(Topic ID: 268121)

Centaur Upper Ball Gate - Exit Shooter Lane?

By MtnFrost

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dellis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200507_212410 (resized).jpg
image-31 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi - I'm seeing a gate exiting the orb release tunnel (shooter lane), but the pictures I've found don't show how it's attached. My old playfield doesn't seem to have any screw mounting holes where you'd expect - is it a special mount? Thanks. Here's an upper PF image from IPDB for reference. Thanks!

image-31 (resized).jpgimage-31 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

There isn't one? Strange, but it just sits above the plastic ???

EDIT: Actually This is confusing. Do you not have a slim post under the plastic above it? The bottom portion, you can kind of see it in the pic, is longer than normal and has 2 holes that get long screws through it, and the wood rail.
The confusing part is mine has a post above, but I thought I saw another that didn't, and the top just hoverd over the plastic.

Anyone?

#3 3 years ago
20200507_212410 (resized).jpg20200507_212410 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

So it's a special part the lower tang (?) is long, being held in place with two screws into the wooden rail. I can see those screw holes on mine, now that I know what to look for. What about above? I don't have any screw holes up there on the other side of the metal guide - absolutely sure about that. Does it just float?

You guys are awesome, thank you for sharing!

8 months later
#5 3 years ago

Resurrecting this thread because it's got a great pic of the part I need.

Just LED-ed and replaced the plastics on my Centaur, and I was somewhat perplexed as to how this upper ball gate should be attached--it doesn't fit right under the plastic. Turns out, I've apparently had the wrong ball gate assembly on there since the day I bought it (about 15 years ago!).

The manual lists the part number for the assembly as ASE-2250-99. Marco doesn't seem to have it. Anyone know where I can find one (or have one they'd like to sell me)? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-upper-ball-gate-exit-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.