Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Many times when multiball starts, the trough kicker coil fires but the ball is not kicked out. After 3 or 4 attempts it stops trying. I have removed the apron and checked for obstructions, replaced the coil sleeve and checked the diodes but still have the problem. Also, I noticed many times the outhole kicker does not fire and all the balls pile up below the flippers. When I perform the solenoids self test I do periodically get the same issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 4 years ago

Hey Dave,

I think the issue may be that very first switch in the multi-ball trough. That switch ejects a ball when it is triggered, and if it does not click down all the way, they'll just pile up and do not shoot out.

I had to bend it upward slightly to get it to catch when the balls would drop into the trough. It may just need a small adjustment, or you could try and run a longer/different wire. It uses one of those little c-clamps to hold the wire in place, so you can thread a new wire through the switch and bend it to whatever shape works best to actuate the switch. I use galvanized steel wire that comes in rolls from Lowes.

Those trough switches are about as finicky as the T-Rex switches on JP. I spent a good hour playing with them until it worked consistently when I had it.

As for the pile-ups, sometimes that would just happen due to two or more balls draining and hitting that area simultaneously. It is hard for that outhole kicker to launch a ball when another one is butted up right against it, and it can affect how the ball lies in the trough and activates the switch there. Not sure how to remedy that. I'm sure another Centaur owner here has an idea to prevent pile-ups.

#3 4 years ago

The first switch in the trough (02) is causing a ball to eject every time it is closed even when a game is not started. That is not normal behavior is it? Once multiball is activated, it goes on for ever. Every time switch 2 is activated a ball keeps coming out.

Thanks,
Dave

#4 4 years ago

That is correct. When a ball enters the multi-ball trough, it always ejects another ball. When the game first starts, that switch won't get triggered again unless you release the guardian roll-over on a drain and a ball enters the trough, so multi-ball would be affected if this switch is not functioning - essentially causing a back-up in the trough/release.

As far as I know, switch 1 is for the ball release, switch 2 is to indicate whether more than 2 balls are in the trough, 3 is to indicate a ball in kicker position, and the always-closed switch is in line with the rails to keep tabs on whether the kicker got the ball out of the trough (to prevent more balls being sent if it doesn't trigger).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 85.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside