(Topic ID: 16270)

Centaur Price Estimates Please, Pics Up!

By Rick471

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

centaur.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
1-centaur_028.JPG
1-centaur_023.JPG
1-centaur_021.JPG
1-centaur_020.JPG
1-centaur_017.JPG
1-centaur_009.JPG
1-centaur_008.JPG
1-centaur_004.JPG
1-centaur_001.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Okay finally got pics uploaded, Opinions pease. The pin works fine, no issues

#2 11 years ago

Okay here they are!

1-centaur_001.JPG1-centaur_001.JPG 1-centaur_004.JPG1-centaur_004.JPG 1-centaur_008.JPG1-centaur_008.JPG 1-centaur_009.JPG1-centaur_009.JPG 1-centaur_017.JPG1-centaur_017.JPG 1-centaur_020.JPG1-centaur_020.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Couple more

1-centaur_021.JPG1-centaur_021.JPG 1-centaur_023.JPG1-centaur_023.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Sorry to bump, but I may be selling this one for a friend soon

#5 11 years ago

It might help to describe any refurbishent work, replacement parts etc. Looks like a CPR p/f and original plastics. Drops look new too. Cab and coin door look great. I actually like how the backbox LEDs were done.

#6 11 years ago

Okay, the only thing I can tell that have been done is it has Pinbits displays and some led's.

I can get into the machine more later this week, but havent yet.

#7 11 years ago

gosh what a beautiful pin. The black white and reds are awesome, i could look at the fine details in the comic book style artwork forever. As far as a price is concerned i have no idea what they are going for $1200 - $1500 depending on your area market...just guessing

#8 11 years ago

There was one at Allentown that was not even close to being as nice as this one and they had a price of $2000 firm on it. It did sell on Friday also.

#9 11 years ago

playfield looks great, don't think it's a cpr.
cab looks good and solid.
backglass is good.
no broken plastic, from what i can see.
nice and clean machine.
sold mine 3 weeks ago, same condition for $1700.

#10 11 years ago

Beautiful pin, I have been wanting a Centaur forever!

#11 11 years ago

$2500

#12 11 years ago

Never saw a non-CPR p/f that doesn't looked yellowed. Maybe it's the photography.
If its original it looks nice in the pics. The value depends on the p/f. Original with near perfect p/f probably almost same value as new one. I wouldn't sell my CII with the unloved cab design, with a new CPR p/f and plastics installed for less than $2700. Just sayin'

#13 11 years ago

Never saw a non-CPR p/f that doesn't looked yellowed. Maybe it's the photography.
If its original it looks nice in the pics. The value depends on the p/f. Original with near perfect p/f probably almost same value as new one. I wouldn't sell my CII with the unloved cab design, with a new CPR p/f and plastics installed for less than $2700. Just sayin'

Hmm, playfield is not perfect by any means, but it is in really great shape. Not a CPR playfield, original. 1-centaur_028.JPG1-centaur_028.JPG

#14 11 years ago

+ 1 @ $2,500

#15 11 years ago

That's gotta be one of the nicest original playfields I've seen in a Centaur. Most are yellowed. Really nice looking game overall. I agree that $2500 seems about right.

#16 11 years ago

I've seen Centaurs similar to this sell near me for $3000+

#17 11 years ago

I love my Centaur. It's one of the best players from that era. There's a reason most Centaurs look like this:

IMG_2188.JPGIMG_2188.JPG

#18 11 years ago

When I was doing the swap on mine, I was shocked to see even the p/f section that had NEVER been exposed (under the side rails) was the same yellowed colour. Not sure if that is how it was originally or if that is how it changed chemically over time despite exposure to air/light. That's why I am confused that this one looks so white. Maybe it's the camera/flash??

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from wbradley:

When I was doing the swap on mine, I was shocked to see even the p/f section that had NEVER been exposed (under the side rails) was the same yellowed colour. Not sure if that is how it was originally or if that is how it changed chemically over time despite exposure to air/light. That's why I am confused that this one looks so white. Maybe it's the camera/flash??

Hmm again! Maybe it was swapped before and my friend just doesnt know it. Are there cpr markings I. Can check for?

#20 11 years ago

That's definitely not a CPR playfield but it is possible that a NOS playfield was installed sometime between 1981 and the present time. I'm also puzzled as to how it stayed so white. Maybe the thinner/less humid NM air?

#21 11 years ago

Some stay white, a very few but some did. Perhaps there was a difference in the ink used on the playfield between the beginning and ends of the run? Mine was almost that white but had a lot of ball swirls initially that make it look more grey.

I'd be curious to see if the playfields in Centaur 2 stayed more white?

#22 11 years ago

Will your friend be willing to ship?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Will your friend be willing to ship?

Yep. I will be doing the sale for him. Probably a small fee to pallet/wrap the machine.

#24 11 years ago

I'm definitely interested.

#25 11 years ago

I have a Centaur II and the playfield was yellowed everywhere including where it was coverred with the wood side rails. I found that out when I removed them to do the p/f swap. It's hanging on the wall now. I will post a pic later tonight. I'm guessing either they used different ink in the screening or exposure to cold at some point maybe?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I'm definitely interested.

Okay, I will have the machine in about an hour and I will take better pics so you can see it all. Ill get some closeups done as well as cabinet left and right sides.

Im gonna do a light shop on it since he said it hasnt been shopped in about 6 months.

1 week later
#27 11 years ago

Update on this?

#28 11 years ago

Sorry. Just got the pin in my home late last week. I was looking it over and the MPU has some bad corrosion. Instead of delaying the sale, I ordered a new MPU from Alltek. I should have it today and then I will list it for sale. Board is pricey but worth it!

Update as soon as i do!

#29 11 years ago

$2,350 would be very fair. Surprisingly nice cosmetic condition.

#30 11 years ago

Yikes dang board going to drive up the price some, oh well, still interested

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

There's a reason most Centaurs look like this:

Attachments IMG_2188.JPG (439.7 KB, 0 downloads) 1 week old

There is NO reason a playfield should look like that, regardless of how many plays! Thats just "NEGLECT!"

#32 11 years ago

If that was ball wear you would see it at the flippers. That's either a mylar pull, chemical cleaner damage or serious buffer burn.

You'll probably get 2.5k if it's shopped. It's nice.

#33 11 years ago

shock_me said: There's a reason most Centaurs look like this:
Attachments IMG_2188.JPG (439.7 KB, 0 downloads) 1 week old
There is NO reason a playfield should look like that, regardless of how many plays! Thats just "NEGLECT!"

I've seen a lot of Centaurs that looked like that! I think it's a combination of getting played hard as well as an attract mode that kicks all 5 balls out every 15 minutes while on location. Here's one that I almost bought a couple years back.

centaur.JPGcentaur.JPG

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Yikes dang board going to drive up the price some, oh well, still interested

PM sent vster23! First crack at it!

Also has a few new plastics that I will throw in, no extra charge.

#35 11 years ago

I would think this title and condition should go for 2000-2500.

If you were local I would consider it at 2K. very challenging game from that era and I like the dark artwork as well.

#36 11 years ago

Woo Hoo! thanks Rick471!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Woo Hoo! thanks Rick471!

You bet! Deal being made with vster23. This pin looks to be sold!!

#38 11 years ago

nice buy....warning that machine is so wicked...it could just kick you arse...One of my favorites!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

£ 195.00
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-price-estimates-please-with-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.