(Topic ID: 70333)

Centaur 'Say It Again' Replacement Boards- Third run in production!

By matthess

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MtnFrost
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6479 (resized).JPG
IMG_6480 (resized).JPG
Production.jpg
2014-12-22 20.34.19.jpg
2014-12-22 19.32.04.jpg
IMG_20131116_113959_191.jpg
263px-SquawkAndTalk-61BRevision.jpg
Say It Again_Complete.jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I have been waiting for one of these as well. Hope Big Daddy has some soon!

#52 4 years ago

good to see Big Daddy back and more boards on the way. should be in stock next month.

looking forward to hearing some reverb!!!!

#53 4 years ago

Good work again Matthess I actually completed my PTA2399 layout if anyone here likes doing pad-per-hole or etching their own boards. I've been working on a pin-for-pin compatible replacement boards for SAD chips lately using Cool Audio Panasonic MN chips.. Now if I could only figure out a cheap way to replace Curtis CEM chips, I'd be rich.

10 months later
#54 3 years ago

I know this thread is a bit old but some sellers still have these boards. Is this something that's going to be in consistent production in the years to come or is it limited? Now, I don't have a Centaur yet but, since it's my grail game, I fully intend on getting one at some point. I know the issues with the original board and am wondering if I should just spring for this board to have just in case the original one (if it has one) has issues that are difficult to address (unavailable chips and such). Just looking for some thoughts. Also, when I finally get a Centaur, I'll be hooking it up to an external amp and speakers so will the added adjustments be helpful? I'm assuming the original doesn't have the ability to adjust delay and distortion with the reverb? Please correct if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

2 years later
#55 1 year ago

Adding to a very old post - but does anyone have a PHOTO of how the daughter board connects to the rest of the pinpall? I specifically want to know where is the cable connecting between the two boards (S&T and replacement). I need a clear photo and a description of where the cable can be found. I found a connector to plug into the replacement board, but didn't see the other. Thanks

IMG_6479 (resized).JPGIMG_6480 (resized).JPG
#56 1 year ago

I think I found it - it's part of the cables in the body, not the head. Four wires in the connector that fits the lower right corner of the S&T that lead to a five pin connector for the replacement board?

#57 1 year ago

The interconnect harness is documented in the manual which is online. I think if you search S&T, there were photos posted here before.

Its basically two shielded cables to feed line audio in and out.

#58 1 year ago

As I recall, you are correct since it has the two speaker wires at the end of the connector.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

The interconnect harness is documented in the manual which is online. I think if you search S&T, there were photos posted here before.
Its basically two shielded cables to feed line audio in and out.

Thanks, I'll search again, too. I didn't find images the first time.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside