Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ibis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

All coils fire in test and there are no switch errors(all switches respond in test too). But in game, balls are not being released into the underwire trough to be ejected to the play field when Orbs are collected. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 8 years ago

Mine does this too. I think it's just a crappy design, but I've never looked into it. Typically I just lift the playfield up and manually push the release plunger to release the 4 balls onto the playfield. Lower the playfield and let the balls reload into the trough. This seems to do the trick for awhile. If the game sits for a few weeks, they get stuck again. Maybe some dirt or a divot in there. Some day I'll look into mine. But for now, this seems to work.

#3 8 years ago

It is not mechanical, the coils fire and release the balls and shoot them onto the plafield from underneath during test. But by playing a game the balls do not release as the game should dictate once your collect and 'release the orbs'.

#4 8 years ago

Then I'm not sure. I checked to see if there was a setting to maybe shut off ORBS but I don't see it. Here I thought the solenoid was firing, but not kicking balls out. That's what mine does.

#5 8 years ago

Mine does this when one of the trough wireforms gets behind one of the balls and then sits between two balls. So, even though some of the trough switches are closed, one of them isn't and the software will never energize the gate and therefore never energize the up ramp kicker coil.

Just releasing one ball via the gate while the playfield is up fixes my issue since this ball then rolls onto the playfield and gets cycled back through.

#6 8 years ago

Sounds like that could be the problem, the trough wire forms are pretty bent up. Ill take a look in the morning and report back as soon as I can. Thanks for the insight!

#7 8 years ago

I had an issue where the balls would not kick to playfield. I honestly don't recall if they worked in coil test. I had several broken solder joints on the expansion board next to the trough. I fixed those up and haven't had any issues since.

#8 8 years ago

Ok, the first switch was not being triggered by the ball entering the trough. I fixed that and verified it was being activated in switch test. Still no luck. I wonder if one of the game settings can be made to not utilize the Orb feature? I read the manual it doesn't state this unless I missed it. It has an Altek board in it too.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Ok, the first switch was not being triggered by the ball entering the trough. I fixed that and verified it was being activated in switch test. Still no luck. I wonder if one of the game settings can be made to not utilize the Orb feature? I read the manual it doesn't state this unless I missed it. It has an Altek board in it too.

There is a setting related to the "Guardian" feature but not the ORBS feature. Each time you complete O-R-B-S in sequence, it should serve another ball onto the playfield.

#10 8 years ago

Ok thanks for the input guys. I figured it out. One of the switches that registers the ORBS drop target was not registering. I cleaned the contact and now a ball is ejected onto the play field once ORBS is completed in order. Thanks for the help guys, if something else happens Ill let you know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaurorbs-not-kicking-to-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.