(Topic ID: 32991)

Centaur Price Check

By nocreditdot

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What is a restored Centaur going for these days? This one looks beautiful but the price seems steep. Whats been the norm on this title?

ebay.com link: 1981 Bally Centaur Pinball Machine Fresh Highest End GRC Restoration WOW

mike

#2 11 years ago

Granted, he has a ton of new parts, but $9k is a lot of money, probably several thousand over the cost of those parts and a base game. It all depends how much you think his restoration is worth over the cost of someone else. Does he have a lot of experience with classic Bally restorations, or is this a one time thing?

Just looking at the pictures tells me I would have to play this one first, since his flippers are aligned about a quarter inch too high. Very minor point, but it tells me that he doesn't know the right spot for the flipper bat alignment on a Centaur. Just brings other questions to mind. Playing the game would answer those questions and give me a better idea what this restoration is worth.

Brian Bannon

#3 11 years ago

not a bally, but that pin was just completely restored by GRC a few months ago for a customer... just like the centaur has been. go look at the centaur in person, its really nice. i will be checking it out later this evening

#4 11 years ago

Fully restored Centaurs are typically $4-5k

#5 11 years ago

The seller is mike, who is famous for his eBay auctions that showed female models in all types of poses with the machine he was trying to sell. From my experiences, I have nothing good to say about him. Overpriced and his restorations are not HEP quality but certainly HEP priced. Billy bob does his work "on the fly" and you get what you get with the restoration.

#6 11 years ago

GRC don't know "BOB." "BOB" don't know GRC but probably works for local junk pinflipper T*T. "BOB" has never seen a pin that GRC has restored. Another case of some dude claiming "overpriced" yet has no knowledge about what he's evaluating. "BOB" has likely never seen a HEP pin either therefore is unqualified to make any comparisons. GRC cabinet restorations are done (not by "Billy Bob.") by Felix Cruz. Felix also does ("on the fly?") cabinet stencil paint for Doug Huse, often making unavailable stencils from scratch. The playfield was built by Ray Brackins. Challenge goes out to anyone to find negative evaluations of Ray's workmanship &/or expertise. "BOB" can kneel & "BOB."

#7 11 years ago

I think it's pretty well known that of you see an overpriced pin on eBay you should contact the seller in person to find out what the "real" price is. That being said, he is free to ask any price he wants.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-price-check-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.