(Topic ID: 328261)

Center post mod for Godzilla Premium?

By john-from-az

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

avengers-godzilla (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Hello...does anyone know if there is a center post mod (Genie) for Godzilla Premium and if so, what site? I see there is one for Avengers but it doesn't say that it will fit Godzilla.

Thanks in advance for any reply!

#2 1 year ago

I know it's not what you're looking for but if you're struggling why not just increase the number of balls and ball save times

#3 1 year ago

I had visions of you drilling your playfield and was sad, but that mod is actually a clever idea.

I compared the playfields in Photoshop, the spacing looks the same. And same designer for all 3 games, would make sense that he wouldn't change the flipper gap and inlanes he likes.

But keep in mind Godzilla doesn't have 3 posts through the inlane plastics, so one hole wouldn't be used.

Honestly I'd just email Pinball Life and see if they can't make you one for Godzilla, if everything lines up they'd just need to cut a new plastic minus those two holes.

avengers-godzilla (resized).pngavengers-godzilla (resized).png

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I had visions of you drilling your playfield and was sad, but that mod is actually a clever idea.
    I compared the playfields in Photoshop, the spacing looks the same. And same designer for all 3 games, would make sense that he wouldn't change the flipper gap and inlanes he likes.
    But keep in mind Godzilla doesn't have 3 posts through the inlane plastics, so one hole wouldn't be used.
    Honestly I'd just email Pinball Life and see if they can't make you one for Godzilla, if everything lines up they'd just need to cut a new plastic minus those two holes.
    [quoted image]

Have you compared Ghostbusters to Godzilla? The flipper gap was wider and that is what inspired the center post mod to help improve the gameplay.

Not sure, IMO, Godzilla needs a center post mod, I have a Godzilla Premium and a Ghostbusters Pro and would say GZ plays perfect.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Not sure, IMO, Godzilla needs a center post mod...

God no.

#6 1 year ago

Judging by how long Zilla games take in leagues/tournaments I've been to lately, I don't think that game needs a center post...

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have you compared Ghostbusters to Godzilla?

No, but I'm not sure why I would do that? This is the mod we're discussing: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0126-00

Quoted from Collin:

I don't think that game needs a center post...

Me neither, but it's a harmless non-destructive mod. Maybe it's to help young kids get to play more.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

No, but I'm not sure why I would do that? This is the mod we're discussing: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0126-00

Me neither, but it's a harmless non-destructive mod. Maybe it's to help young kids get to play more.

That is the same way the GB center post mod fits as well, just giving another example of where a center post mod was used for reference. I get that you are trying to do a quick swap method.

I am sure someone could make a Center post mod for GZ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/center-post-mod-for-godzilla-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.