Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

77AB6F0E-7880-406F-941C-D689E544AA15_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
centaur (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I recently acquired a centaur and had 3 of the ORBS drop targets break from the ball hitting them too hard and was getting pretty upset with having to continually replace them (3x in first week). I was only replacing the target that broke. I came up with a fix that so far has worked great and i thought i would share it. The pic enclosed is one example of what i did. On my latest 4 drop replacement , i put clear gorilla tape on the back as shown, but went all the way to the top of the drop . I trimmed out the tape to fit the back of the drop. Hopefully this can help on other bally games too.

centaur (resized).jpgcentaur (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

I recently acquired a centaur and had 3 of the ORBS drop targets break from the ball hitting them too hard and was getting pretty upset with having to continually replace them (3x in first week). I was only replacing the target that broke. I came up with a fix that so far has worked great and i thought i would share it. The pic enclosed is one example of what i did. On my latest 4 drop replacement , i put clear gorilla tape on the back as shown, but went all the way to the top of the drop . I trimmed out the tape to fit the back of the drop. Hopefully this can help on other bally games too.
[quoted image]

I recently saw someone saying they fill in the back with hot glue! Gives the target more support and can absorb the impacts better

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I recently saw someone saying they fill in the back with hot glue! Gives the target more support and can absorb the impacts better

I did this with E6000 glue and some small nails to fill the void on repro classic stern targets (not the fancy Swinks ones) and it works pretty darn well. Maybe not 100% but MUCH better than without .

77AB6F0E-7880-406F-941C-D689E544AA15_1_105_c (resized).jpeg77AB6F0E-7880-406F-941C-D689E544AA15_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 85.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 199.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-orbs-drop-target-breaking-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.