for power up. otherwise it would pickup where the game left off

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

That behavior for the hold relay is normal. Putting tilt to off with the jones plug makes the hold relay drop out when the game tilts. This is the most punitive setting for this game. When set otherwise, the hold relay remains engaged so you can continue a game.

Like pinhead52 said, it’s also normal for Tilt and Game Over to be lit on the backglass when you turn on the game.

#17 3 years ago

I'm lost. My reference to score reels in my replies was about your issues here.. LOL

3 weeks later
#18 3 years ago

Previous owner had replaced the hold relay with wrong one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centigrade-37-not-turning-on?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.