Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shock_me
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Once out of about every 20 - 25 times the bank of targets go down, they fail to reset. It is usually reset on the next ball. FYI...The previous owner replaced the targets and springs. What can I do to eliminate this?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 8 years ago

Dave. Each drop target has a leaf switch behind it that closes when the drop target falls, telling the game it was hit. If the switch is flaky or not making good contact, ie dirty or out of adjustment, the game won't know it's down and therefore won't reset until the next ball. Check all the switches in that target bank to make sure they are doing their job. That would be the first thing I would try.
I see you have a ton of games and lots of years here, so you've likely checked this obvious stuff already eh?

2 weeks later
#3 8 years ago

The switches are all set properly.

Now the drop target reset does not even take place in the solenoid test mode (happened only once) or upon next ball.

The resistance on each coil is good (21.5). Any ideas on where to go next?

Thanks,
Dave

#4 8 years ago

Try resoldering the connector on the Solenoid Driver board and check the pin on the connector for that bank of targets.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

The switches are all set properly.

Now the drop target reset does not even take place in the solenoid test mode (happened only once) or upon next ball.

I think Shockme is correct. You have to clean the leaf switch contacts. I use 2000 grit sandpaper for this and it works well. Place
between both contacts for each target when the targets are down and swipe a few times. Should clear it up.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I think Shockme is correct. You have to clean the leaf switch contacts. I use 2000 grit sandpaper for this and it works well. Place
between both contacts for each target when the targets are down and swipe a few times. Should clear it up.

Thanks for this input however doesn't it seem that the fact that it does not reset in test mode or upon next ball indicate something other than the switches? It seems logical to me that if it were switch related, it would not reset during the ball but would in test or next ball.

#7 8 years ago

You are correct with your logic. No answers here, but if you do clean contacts and they are the gold plated variety, use a fresh dollar bill or a business card that isn't glossy. Is the coil for the reset ok??

#8 8 years ago

The transistor for the reset coil might be bad. You should have a look at that, as well as the connector and pins on the solenoid driver board as Sealclubber suggested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaur-ii-drops-target-sometimes-do-no-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.