• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130615_221002.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I'd be in.

As an idea, any noted effort to improve the repro would bump the number of buyers another notch, as people have a tendency to upgrade.

#35 10 years ago

Keeping in mind Pinside looks to be heavily skewed toward DMDs, you can expect a good percentage of Centaur buyers will never see this thread. In other words if 60 sales are found here, I'd bet the full demand is closer to 90+, so a true presale gauge would be best put on the CPR site.

#42 10 years ago

This sounds like Stern's situation... they could choose to re-run older games for unmet demand, or keep all their resources devoted to developing new games. I do like the fact that they prefer to move forward, and it matches their business model as Stern runs some risk of cannibalizing new game sales with re-runs.

However I don't think CPR runs this same risk of cannibalizing sales. What we see is a never ending demand of one-off re-runs and CPR is the only one that has invested the effort into a proper repro for a very significant number of playfields, so it's a shame they don't have enough manufacturing capacity, or desire to expand enough to do re-runs without it getting in the way of the new run aspect of the business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-pf-cpr-re-run-interest-thread?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.