• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Centaur Ball Guide Set (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Bump! Any volunteers?

I can do it. Are they crazy big for shipping? Guess I'll find out when I take them off.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

See if he would be willing to add/offer the spring steel extra ball flap to the kit for an extra small fee. Thanks.

I included the multiball flap when I gave Mantis my ball guides. Sounds like we might get that part in stainless spring steel (not blue).

#31 5 years ago

For what it's worth, I also included the shooter lane kickout protector which I believe is generic for several games of that era. At least for Flash Gordon right next to my Centaur, it appears identical.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Those are available from gatecrasher

Oops!

Quoted from RazerX:

Is Kerry making the under playfield habitrail for the ball launcher too?

Not that I know of. I didn't loan him mine. Does he normally do habitrails?

2 months later
#37 5 years ago

Dumb question, how many ball guides does Centaur have? Normally I could just count mine, but the ball guides are away for reproduction right now.

1 week later
#41 5 years ago

Don't pull the trigger on that just yet. I'm currently testing the fit, and there are issues.

1 month later
#43 5 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Any updates, how are these coming along? Thanks

I sent the originals back to Mantis so he could make adjustments. No news since then.

2 months later
#46 4 years ago

Caveat emptor: I test fit two different sets of these for Mantis. In the second set, one of four guides fit well. The other three ranged from "you can force it to fit if you hog out the woodrail holes" to "no effing way." For the most part they're too long, but not at one end where you can just trim it. The extra length is spread throughout the guide, making everything slightly (or more than slightly) off. You can see the altered curvature of the new guides on a used playfield where the marks from old guides are clearly visible. It's also easy to spot the discrepancies when you hold an original guide next to a repro.

The L-shaped tabs need their mounting holes enlarged (or moved in a future revision). All the holes are a bit too far back, pushing the guides forward a bit and reducing the width of shots. This is correctable by the end user, not a dealbreaker, but definitely worth mentioning.

I recently returned the second set, so chances are a third (better) set hasn't been made. I'm sure you can "make these fit," especially with new wood rails free of existing holes, but I'd much rather spit-shine my original guides and have the game play as designed.

I don't feel great leaving negative feedback for Kerry who worked hard on these and is a great guy, but I declined to use them in my game, even for free, so I thought others should be made aware of possible issues.

For what it's worth, the two non-guide pieces in this set are perfect: multiball launch flap and shooter lane kickout protector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-stainless-steel-ball-guides?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.