New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 53343)

Centaur PF - CPR Re-Run Interest Thread

By shimoda

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20130615_221002.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

In response to this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cpr-centaur-playfield-and-plastic-set-1100 where a centaur PF and plastics set is offered and then a few tributaries get going, I am opening this thread to show CPR the level of interest in another re-run of the Centaur PF. Anyone interested, post here.

#2 7 years ago

I'd be down. Although I wrote them a few years ago and was told it'd be a long while if it were to ever happen again.

#3 7 years ago

Probably one of the few numeric/alpha games that I would still consider owning. It would be a hoot to have a Centaur II with a new PF.

#4 7 years ago

I'd be in.

As an idea, any noted effort to improve the repro would bump the number of buyers another notch, as people have a tendency to upgrade.

#5 7 years ago

in

#6 7 years ago

I am in...

#7 7 years ago

In for sure.

#8 7 years ago

In for sure

#9 7 years ago

Yep, one more.

Steve

#10 7 years ago

Ill take 2x

#11 7 years ago

I'd take one, count me in. I did inquire about a year ago and CPR said they wouldn't be doing a Centaur PF "for a long time", so I honestly doubt this will happen.. but I hope I'm wrong.

#12 7 years ago

I'd take one.

#13 7 years ago

ill have one as well please

#14 7 years ago

I'd be in for sure!

#15 7 years ago

How about another run for black knight, with the correct inserts this time?

#16 7 years ago

Those Insert Molds (Jeweled) Don't Exist anymore, they are Long Gone. Had they been available Anywhere on the Planet we would have used them in the first run.....

Stu

Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

with the correct inserts this time

#17 7 years ago

I already have a CPR pf in my Centaur II but I think there would definitely be more than enough demand to satisfy another run. I WOULD pickup a Fathom playfield though, as I know there would be a lot of demand for those as well!

#18 7 years ago

I count 14 as of day one, what does that mean, do we need 56 or 86 more? And make that 15. If the plastics, PF, and BG are available, I'll just build one from scratch! somehow...

#19 7 years ago

I always hear stu talking about a rerun of pf's when I post mine for sale. It looks like there are plenty enough people for a re run, if not, sign me up for a dozen if that will make it enough to re run. I usually buy 4 to 6 of all of cpr's releases. Most of them are not the titles that sell out. I could wall paper my office with space shuttle and F2k pf's, not to mention cyclone and 8 ball.
So now I guess we see if it will happen.
Actually if it can be done stu, I have a couple friends that can be counted on to buy another 6 total. How many will it take, because I can get my customers interested.
Awesome, now I am excited!!!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Those Insert Molds (Jeweled) Don't Exist anymore, they are Long Gone. Had they been available Anywhere on the Planet we would have used them in the first run.....
Stu

I know, but they could have been remade, I'm sure. Even if the tooling for the mold was a thousand bucks, that woulda been less than 5 bucks per unit....

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

So now I guess we see if it will happen.

From the talk just on pinside in the last couple days, it sounds like this is a surefire recipe for printing money. Stu, take our money!

-Wes

#22 7 years ago

The cost to make 1 mold ( 1 Size, 1 Shape ) is about $ 3,000. Now multiply that times the amount of Different Sizes & Shapes & you end up with a Mold Fee of about $ 45,000 Just for the Molds > that dosent include the Cost of Producing the actual Inserts! So No, it's Not Cost Effective to make new Molds, which is Why we chose to go with Existing Molds for the Black Knight playfields....

Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

but they could have been remade, I'm sure. Even if the tooling for the mold was a thousand bucks, that woulda been less than 5 bucks per unit..

#23 7 years ago

Wes, it's not about that, it's Licensing (PPS takes 10% of the run as compensation for the Licensing), it's Timing (a 5th Run Prior to Other Titles getting a FIRST Run Shot), it's Inserts, It's Wood, and we Need to be Profitable with the run ( 35-40 is Breaking Even! ). So when there is a "need" in the community we will re-run them — but 25 people wanting them is not a Need, 100 People wanting them is a "Need" in the community. Just be patient! Work on other projects for now and when we do re-run them you can restore your pin at that time......

Why is it that we never see threads "Begging" PPS or Mirco to run Playfields ?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Maybe that should be a compliment to CPRs product. Looks like we are likely around 25. Yes, there are projects to be given first runs, I'm waiting for the BC run to actually start. It's listed as a short-run but I don't really know what that means. Hoping Pinball Inc. will make ramps for it then as well. As far as this one goes, perhaps once the demand is shown as sufficient, CPR could open pre-orders for a re-run and people will be glad to know that it will get done again.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Cuz ya'll are the best! Anyways, I'm a patient man, so when and if Centaur has another run in the future, I'll be waiting. As of now, I'm just stoked for that Paragon backglass run to be released.

#26 7 years ago

Paragon Backglass is up next!

Quoted from LilRocky:

I'm just stoked for that Paragon backglass run to be released

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

And on that note, my day has been made!

#28 7 years ago

Awesome, I'm in!

#29 7 years ago

Id be in for one

#30 7 years ago

I'd buy another, love the art on this one!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

but 25 people wanting them is not a Need, 100 People wanting them is a "Need"

but when a two day sample on one forum has hit 25% of target already .. it has to bear consideration.
The market has proved it values the CPR playfield at about $900-1000. So sell them as a premium re-run at $900 and now you only have to sell 67.. nearly half would sell on day 1. Hopefully the interest in this thread means its at least something CPR will give thought to doing one day rather than saying no more centaur re-run ever.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

The market has proved it values the CPR playfield at about $900-1000. So sell them as a premium re-run at $900 and now you only have to sell 67..

