Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-12-22 19.32.04.jpg
sia.pdf (PDF preview)
SIAR.jpg
BALLY_AS2518-81r_news.jpg
Say It Again_Complete.jpg
siaa.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strikesandspares.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 9 years ago

Wow, neat one. Doesn't the board look almost like this? https://coinop.mally.eu/produkt.php?details=1&bestellnr=102527
BALLY_AS2518-81r_news.jpgBALLY_AS2518-81r_news.jpg

These boards were discussed long time ago here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-strikesandspareseu-a-good-vendor.

So, to let people know, just attach a sticker "Pirated in US".

nn!nn

1 week later
#83 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Yep, that is identical to Clive's design using the long obsolete Holtek IC. I hope you got permission from him to use that layout, funny how it didn't change at all. Nice Bally logo on there too. I'm sure you contacted them about using that as well. I'm generally not a prick about these sort of things, but this one is just too obvious, so I'm calling BS. With the PT2399 available as cheaply as it was in 2004 or whenever that one was released, it would make no sense to use an obsolete and more expensive IC to do a board run, not to mention that it needs a separate IC for RAM.

Ha, funny to see you guys sticking together when it comes to issues on your side.

Well, regarding the board you probably have seen the predecessor on our site showing a different pcb.

We designed the board 1997 !!! a couple month after the Holtek IC was intoduced (March, 1997). We sold the former board (revision A) up to 2003 which unfortunatelly lacked an opportunity to mount the board reliably to the existing holders. Then, 2004, we changed the pcb layout to fit the holders, however, the schematics remained the same. See?

You are right, the PT is now cheaper than HT, but stocking more than 2500 HTs we keep the design another couple of years, hope you can stand it.

You better read the board printings again then, even when barely passed high school, you gonna see my name and not BALLY

@BloodyCactus

Quoted from BloodyCactus:

you do know, Bally published the schematic right?

Better investigate this assertion again

I'm done with u guys,
farewell dudes...

SIAR.jpgSIAR.jpg

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

hey.. bally schematic for SIA! attached. two page pdf (only page1 shows as an attached image).

sia.pdf 145 KB

yo, that's the schematic for the original BALLY SIA, which is a completely different design and technology to the assembly discussed. So what?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strikesandspares.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-say-it-again-inexpensive-replacement?tu=strikesandspares and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.