Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6310 (resized).JPG
IMG_6317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from AdjustFailure:

Well it is a SS Evel, and I did clean the switch contacts with fine emery and contact cleaner, however the suggestion re capacitor does make sense to me, I will check this tomorrow. I had the feeling the root cause was too-brief a signal based on a fast and quick hit and rebound off the switch contact, given that it works otherwise fine with a slower or angled hit.

Inspect the switch contacts closely the gold plating is most likely gone or compromised. Don't use emery on gold plated switch contacts. The most aggressive you can get is a pencil eraser, and most of the time whatever dirt is on a gold plated contact can be cleaned with a business card or other piece of paper.

You still need the capacitor though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 22.50
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/center-target-on-evel-knievel-direct-hit-not-registering?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.