Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I hear it randomly during each game. How do I fix it so it only comes on when one wins a free game? Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

What do you have your score level awards set to? They might be too low and/or not properly initialised. See printed page 8 of the manual.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks - That is a good idea. I will check it out and let you know.

#4 5 years ago

It turns out that there is no "Free Game Mode" on those early SS pinball machines like the Centaur. To avoid opening the cabinet door every time one wants to play and manually adding a game credit a low game score is added via DIP switches. This results in a free game each time one plays and as a consequence fires the knocker.

Is there a way to disable the knocker? I heard that one can disconnect it or just cut its live wire and tape it.

#5 5 years ago

Do you by any chance have an Alltek MPU board? If yes, they can be set to freeplay.

If you are technical in nature, there are ROMs out there with freeplay ability but you'd need access to an EPROM programmer.

Some people add an extra switch inside the coin door that connects across one of the coin switches to simulate a coin drop. They mount the switch so it's activated by the coin reject button or doubled up on the start button. There are pictures of them on this subforum but I can't seem to find them.

A working knocker is an important part of the Pinball experience for a lot of us But if you really want to disconnect the knocker, cut the black-white wire connected at the knocker lug and tape the end of the wire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 85.00
£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-knocker-question?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.