Im out if its 900-$1000, if its normal pricing I'd buy one.

#33 7 years ago

ok a fair point well made sir.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

Im out if its 900-$1000, if its normal pricing I'd buy one.

I would imagine they don't price them like this to keep it available to people. Most people won't buy if the PF is going to be 200-300 more dollars. I would rather us get the needed numbers at a reasonable price that suits everyone's needs rather than make fewer for a much higher price.

#35 7 years ago

Keeping in mind Pinside looks to be heavily skewed toward DMDs, you can expect a good percentage of Centaur buyers will never see this thread. In other words if 60 sales are found here, I'd bet the full demand is closer to 90+, so a true presale gauge would be best put on the CPR site.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Mine is almost perfect, but I'll be getting one of these anyway - like peace of mind insurance. I'm also hopeful we will hear some news about the playfield soon. There's a NOS Paragon playfield on ebay right now - bidding is over $700 with about three days left on the auction - I'm guessing it will go for around $1,000. ...tempting, but a bit too expensive for me.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

So when there is a "need" in the community we will re-run them — but 25 people wanting them is not a Need, 100 People wanting them is a "Need" in the community. Just be patient!

So, how do you know how many 'Need' them? A quick poll on pinside shows you could sell 25 to people reading this thread, pretty good indicator there is a stronger desire than those 25.

Look, the work you do and the work that CPR does is nothing short of outstanding, but right now there is no way for us to know if ANYTHING is ever going to get rerun, and you don't really have anything on your website that indicates where we even send our interests. I think it would be awesome if there was a way for us to see a 'history' of past CPR PFs and a way for us to indicate our interest. That way you guys get a good gauge on the interest level and could do a more effective job sourcing your supply chain for all those inserts/molds/whatever you need for future runs.

-Wes

#38 7 years ago

With about 400 emails daily we have a pretty good handel on what people want....

Quoted from copperpot:

That way you guys get a good gauge on the interest level

Typically speaking we don't want to re-run projects any sooner than 4-5 years apart, as we have so many other projects that take up valuable production time. Again > we currently have 65+ Projects that haven't had a chance at a First Run yet, let alone a 5th run. I understand that there are some people out there that want a Centaur Playfield, I get it, I really do, but your best bet right now is to just post a "WTB" thread and buy one from someone (not going to say 'Hoarder' because that just makes people whine to Kevin about me) that has one stashed away in a closet somewhere > there are a ton of them out there as we made 4 runs of these and only a handfull actually get swapped into a game....Search them out > that's what I do when I want something...

No other vendors/manufacturers have a listing of future re-runs either.

Quoted from copperpot:

right now there is no way for us to know if ANYTHING is ever going to get rerun

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

there are a ton of them out there as we made 4 runs of these and only a handfull actually get swapped into a game.

Sad but true. I have one of the white top Centaur playfields, and no donor game (yet). Sounds like the playfield might be worth more on the market than it is to me.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

With about 400 emails daily we have a pretty good handel on what people want....

Not necessarily. There are a lot of us out here who don't tell you what to do but buy a ton of your products. The noisy ones don't always follow through with the cash.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sad but true. I have one of the white top Centaur playfields, and no donor game (yet). Sounds like the playfield might be worth more on the market than it is to me.

Well if you wanna sell, send me a PM with a price~

#42 7 years ago

This sounds like Stern's situation... they could choose to re-run older games for unmet demand, or keep all their resources devoted to developing new games. I do like the fact that they prefer to move forward, and it matches their business model as Stern runs some risk of cannibalizing new game sales with re-runs.

However I don't think CPR runs this same risk of cannibalizing sales. What we see is a never ending demand of one-off re-runs and CPR is the only one that has invested the effort into a proper repro for a very significant number of playfields, so it's a shame they don't have enough manufacturing capacity, or desire to expand enough to do re-runs without it getting in the way of the new run aspect of the business.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

However I don't think CPR runs this same risk of cannibalizing sales. What we see is a never ending demand of one-off re-runs and CPR is the only one that has invested the effort into a proper repro for a very significant number of playfields, so it's a shame they don't have enough manufacturing capacity, or desire to expand enough to do re-runs without it getting in the way of the new run aspect of the business.

This^

Also, wouldn't it be great if Williams decided, hey let's remake MM, TZ, some other games. Dreaming again...

#44 7 years ago

I wish I could have a Centaur, let alone a playfield.

#45 7 years ago

Since we have CPR representation on this thread, what's the chances of an F-14 playfield ever getting done? I've seen a million trashed F-14 playfields in my lifetime. A Getaway repro would be nice, as well.

Wishes aside, a huge thanks for all you guys do at CPR!

Steve

#46 7 years ago

I'd be down for a Centaur as I just got one in a package deal. Has Paragon ever been done? I've never seen a perfect playfield in person, only in pics. They usually have some wear either at the bonus or under the kick-outs. I just bought two- would love to throw a new PF in each of those!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from matthess:

I'd be down for a Centaur as I just got one in a package deal. Has Paragon ever been done? I've never seen a perfect playfield in person, only in pics. They usually have some wear either at the bonus or under the kick-outs. I just bought two- would love to throw a new PF in each of those!

Regarding Paragon, Go take a look on ebay. There is a really nice looking cleared NOS available right now (not mine).

CHRIS

#48 7 years ago

So... Do any of you hoarders out there have a CPR Firepower backglass????

#49 7 years ago

Any hoarder (or anyone else for that matter) have a Centaur they want to unload? I don't care if the PF is trashed. pm me...

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Regarding Paragon, Go take a look on ebay. There is a really nice looking cleared NOS available right now

I was bidding on this - but didn't win. It sold for $1,376. ...damn, it was beautiful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside