(Topic ID: 266764)

Centaur Pinball -->only three flashes but MPU OK!

By Flippersammlung

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone. Recently I switched on my Centaur game and I only got three flashes on the MPU LED . I traced the problem down to the fact that when I pull off the "playfield" connector from the rectifier board in the cabinet, the machine starts as supposed (all seven flashes). The voltages on the rectifier board with only AC in are: TP1=7.4V, TP2=148,5V, TP3=12.2V, TP4=6.6 V AC, TP5=43 V.
    Any hint will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Best wishes
    Matt

#2 4 years ago

If you reconnect the playfield to the rectifier board, but disconnect J2 from the MPU board (J2 is the playfield switch harness), does the machine start ok with 7 LED flashes on the MPU board?

When you made the voltage measurements on the rectifier board, was the J3 connector for the backbox connected? If yes, the TP3 voltage looks low.

#3 4 years ago

"If you reconnect the playfield to the rectifier board, but disconnect J2 from the MPU board (J2 is the playfield switch harness), does the machine start ok with 7 LED flashes on the MPU board?"

Hi, thanks for the answer! That´s exactly what I did before I checked the rectifier board - and I got all 7 flashes!
    The voltage measurements on the RB were all done with only the two transformer connectors plugged into the board!
    Greetings
    Matt

#4 4 years ago

If disconnecting J2 from the MPU board allows the game to start properly, then you have a short circuit at one of the playfield switches to something else, possibly a switch short circuit to a lamp socket.

Lift the playfield and carefully inspect all the switches.

#5 4 years ago

Hi again. Thanks..I´ll try to fix it as soon as possible...I´m afraid it won´t be till mid May..lot´s of other work to do
    I'll keep you informed!
    Best wishes
    Matt

1 week later
    #6 3 years ago

Hi again,
    problem solved! It actually was the leaf of the left rollover switch touching the lampsocket near it!
    Greetings
    Matt

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-pinball-gtonly-three-flashes-but-mpu-ok?hl=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.