Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

The title says it all. The game works perfectly, except it always goes immediately to Game Over when the kickout hole is hit.

I've checked all the relay leaf switches for proper make/break, twice now. So I'm reasonably confident those are ok. Since the kickout hole requires the score motor to run I think the problem might be there, but it runs fine otherwise. I'm officially over my head with EMs on this one.

Any advice?

#2 7 years ago

If you don't hit the kickout hole, will it play a full game of either 3 or 5 balls? When the game ends do the playfield GI lights stay on? If not, it might be a slam tilt switch causing the problem.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

If you don't hit the kickout hole, will it play a full game of either 3 or 5 balls? When the game ends do the playfield GI lights stay on? If not, it might be a slam tilt switch causing the problem.

It plays normally in all respects, except the kickout hole. The playfield lights do stay on when the game ends.

I had the same thought: I went through all the tilt switches several times.

#4 7 years ago

This turned out to be an intermittent connection on one of the Hold Relay switches, so my original assumptions were incorrect.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

This turned out to be an intermittent connection on one of the Hold Relay switches, so my original assumptions were incorrect.

Thanks for getting back to answer this thread. I was wondering what the answer would be!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centigrade-37-game-over-when-kickout-hole-switch-hit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.