• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cheeks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170208_112218 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Balls for multiball get caught in the under-playfield wireform when the machine tries to launch them. Upon inspection, one of the rails pops out of the brackets that hold it in place. I can snap it back in and everything works fine for a couple games, but then it pops back out and balls get caught in it again. Is there anything I can do to keep the rail from popping out all the time?

20170208_112218 (resized).jpg20170208_112218 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

O.K. you need to do some work.
2) Repin the curricular part of each support bracket.( make sure the
--- round wire form is snug and can not pop out )!!!

Can you elaborate on what this means? If the open part of the wall is worn to where the wire can pop through, how to I end up making that gap smaller?

I assumed I could have it welded as John mentioned, but I assume it isn't ideal for those parts to be permanently attached.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You have to repin it. Do you have any manufacturing repair skills?

I'm handy in general and fix a lot of stuff on my own games, but given that I don't know what repin means in this context, probably not. I've re-pinned connectors (totally different concept) and other uses of that term, but I'm not sure how to repin these holes to close the gap and hold the wire firmer. That said, the game is unplayable as is, so I need to figure out how to do this / have someone do this.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I'm also curious about this. Translation problem maybe? In cheeks photo the rail has come out of several brackets. Why only that rail? Why would the same spot on each bracket be worn and the others be fine? Something hitting that rail during launch maybe?

I think it's mainly one that slips out during play to cause the snag, but they're all loose. The rail is out of multiple brackets in the picture because I pulled it away more than usual to ensure it could be seen in the photo. That said, the plain fact that is easily slips out of several brackets says they're all looser than they should be.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Do you have an anvil/vice, to pound on? You need to take the entire assembly apart.
Like I said, you are going to have to do a little bit of work. Take pictures of how everything goes together under the playfield so you have a reference point.
Do you have a flat tip punch??? preferably one that has a 3/16" to 1/4" Dia. end?
Take each bracket one by one and by using the anvil/vice and the flat tip
punch carefully redress the circular part of the bracket that is faulty by tapping the punch against the bracket very gently with a hammer.
You are pinning it. ------------CAUTION---------------
You do not want to over do it. You want the metal bracket pinned so as to
just grasp the round circular rail. You need to push the rail through the
cutout hole on the bracket.

OK, I understand what you're saying. Whether I have the metalworking skills to accomplish is a separate question.

Alternatively, is this a part I could possibly buy anywhere? I didn't see it listed in the manual to get a part number for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-multiball-launch-problem?tu=Cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.