• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5632 (resized).JPG
IMG_5631 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Well...after playing the game for a bit I noticed that when the red and yellow are paired on 100 and the center target is hit, no points are added. I manually tried all combinations and 100 is the only one that does not work. The subway doors open, but no points are added. The score reels will count up from 90 to 100 and if the center target is hit at 200 or 300, it scores properly. So I am guessing the 100's relay is OK.

Because the score motor does not move when the yellow or red bumpers are hit, I have eliminated it as an issue. It points to the 0-9 stepper or where the current flows to when the 100 is paired. I have cleaned and checked the stepper pins for alignment. Help appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

For the 100pt relay to energise when red and yellow inserts are paired, the current has to pass through the wipers and rivets on the advance units - these are stepper units under the playfield, one for red and one for yellow.

Check for broken wires, bad connections between rivets and wipers, gummed up wipers.

The circuit in question is the green-yellow wire on the red unit, the yellow-red wire between the stepper units and the orange-green wire on the yellow unit.

"L" is the 100pt relay.

Hope this helps, Richard.

IMG_5631 (resized).JPGIMG_5631 (resized).JPGIMG_5632 (resized).JPGIMG_5632 (resized).JPG
#3 5 years ago

Thank you Richard,

It will be later in the day before I can dig into it.
Don

#4 5 years ago

Cleaned the right and left steppers, looked for damaged wires, cleaned related relays. Still no go. Unless there is some ideas as to what to check, I am going to have to create a check list with the wires and locations to check for breaks and or voltage. Feels like a Aspirin headache and so I am going to put it off for now.

The game is otherwise usable and the probabilities of that score begin hit are low. I have owed the game for 49 years with the last 10 to 15 in storage. So I am going to have some fun with it and share it with my grandson.

Thanks,
Don

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/center-target-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.